• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It has worked far better than ours overrall during the season.

How many games have we played where our midfield has been rubbish, couldn't create a single opportunity for our offensive players and couldn't properly protect our back 4?

Our back 4 has been terrible but our midfield didn't help at all.

Even during last game it was poor overrall. We had to wait for a lucky goal from Ramsey to unlock the game. To get more spaces to exploit.

Also I think we've became really poor in transition because there's a serious lack of quality there.
How's Chelsea's midfield worked better by far this season?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

£50m, get rid of all the deadwood and that’s another £50m.

£100m for greasy Mislintat to get 8 players.

Think that’s a lot to work with in the right circumstances. Might not be able to buy an Oblak or a Koulibaly but there’s still quality in the market.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Nagelsmann is that man. OK, personality wise, not at all the same. He doesn't have the same sort of natural personality as Klopp, and Nagelsmann has an ego, unlike Klopp, but he's a really passionate coach who brings teams together, and he can coach great football. And like often with Kloppo's teams, his teams are greater than the sum of its parts. They punch above their weight, while still playing good football.

Problem is though, his contract.

Wherever Nagelsmann ends up, that team will be getting a really fine coach. The work he is doing with Hoffenheim is fantastic. This season even more than last, considering the way their team was pilffered by Bayern. If they get back into Europe this season as it looks like they will do, then that is all down to him.

But I don't think it's possible to get him this year due to his contract situation (Dortmund wanted him for sure), but next year, I can see him moving on from Hoffenheim. From a purely selfish point of view, I hope he stays in the Bundesliga for a while, he is still so young.

Yeah I share your thoughts on Nagelsmann (guess we're both German fellas ? ;)) .

However, as you said he has a different personality and I put high value on that aspect as well. That being said, I wont judge him in this regard solely based on a few interviews and guess-work from the media..

He wouldn't be a bad choice, that's for sure ! :)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/12/19/16794990/mikel-arteta-arsenal-Arsène-wenger-manager

Wonder if we'll go down the same route as the LA Rams, who hired a very inexperienced manager too. It could be that we go straight from a very old-fashioned management model to an ultra-modern one. Essentially Gazidis, Mislintat, Sanllehi & Mertesacker handle all aspects behind the scenes and the head coach has a very narrow, focused role.

Football is increasingly heading down this road and it looks like we're committing to it wholeheartedly. In that case would it actually be detrimental to hire someone like Ancelotti or Allegri even, someone who expects more control and influence on recruitment?

carlito'sway

Established Member
An other issue with Arteta being coach is it won't attract players at all unless we overpay them.

For instance Rodgers & Moyes got turned down by so many good players.
Mourinho & Klopp are attracting far better players with approx the same ressources.

Not sure players are that attracted to Mou nowadays. This ship has sailed. They will go to MU because of the $$$.

Justin1986

Ralf Rangnick just been mentioned on sky sports as an option, anyone have any idea on this one? Ex Hoffenheim manager and mentor to Nagelsmann apparently??

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11345163/arsenal-have-ralf-rangnick-on-shortlist-as-possible-Arsène-wenger-replacement

Heres the article

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/12/19/16794990/mikel-arteta-arsenal-Arséne-wenger-manager

Wonder if we'll go down the same route as the LA Rams, who hired a very inexperienced manager too. It could be that we go straight from a very old-fashioned management model to an ultra-modern one. Essentially Gazidis, Mislintat, Sanllehi & Mertesacker handle all aspects behind the scenes and the head coach has a very narrow, focused role.

Football is increasingly heading down this road and it looks like we're committing to it wholeheartedly. In that case would it actually be detrimental to hire someone like Ancelotti or Allegri even, someone who expects more control and influence on recruitment?
Hair line will be consistent though...

AVENTUS

Ralf Rangnick just been mentioned on sky sports as an option, anyone have any idea on this one? Ex Hoffenheim manager and mentor to Nagelsmann apparently??

His 80/1 at the minute...

Could be a good bet..

I see this type of odds for Brexit and Donald trump to win election. And wished I put it on

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Hypothetically, if the 3 musketeers were keen on a young manager - who's the forums preference?

- Arteta
- Nagelsmann
- Tedesco
- Howe
- Vieira

1. Nagelmann - Has massively overachived for both teams he has managed so far. I like the way his team lines up (would suit Laca and PEA in a front 2).

2. Howe - Deserved to be rightly awarded Championship manager of the decade as what he has achieved with Bournemouth is unbelievable. It would be instresting to see how he fairs with a bigger club playing his attacking style of football.

3. Arteta - comes across as a likeable and intelligent guy. However giving the manager job to untested manager is too big of a gamble for me.

4. Tedesco - Too defensive in stlye for us despite doing a great job and overacheiving this season.

5 . Vieira - bigger ego than Jose and thicker than Merson.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

I can't see him wanting to go back to coaching, hell, I may be wrong! But he had a couple heatlh issues at Schalke 04 which lead him to leave. Not sure if he'd want to go back to that high stress.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nice to see that everyone on here at least agrees on one requirement for the new guy: an impeccable hairline.

Justin1986

I can't see him wanting to go back to coaching, hell, I may be wrong! But he had a couple heatlh issues at Schalke 04 which lead him to leave. Not sure if he'd want to go back to that high stress.
Would he be the sort of manager to suit us as I know very little about him, if healthy

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Would he be the sort of manager to suit us as I know very little about him, if healthy

he's a very good coach, likes agressive, pressing football really.

But he's currently sporting director at RB Leipzig, where he is doing a fantastic job, very highly respected.

He has not coached since leaving Schalke in 2011 I do not think. He is now about 60 years old too, I would be a bit surprised if he goes back into the stressful world of coaching.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

If I'm not mistaken, he basically walked away from Schalke several years ago because he was suffering from exhaustion and didn't have the energy to cope with the job. He did step in briefly at Leipzig until he found somebody. At 59, he's older than Ancelotti, so you would think his energy level would be no higher. Does seem a strange one considering.

Justin1986

he's a very good coach, likes agressive, pressing football really.

But he's currently sporting director at RB Leipzig, where he is doing a fantastic job, very highly respected.

He has not coached since leaving Schalke in 2011 I do not think. He is now about 60 years old too, I would be a bit surprised if he goes back into the stressful world of coaching.
Yeh I just read up on him a little and seems like the sort of manager I would love at arsenal , solely based on football style , also says that Klopp and Tuchel regard him as influence on there careers? Probably a long shot but no worse than some of the other names
Going about, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom