• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

like henry, lehmann thinks arsenal is paradise

Mark

Established Member
glad he likes it, after what happened in milan i was worried he might not settle in well, but it all sounds good so far and apart from those two mistakes he's been great this season.

KoLo28

That's pathetic what the Dortmund supporters did, banners with slurs against his family. Nice to see he is settling well another one of Wengers great buys, i have complete confidence in him and hope he is at Highbury for a few more years.

For this last minute goal scored with a header Lehmann became famous in Germany as he was the first keeper ever to score from open play in the Bundesliga's history.
When talking about the abuse he faced straight after his transfer to Dortmund you have to consider in which situation a player is when playing for either Dortmund or Schalke. If you play for one of these two clubs the last thing you should do is to switch sides. There is real hate between the fans of both sides, for either group the season is lost when their team is not the number one in their area even if they could reach a good position in the league. You could compare it with the relationship between Arsenal and Tottenham or Barcelona and Real Madrid (remember what happenend to Figo when he returned to the Camp Nou after having left Barcelona for Real)...
Nevertheless Lehmann is a great keeper and an asset for our team!

Andrew

German Gooner Chrisi said:
For this last minute goal scored with a header Lehmann became famous in Germany as he was the first keeper ever to score from open play in the Bundesliga's history.
When talking about the abuse he faced straight after his transfer to Dortmund you have to consider in which situation a player is when playing for either Dortmund or Schalke. If you play for one of these two clubs the last thing you should do is to switch sides. There is real hate between the fans of both sides, for either group the season is lost when their team is not the number one in their area even if they could reach a good position in the league. You could compare it with the relationship between Arsenal and Tottenham or Barcelona and Real Madrid (remember what happenend to Figo when he returned to the Camp Nou after having left Barcelona for Real)...

Yes, but should he get abuse from his own team?

beaney

Its all very sinilar to Sol, when he moved from Sp**s they gave him some awful grief!!

banners in the stadium voodoo dolls and small models with nooses round thier necks etc...

its harsh and i dont agree with it, but football fans are VERY passionate.

i mean we wouldnt like it if henry or vieria wnetto manure would we?

i doubt we would do thingsd like that, but we would absolutely HATE it!!!!

Andrew said:
German Gooner Chrisi said:

Yes, but should he get abuse from his own team?

He got all the abuse from the Dortmund fans because for them Lehmann was connected very closely to Schalke, the club they hate most in the country. Lehmann has played for years for their arch-rivals and so the fans needed some time to accept the new situation, namely that suddenly a player they used to hate the years before was now keeper of their own team. But at the end of his time in Dortmund, Lehmann was highly popular among the fans and regarded as one of the country's best keepers.
It's a bit complicated but as beaney said "football fans are VERY passionate"...

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom