• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loïc Rémy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
Rex Banner said:
I'd be against this move simply because Remy and Podolski offer pretty much the same returns, and I don't see why we'd move one to get the other.

When Pod plays down the middle he gains 5 stone, loses a lung and goes blind.

Yeah positionally they're different, I meant that goal wise they'll probably offer you 10-15 goals every year if they're consistently started. Also though in terms of wages if we lure him here over Chelsea we'd be paying top dollar for him, and I'd rather not waste the money and sign a player to a long term contract who's not going to radically improve us.

If I were in charge, I'd try the top class bracket once more and if there's nothing doing wait until next year and try to net one of the big fish. This is the definition of a panic buy.

DontPushMe

Iceman10 said:
It won't be Campbell, AW has confirmed he wants to keep him. It would either be Sanogo sent out on loan or the new signing would be considered an upgrade on Podolski.
Part of the poker game Wenger talked about. He doesn't rate him, I'm pretty confident of that. Campbell will probably leave if Remy comes in. Best time to sell him, a year on our bench will cut his value in half.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Remy, god please no. To go from Cavani and Falcao to a player rejected by Liverpool is heart breaking. Come on. Jose snap him up.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Wayne Veysey
‏@wayneveysey
Arsenal are big in for Loic Remy. 50-50 battle with Chelsea

Not sure whether to be happy we're finally in for a striker or aghast at the lack of planning.

Probably the former but if these reports are true then its ****ing tragic on our part. Scrambling for Loic Remy after turning our noses up at him all summer. Great work boys.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
So we're linked with him since the end of last season, have 3 months to sign him, do nothing, but after Chelsea are in for him we launch a bid at the eleventh hour?

Typical. Reeks of ineptitude and desperation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Journo from London Evening standard says Remy has agreed a deal with Chelsea and his medical is tomorrow. Arsenal have very late in the day put in a matching bid, but Chelsea are pretty confident.

Why the late bid from us? Missed out on another target and we fall back on Remy? Looks like it.

Weird all round, especially with Wenger bigging up his strike options so much.

seanb85

Hmmmm...does anyone else think this is just a smokescreen?

If Wenger really wanted Remy he could have him in 5 minutes. We're talking about a man who could walk into the French national team as manager whenever he wishes. All it would take is a phone call..."Giroud's out until 2015 and I want you to spearhead our attack. You'll also play a massive part in our CL campaign. You'll have Walcott on the right and Sanchez on the left and you'll play as a dynamic front 3. You'll have Özil or Cazorla feeding you balls from the centre" (all said in French, bonus!) Vs "I want you to provide backup for Costa and Drogba, at best you'll get 10mins at the end of a game that was practically won at half time"...

I'm sensing agent mischief here

Kenyonhater

Suave Gooner89 said:
So we're linked with him since the end of last season, have 3 months to sign him, do nothing, but after Chelsea are in for him we launch a bid at the eleventh hour?

Typical. Reeks of ineptitude and desperation.

Well put. If this is true it's utterly depressing. What started out as a highly promising window could be finishing in a shambolic and frustrating manner. With £60 odd million burning a hole in Arsène's pocket and glaring gaps in the squad. Under Wenger we seem to be destined to be permanently two or three players away from genuine PL and CL challengers, even with money to spend. He appears to be addicted to making do and forcing square pegs into round holes. It's as if he has an aversion to being in charge of a truly complete, rounded squad and can only derive satisfaction from somehow winging it and proving everyone wrong.

cannonade

Established Member
seanb85 said:
Hmmmm...does anyone else think this is just a smokescreen?

If Wenger really wanted Remy he could have him in 5 minutes. We're talking about a man who could walk into the French national team as manager whenever he wishes. All it would take is a phone call..."Giroud's out until 2015 and I want you to spearhead our attack. You'll also play a massive part in our CL campaign. You'll have Walcott on the right and Sanchez on the left and you'll play as a dynamic front 3. You'll have Özil or Cazorla feeding you balls from the centre" (all said in French, bonus!) Vs "I want you to provide backup for Costa and Drogba, at best you'll get 10mins at the end of a game that was practically won at half time"...

I'm sensing agent mischief here

Could be a smoke screen, but for what or whom? Or it could be that Wenger now realizes he better have some cover just in case Alexis, Sanogo, or Walcott go down. and there's no one else available at this late date. Could be that as well, and it's not like he hasn't panic-bought before--Santos, Young, Squid, etc..

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Oh Arsenal are doing blah blah blah but he won't go there because this super real source that I know close to club abc are the ones who will get player xyz. This super secret source has told me about no other transfers and I have called nothing to date other than signed sealed and delivered deals.

^^^This is literally what I;m seeing, are you guys seriously being hooked in to all this. Maybe if we're moving Poldi on we're going to bring him in but if we were moving him on this would have been done ages ago!

If it came down to a choice for Remy and he chose Chelsea he'd have to be a ####ing idiot, almost more stupid than the twitter ITKs.

Would've liked him here but can't see it happening sadly.

GG8

We only just qualified for the CL proper on Wednesday night. Wasnt his relase clause for CL teams?

Iceman10

Established Member
DontPushMe said:
Iceman10 said:
It won't be Campbell, AW has confirmed he wants to keep him. It would either be Sanogo sent out on loan or the new signing would be considered an upgrade on Podolski.
Part of the poker game Wenger talked about. He doesn't rate him, I'm pretty confident of that. Campbell will probably leave if Remy comes in. Best time to sell him, a year on our bench will cut his value in half.

No, I really do not believe Campbell is going anywhere, in fact I am certain of that being the case based on what AW has said about Campbell over the last few days. You are not alone in your theory here on A-M but such joining of the dots involves certain things regarding AW's character which simply don't fit the man.

It's either Sanogo or Podolksi that will be part of making room, the reason being that our number of non-HG players is 16 (inc. Sanogo for registration for the CL), the limit is 17, and we must add depth for CB before anything else. "Anything else", if a non-HG player, means an existing non-HG player has to make way, either through a loan or permanent out.

Edit: AW quote on Joel Campbell:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-joel-campbell-not-4135059

"We have had a lot of offers for Joel and have turned them all down."
“There are plenty of clubs – I don’t know exactly how many because once I said to my assistants, ‘He will not go out on loan’, if somebody calls them they don’t even tell me any more because, when I say no, it’s no."

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
DanDare said:
Wenger plays this on repeat whilst in his office

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxAlkalYyk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxAlkalYyk</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

As Curry says, better than nothing to be honest. Im all for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom