• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Look what Koeman is saying

r_blair2

Arsenal Legend!! but they all have to go and I see him maybe finishing his career at ajax.

Swap deal for Trabelsi and we would be in wonderland

Gurgen

Established Member
No he won't go to Ajax. Dennis said he would end his career at Arsenal or retire early and he is one of the few players who keeps his word and actually does what he says.

Arjan

Koeman is a ******!

The way he talks about HIS ajax! He was just lucky to inherite the players made by Co Adriaanse, one of the best coaches around IMO, and they brought Koeman succes. Those are they players everybody is talking about. Zlatan, Mawell, Galasek, Pienaar etc. all Adriaanse buys. Adriaanse introduced VDV.

I really hope Barca still want Koeman, can't stand him!

The way he treated Litmanen; he kicked him out! Litmanen is a legend, you don't treat pllayers like that, he wasn't even given the opportunity to say goodby to the fans!

Gurgen

Established Member
And now the blatant fool wants Bergkamp. Bergkamp has far too much class to play in de Eredivisie imo.

AFCG7

Established Member
Hmm.. i dont think Bergkamp would refuse a return to Ajax if Arsenal let him go.
I think we should hold on to him and let him work with our younger players where his knowledge professionalism skill and class will rub off in the right way.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Hopefully this talk means Arsenal won't f'k Dennis about like they did last summer. Funny to think it was Bolton who were after him then..

reggiepaul

Wenger has said he won't get as many games as he did this year if he stays on next year but who knows, maybe if Bergkamp is the best we have available next year with Henry he will get picked - but we still have to blood the youngsters so it could go either way.

Next year is his testimonial year as well.

memyself

I read this too. Can't see it myself, but I hope it gives Arsenal incentive to tie up Bergy to a contract before he gets pissed off about it.

dafish

forget about the young ones learning from him.

we need both reyes and henry learning from him. so when one fails, he can adopt the bergy role of *slow down and think* and create chances for the other

Guns and Arses

He can still be an important player in the team for at least 1 or 2 more seasons. The club should not let him down by not offering him a new contract.

Andrew

Litmanen unfortunately was a very good player who easn't appreciated enough. Why Houllier never gave him a real chance I don't know. Then on his return to Ajax he also never got a go. It was real sad to see.

As for Bergkamp... It just depends on whether him and Arsenal are on the same wavelength. If he thinks he has another year left in him and Arsenal do as well, he'll get another year. But if he thinks he has another year left in him and Arsenal don't want him then I don't see the harm in him returning to Ajax. I still think that would be a classy finish to a terrific career. It's not as if he's going to a struggling English club or something. Ajax is a big club with tradition and it is where it all started for him.

Gooner83

Bergy is not the player he was, lacking pace and strength to get away from defenders.. so he concedes more fouls... his vision and passing is still great and finishing seems to still be there but i don't mind if he wants to finish his career back home.

Ajax would probably pay him more for playing, than sitting on the bench at Arsenal while Reyes constantly gets first team football next season, which is likely.

Alexone234

One more year here will be enough to keep him.

This said, if he wanted to go I would still respect him as he changed the way we viewed football in this country. Pure artistic style and awareness.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom