• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lorik Cana

Humble Rex

Established Member
Re: Cana, again !!

qs said:
fabo said:
Aggressive players are very underrated around here - maybe Wenger's brainwashed people into thinking tippy tappy football is the only way to play the game.

Mascherano, Fletcher are all crap apparently.....yet in reality they are far better than our midfielders bar Cesc.

Not saying I want Cana specifically(I did last year) but if we continue to play naive, gung-ho football then we need more midfielders adept at defending and covering ground at pace.

Yeah he brainwashed into knowing the difference between a top class aggressive midfielder like Vieira and dirty water carrier like Fletcher.

I´d take a Fletcher any day of the week. Not Fletcher though! He has been a **** to us too many times... A player LIKE Fletcher who has been a **** in another league, that´s what I´m talking about! Would be a wonderful addition to our squad.

Raider

Established Member

His heart and passion alone makes me like him.

Unsure about his footballing ability. Although Flamini didn't have the greatest of footballing brains.

viper_001

Established Member

Footballers like Fletcher are criminally underrated, IMO. It is a water carrier's job to win back possession for his team, and foul/breakup opposition play. I don't know about you, but that sounds like the missing piece to our puzzle. We are great going forward, but often give up possession too easily, where we are quickly punished for it. When we aren't, we languidly try to win it back, often struggling to fight our way out of our own penalty box.

When everybody and their mom says we 'lack steel', that pretty much is layman's terms for lacking a proper water carrier.

qs

Established Member

Fletcher is hugely overrated. People go on about him nowadays like he's Petit.

Humble Rex

Established Member

How is he overrated qs? I´m genuinly interested in how you feel, especially since you are not alone in expressing that view.

Personally when I see Fletcher I see a player with great positional awareness, very good in the tackle, excellent workrate, tactically very sound, doesn´t waste many passes and good enough on the ball to help keep United´s game going.

And he is a massive ****...

qs

Established Member

I don't know where you live or what stations you watch football on Rex but I watch mostly British coverage and read british news papers for my football coverage and they act like Fletcher is the new Roy Keane. He's a solid player who does a job but he's nothing special yet because he plays for United he's treated like he is. He's judged by very low standards because he was absolute **** for so long. To me there isn't much difference between him and Carrick and the consensus is that Carrick is terrible because he was expected to be better. Thats why I say he's overrated.

Humble Rex

Established Member

A live in Sweden and don´t read very much that is not Arsenal related from England, so I didn´t know he was portrayed that way by the British press.

In that regard I certainly have to agree with you, he is no Roy Keane. He is a massive **** though, but not even in that regard does he compare to Keano...

I watch quite a lot of United, hoping they will lose since it gives me almost as much pleasure as us winning...

Quality wise though either him or Carrick would walk right into our first XI in my opinion.

otfgoon

Established Member

Carrick? :lol:

He's been awful this season, a complete waste of space. Don't take my word for it, plenty of United fans agree. That comment has taken all credability away from your Fletcher argument.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Well, I´m convinced that Carrick in our midfield this season would have made us a whole lot less porous than any of Diaby, Ramsey, Denilson or what have you who has played next to Song and Cesc.

If you think any of those guys at present is better than Carrick we just have to agree to disagree.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

Carrick has had an absolutely terrible season.

Hop onto a United forum and check out what they think of his defensive contributions. The second leg of the Munich game make for particularly entertaining reading.

Bossa

Established Member

Carrick has been terrible for United this season but I'd still take him. He would offer us a different dimension at DM.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Why would I care what Manure supporters think of Carrick? I have watched enough Manure games this season to come to my own conclusion that Carrick, this season, would have improved our CM.

You don´t think the average Manure supporter is a tad bit spoilt with their team having won the league 3 years in a row?

qs

Established Member

Carricks a mid table player and nothing more. He's so average its painful. At least Diaby has games where he looks top class every now and then.

flobaba

qs said:
Carricks a mid table player and nothing more. He's so average its painful. At least Diaby has games where he looks top class every now and then.
Funny thing is you can say that about most, if not all of the current ManU squad- bar Rooney, Vidic, and a couple others, Yet see how well they done, just by understanding their roles in the team and sticking to it.

I'd rather a tactically and technically adept, consistent and "average" Michael Carrick, than a mercurial, top class Diaby.

Carrick, like Fletcher, goes about his business in the heart of the midfield quietly, but effectively and consistently. Like a more powerful, more mature Denilson.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Back up for Song? Sure, Diaby and Denilson have proven this season that they are a better fit to our team. Thanks for setting me straight there! What was I thinking?!

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom