• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luka Modrić

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
Ya that's right. (as long as they played in a match, sitting on the bench doesn't count i think, kind of like Reyes last season not coming on to avoid being cup-tied)

And USArsenal i just checked the fa cup rules just to make sure and:
(d) A player shall not play for more than one Club in the Competition in the same season.

I think it's the same for the carling cup too.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GoonerGurjit said:
Apparently he's staying at Zagreb till the end of the season.
what?! six more months of this speculaiton? Arrrgh!

I hope that Wenge wil sign 10 midfielders in the next five months, so this link to Modric can be killed off completely. :x

juk380x

LOL, this is too funny to be true. Mamić now swears to keep Modrić until 2009 :D and claims he was offered over 50 milllion euro. Fat chance! :lol:

What'll be even funnier: headlines like "Modrić off to Barcelona in January" all over the papers tomorrow :)

guinertron

yawn yawn

sounds like someone is engineering a move to the highest bidder. We would never pay more than 10 to 15 for him. Ridiculous amount for a player who has not played in any big league. Silly season has started.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
He's been linked with Barcelona, Arsenal, and Chelsea, so It will be a huge anti-climax if he joins Man City.

You mean like Ribery to Bayern? The similarities (with these threads not the players) are manifold.

Oh lord, why us?

sesquioxide

"'Modric is definitely staying another year,' said Mamic. 'We rejected offers from some of the top clubs in England and Spain of up to €50m [£35m]. We want him to stay to maintain our chances in Europe.' The Spanish clubs are thought to include Valencia and Barcelona, who are known to want to offload Deco." (Guardian)

I have been watching this thread with some interest, but I have to think that if Zagreb wouldn't be happy with 35 M pound offers then we will never get Modric. Maybe this thread should be moved to Football Talk?

giuliob

If they are offered 50 million for Modric, and then say he is staying through the summer, that sounds like he is smoking something other than cigarettes! How can he refuse that kind of cash? Maybe he meant to say that he would sell him if offered 50 million....What a circus....

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope that someone can season some drug in Ambrovich's drink. So he can open his cheque book and write a big fat 35M cheque to Zagreb's chairman. That would kill this rumour completely. Any volunteer?

juk380x

a) Croatian newspapers and managers like to include the money players might potentially earn in their new club to the transfer fee, so the deal would appear to be more spectacular. Since Modrić was supposed to earn around €3m annualy, a 5 year contract would be worth €15m. So the alleged transfer fee would be €35m.

b) Nobody offered €35m, to quote Miroslav Blažević: "If anybody offered that kind of money, Mamić would swimm across the La Manche with Modrić strapped to his back just to sell him."

c) Apparently, nobody was willing to offer €30m Mamić really asked for. Even €20m was a bit too much for most.

d) Mamić is full of s**t, as usual.

e) I still hope we get him, maybe next summer, after the Euro? Still if he does well, his price might really reach the €30m mark.

juk380x

He probably is, I'd say around 15, but it's hard to tell since he never played here. He would probably adapt to La Liga more easily (like everybody else, for that matter).

beepos

Mamic must be deluded. 50 million euros is a hell of a lot of money. Few players on earth are worth that much, and Arsenal would NEVER pay close to that much.

Mostarac

Established Member
€50 million is ****ing ridiculous, I really hope that Wenger will not bid excessively more than £10 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom