• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lukas Podolski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noted

Supposed to be the next Fernando Torres of Germany. He's going to the world cup and plays for FC Koln.

I saw in the Daily Mail the other day that it's rumoured he might be coming to Arsenal.

What does everyone think and what have you seen of him. I rate him very highly

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Podolski's a very talented young striker, but isn't it inevitable that he'll sign for Bayern sooner rather then later?

dronan

I would like to see more of him in the world cup before i comment. Haven't been watching Cologne play in the german league much. I am also of the opinion that he will sign for Bayern Munich rather than Arsenal because it seems to me that Bayern has first dips on most good players in that league.

Well checking his goal stats this season he has scored 12 goals in 30 games in the league. 2 behind Ballack.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... 87&cpid=22

Ok so it seems he himself wants to go to Bayern after his team was relegated. He shouldn't cost much though if Arsenal were to put in a bid for him.

RammiXP

yeah i would prefer this guy to torres. cheaper and better in my opinion. but hey he is bayern's worry now so lets forget it.

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Great player, but he's going to Bayern. I've heard it's a done deal already.

He IS going to Bayern, although not yet confirmed. But both clubs officially talk about it and claim the transfer fee is the only thing, that needs to be discussed. With Bayern´s money, it won´t be a problem.

He is a very instinctive, physical player, kind of like Rooney, but not as good. It will be interesting if him leaving a crap team will catapult him to real class.

Viper

Established Member
Myles Palmer said:
John from South Korea emailed in after he heard rumors that an Arsenal board member has gone to Koln to negotiate for Podolski and hijack him from Bayern Munich. "I heard from a german guy that FC Bayern has offered Koln 6.5m-7.5m euros and Koln wants 10m and Wenger wants to sign him offering 10m euros". Podolski is the great hope of German football - likened to Wayne Rooney and nearly a goal every other game in his 15 internationals. To guauge what he's like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEjK0W6 ... 0northside
From ANR.

I think he would be a great signing. I've watched him for Germany a couple of times and he seems like a great player - he is pacey and is a great finisher.

If Myles is correct (unlikely) I really hope this does not mean the end of Van Persie.

asajoseph

Established Member
This has been discussed a bit already, but whilst the link's a bit sketchy, I think I'll let this one by - although he could sign for Bayern iminently, so don't expect another 100 page effort!

Buhry

Established Member

Van Persie > Podolski.
Wenger would be a fool to offload Robin imo.

Mostarac

Established Member
Podolski is fast and technical, but not a typical goalscorer.

TalentScout said:
top goalscorer in germany last year ?
hmmmmmmmmmm

Last season he was playing in the 2nd division, so can he be the top-scorer in Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom