• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luton Looting League's.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Screenshot_20230812-072818.png

If it is OK, I thought I would create a Thread on Luton Town Football Club.
Luton, nickname 'The Hatters' are the latest Club, to be Members of the Premier League. There ground, Kenilworth Road, is set to become the smallest capacity stadium, to be in the Premier League.
Luton were in the old First Division back in the early 1990's. Welsh International midfielder Mark Pembridge played for them then. They were relagated just before the Start of the Premier League era. There Fall and Rise has been Amazing. Going down the Leagues, down to National League level. Then embarking on a rise back up through the Leagues, getting Promotion back to the Top Flight last season.
Kenilworth Road is a quirky ground. Along the length of one side of the pitch is literally just Corporate Boxes.

Screenshot_20230812-073620.png

Screenshot_20230812-073021.png
The entrance to one of the Stands, is part of people's houses.

I have been to Kenilworth Road once, to watch Gloucester City play Luton in an FA Trophy Tie. It was played on a Friday Night, because a March of some kind was taking place the next day. When we were going into Luton, there were Police everywhere. This March was a pretty big thing.
Arsenal have signed players from Luton, (apologies if there are more). These are signings that I know of, since following Arsenal.

Screenshot_20230812-074035.png
John Hartson. Signed by George Graham, John was a Record Transfer Fee, for a Teenager.

Screenshot_20230812-073808.png
Matthew Upson. Signed by Arsène Wenger, Matthew had limited opportunities, in the Arsenal First Team.

Andrew Cole Linighan

This was before I started supporting Arsenal. In 1988, Arsenal played Luton Town, in the League Cup Final, at Wembley Stadium. Arsenal were the Favourites to Win the Trophy.

Screenshot_20230813-070641.png
The Front Cover of the League Cup Final Matchday Programme.

Luton had not read the script, as they beat Arsenal 3 - 2.

Screenshot_20230813-071316.png

Screenshot_20230813-071011.png

Luton Town, Winners of the 1988 Littlewoods League Cup.

Andrew Cole Linighan

When I think of Luton Town, these two things spring to mind.
TV Presenter Nick Owen, is a Luton Town supporter. He used to present 'Good Morning Britain', with Anne Diamond. Recently presented BBC's 'Midlands Today' News Programme. Nick had been Luton Town Chairman for a while.

Screenshot_20230813-143755.png
Nick Owen.

The other thing, is this Interview with Steven Gerrard, after Liverpool played at Luton, in the FA Cup.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom