• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man Utd vs Arsenal Match Ratings

squallkid

Established Member
First half against Sp**s we did both, attack and defend but we know what happened in the 2nd half.

5 losses before Christmas is 5 too many, sort it out Wenger.

brady_style

Sneezy 7 Made some crucial saves. Kicking was a let down.

Sagna 7 Battled hard.

Squillaci 4 Useless. Incapable of heading a ball properly. His positioning for the goal was horrendous. You can actually see him chickening out of every high kick out last night. At one point around the 17 minute mark Rooney, the ****ing midget Rooney, controlled a huge kick out from VDS while our man just stood behind him and watched.

Kos 5.5 Slightly better than the lump of ****e beside him. He let Rooney run behind him a few times. At least he tried to be proactive in his defending. Those who say he had Rooney in his pocket for the second half haven't watched alot of Wayne Rooney this season. He's been Muck.

Clichy 4 Not good enough. Ueseless. He's a prime example of how players stagnate if they are not part of a squad of hungry, committed players. He has been assured of his place for far too long now. This is true of so many of our squad. Some players need to be made an example of ... they need to be shipped out.
Song 5 Where's the heart and desire to win ?

Jack 6

Rosiscky His game has changed since his injuries. He's a great passer of the ball but when we get over ran physically his influence becomes negligible.

Nasri 6 Consistent. Consistenly inconsistent.

Chamakh 4 Needs to seriously work on his touch and shooting.

Arshavin 6 Tried hard. Did TH14 or DB10 ever put it absolutely stomping performances at OT ? No they didn't. Yet some dimwits on here believe Arshavin should be able to stroll into OT and hand them their asses on a plate. These games are always tight. Chances are always at a premium and the team with the most aggressive, well marshalled defence always wins. Looking at Arshavin as a reason we lost is just pure bonkers.

sabret00the

Established Member
Sczesny - 7 - Done his job outstandingly. A great save kept us in the game and had our other end done the job, he'd have been able to say he was proud to earn us that point.

Sagna - 5 - Just failed to cope with the problem of an attacking full back plus a winger. Required a much more forethought approach than what he produced.
Squillaci - 6 - Done a job. But got dragged out of position too much which meant we weren't able to play triangles with them in possession and we were prone to the counter. Back off of United far too much.
Koscielny - 6 - Average
Clichy - 3 - Even Lee Dixon has said he's gone backwards. Worst game I've seen from him in a while. Backed off of everyone. Dragged out of position. Sloppy. Useless.

Wilshere - 7 - Our best midfielder on the day. Find is hard to see why he's not getting the plaudits he deserved. He played with everything he had and drove us forward. We looked a much weaker side once he hit the bench.
Song - 4 - It was just a case of being played by this man. When everything is reactionary, it's easy to make you dance and he danced for united. Far too sloppy and not enough discipline to his game.
Rosicky - 4 - He offered us nothing. He wasn't definitive going forward. In fact he just kinda ran around a lot.

Arshavin - 5 - Just wasn't his day. The rating I feel could even be a little harsh as he was making the runs, just wasn't getting the service he needed which in turn led to the bad decision making that earned him his rating.
Chamakh - 5 - Still lacks those killer instincts for games like this where every chance matters.
Nasri - 5 - Bottled it. It was a huge game and as such people kept trying to play through him. He was meant to be our go to man, but unless he had an acre of space, he'd send it right back.

mo50

Established Member
Both teams had in form wide men. The way both managers dealt with them shows the difference between Wenger and Fergie. Every time Nasri touched the ball, not only was Evra and the wide man breathing down his neck, a midfield player was also there for cover. Nasri was completely nullified.

Us on the other hand, basically isolated Clichy and let Nani run at him. It was a completely ignorant and an extremely naive approach we took. Things like that make my blood boil. Simple tactical adjustments that are just not made, and we were lucky not to be punished.

mo50

Established Member
squallkid said:
Rosicky - Did he play?

I was asking myself the same question. It doesn't help when he's up against the best CB pairing, and the hardest working midfield in the league, though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Szczesny 7
Sagna 6
Squid 6
Kos 6
Clichy 4
Song 5
Wilshere 5
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 6
Nasri 5
Chamakh 5

Cesc 4
RVP 5
Walcott 6

ricky1985

Established Member
Watching Szczesny's interview on ATVO has actually just cheered me up a bit. We've got a phenomenal goalkeeper in the making there, we really have.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sabret00the said:
Sczesny - 7 - Done his job outstandingly. A great save kept us in the game and had our other end done the job, he'd have been able to say he was proud to earn us that point.

Sagna - 5 - Just failed to cope with the problem of an attacking full back plus a winger. Required a much more forethought approach than what he produced.
Squillaci - 6 - Done a job. But got dragged out of position too much which meant we weren't able to play triangles with them in possession and we were prone to the counter. Back off of United far too much.
Koscielny - 6 - Average
Clichy - 3 - Even Lee Dixon has said he's gone backwards. Worst game I've seen from him in a while. Backed off of everyone. Dragged out of position. Sloppy. Useless.

Wilshere - 7 - Our best midfielder on the day. Find is hard to see why he's not getting the plaudits he deserved. He played with everything he had and drove us forward. We looked a much weaker side once he hit the bench.
Song - 4 - It was just a case of being played by this man. When everything is reactionary, it's easy to make you dance and he danced for united. Far too sloppy and not enough discipline to his game.
Rosicky - 4 - He offered us nothing. He wasn't definitive going forward. In fact he just kinda ran around a lot.

Arshavin - 5 - Just wasn't his day. The rating I feel could even be a little harsh as he was making the runs, just wasn't getting the service he needed which in turn led to the bad decision making that earned him his rating.
Chamakh - 5 - Still lacks those killer instincts for games like this where every chance matters.
Nasri - 5 - Bottled it. It was a huge game and as such people kept trying to play through him. He was meant to be our go to man, but unless he had an acre of space, he'd send it right back.
im inclined to agree with most of this.. would probably give Kos a 7 though, thought he played fairly well..

would also give our subs 5's each.. Cesc & RvP were clearly off the pace and Theo didnt do much, but his strengths were not being used by our team

-Shaun-

Dissapointed with Rosicky more than anyone. Yeah, he wasn't our worst player but I was expecting more from him. He's been coming out in the press saying that he needs some more playing time in the big games, and this was his chance. As such he didn't really do anything wrong but he was just so ineffective. Made some decent challenges to break up the play, but apart from that he was nothing. No creativity whatsoever. We looked a lot more dangerous when Nasri came central.

Clichy was awful; as expected. Once again Nani's little b*itch boy. Fabregas was pretty damn rubbish n'all when he came on. Decent game from Chesney, and I admire Wilshere's passion.

Bossa

Established Member
I gave up on him a long time ago. Lets hope that Ramsey and Abou return soon. I'm so sick of the likes of Rosicky and Song.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Sneezy 7
Sagna 7
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 7.5
Clichy 6
Song 5.5
Wilshere 6.5
Rosicky 6
Nasri 6.5
Arshavin 5
Chamakh 6

RVP 5.5
Fabregas 5
Walcott 5

squallkid

Established Member
Oh my how absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I can understand the clamor for Ramsey who looked like a gem and a half

but Diaby???

Bossa

Established Member
squallkid said:
Oh my how absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I can understand the clamor for Ramsey who looked like a gem and a half

but Diaby???

At least Diaby can actually attack and he contributes well enough in defence imo. He also has a big engine and he can cover enough ground because he's pretty pacey. Song is a better DM but Wenger doesnt play with a DM anymore.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Shava's take on the match:

'(Marouane) Chamakh had a chance to score, but Nemanja Vidic managed to stop the ball with some cat-like jump.
(Vidic? cat -like?! :lol: )

'If it hadn't been for this crazy ricochet at the end of the first half, we would have gone in at half-time with the score 0-0, and then it would have been easier for us to play in the second half of the match.

'We weren't playing for the draw. We simply tried to act responsibly in defence. It was an away game, we were thinking how not to concede and at the same time we were looking for chances to score.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1338536/Manchester-United-lucky-beat-Arsenal-insists-Andrey-Arshavin.html#ixzz188JSjYfM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z188JSjYfM</a>

Humble Rex

Established Member
The thing is that, for once, they WERE acting responsibly in defence in a big game. Not succesfully every time, but they were certainly trying. After the goal that changed of course.

outlaw_member

Established Member
We performed in the same manner against Chelsea, earlier in the season. If you recall the game, it was pretty similar to yesterday's whereby the 35 odd minutes went without either team really looking like scoring, but then we failed to deal with a cross which caught us out cold. Unlike in previous seasons, we didn't come flying out of the blocks against Chelsea or United, and actually employed a more reserved approach but that hasn't worked, either.

yuvken

Established Member
It hasn't worked, true, but I'm happier with this attitude. If they believe they have the quality, they don't need to go crazy - they need to play responsibly, particularly against these two team who always used to punish our tendency to hand out gifts. We didn't play well, we were well smothered by utd superior back line, we lacked creation (central man), resulting in toothless attack - but I'd rather have us go with that approach and work on the details from here.
Btw - not happy with all this climbing on Arsh's back. He's much improved to last year, he misses and disappears at times, his game is based on high risk and a good D that anticipates his passing option makes it even harder - tough. He's good enough, and I'm glad we have him.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom