• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why are people talking about changing the culture? We’ve signed 20 players or so in the last 2/3 years. The club has been restructured. What culture are you changing?
It's nothing to with Arsenal, it was a response to the idea that Poch was poor in his first season. The results weren't there but he was building something.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don’t think we should be having this discussion btw but this is modern football I guess.

Last week Pepe was the solution and this week Pepe must be sold. In July Arteta was the best thing to happen to us in years and 3 months later some aren’t sure anymore.

I've always been consistent with my views though. It's the people who were calling me a troll months ago changing their tune now though, I can't respect them. Same thing happened with Lacazette.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've always been consistent with my views though. It's the people who were calling me a troll months ago changing their tune now though, I can't respect them. Same thing happened with Lacazette.
Yeah you’ve been on the same thing with Arteta. I’m still hoping we go on a good run and get our season back on track, but every game looks a battle to me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
My post was more general, he’s been here a year and we’re still talking about changing the culture. We have to move and just concentrate on results and performances now.
No one is talking about changing the culture at Arsenal. It was only said about Poch at Sp**s. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can discuss whether theres improvement 1 year on.

Arteta joined on the 20th of December. Lockdown began on the 13th of March, roughly 3 months after Arteta had taken charge. Football returned approximately 3 months later where Arteta had to essentially start again.

So you can quite easily say he's been here for 11 months, we should notice a big difference by now. But the blokes had an incredibly disjointed first year for a new manager.

For your other point I may not have understood properly when I was 7/8 years old but I remember what happened and how good we were. Which means I can understand it now as I've grown older. The memories you hold when you were younger are more understood as you grow up.

Dislike people who patronise others, you're 7 years older than me but I seemingly have more knowledge than yourself. Age is just a number, especially if you're deluded.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah you’ve been on the same thing with Arteta. I’m still hoping we go on a good run and get our season back on track, but every game looks a battle to me.

Yeah but a manager is only as good as what's above him and we've spent the last few windows buying Sven's exes and Kia's clients. No actual game plan on how to move forward. We've signed a new CB for every transfer window Summer and Winter for the last 3 or so years.

Bloodbather

Established Member

My post was more general, he’s been here a year and we’re still talking about changing the culture. We have to move and just concentrate on results and performances now.

Arteta has already done his job in terms of changing the culture, really. The team has become more disciplined. Obviously, the lack of discipline and coordination was far from being the team's only issue and he now has to address those other problems.

Blaziken

Go to other teams forums and see what they think of arteta if y'all want a non biased view. Giving a job to a rookie describes our board and their ambition.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta has already done his job in terms of changing the culture, really. The team has become more disciplined. Obviously, the lack of discipline and coordination was far from being the team's only issue and he now has to address those other problems.

More disciplined? Özil actions? Guendouzi actions? Pepes actions? Willians holidays. Xhaka cuddling a player who helped get Pepe sent off. Nothing changed. All lip service.

ArtetaOut

We need a coach with both passion and tactical nous

tenor.gif

Manberg

Predator
This thread should not exist. Makes us a laughing stock. Who sacks a manager after 30 or so games? A manager that’s won 2 trophies in that time. Ridiculous. Close this thread and send it to oblivion.

Did you honestly not accept that there will be hiccups on the road to greatness? We’re in a hiccup. We’ll get out of the hiccup, just got to find the water.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom