• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tuchel has again just proven why when it comes to managers, it's not a bad thing to go just get the expensive and assured option. This Chelsea team was absolute dogshit under Lampard, Tuchel comes in and now look, even if he wasn't doing as well as he is when he gets HIS players these results would be the same.

It's why I'd like to see Arsenal just go spend and get a Rodgers/Conte, you know exactly what you're getting and money can be saved by them actually improving players. Even if it's just the top 4 we get, the gems like Potter would be more developed and less of a risk, then we can get them or go for someone else.

Get the best available, not the cheap risk who may be a star in a few years time.

This is such a good post I had the check the user name about 10 times to make sure I was seeing things right.

But to add I don't even see why it's a debate that it'd be better going for someone who's experienced and has managed top clubs before with relative success. I get that Emery didn't work but we can't just discount managers like Conte, Benitez, etc just because of that.

Surely after the Arteta gamble it'd be best just to go for someone who's got experience and can turn things around quickly. I don't think we've really got the patience for another project manager.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is such a good post I had the check the user name about 10 times to make sure I was seeing things right.

But to add I don't even see why it's a debate that it'd be better going for someone who's experienced and has managed top clubs before with relative success. I get that Emery didn't work but we can't just discount managers like Conte, Benitez, etc just because of that.

Surely after the Arteta gamble it'd be best just to go for someone who's got experience and can turn things around quickly. I don't think we've really got the patience for another project manager.

As I have said I think the recruitment only looks so bad because the managers we had weren't good enough. Emery lost the team after the final, any signing after that came into an awful locker room and didn't develop. Arteta, say no more, got rid of the guys we should have developed and stuck with the bums, improved absolutely no one, and our midfield signing Partey has looked poor under him as well.

Conte got the best out of some absolute bums in Young, Sanchez, Eriksen and whoever else, don't tell me he couldn't get more out of the bums like Willian, Lacazette, Ceballos etc. while developing and improving talent, same with Rodgers.

Hate to keep bringing it back to Tommy T, but look at the bums in that Chelsea backline that's improved already, and wastemen like Jorginho and Kante. He's got Kante back to elite. **** sake.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As I have said I think the recruitment only looks so bad because the managers we had weren't good enough. Emery lost the team after the final, any signing after that came into an awful locker room and didn't develop. Arteta, say no more, got rid of the guys we should have developed and stuck with the bums, improved absolutely no one, and our midfield signing Partey has looked poor under him as well.

Conte got the best out of some absolute bums in Young, Sanchez, Eriksen and whoever else, don't tell me he couldn't get more out of the bums like Willian, Lacazette, Ceballos etc. while developing and improving talent, same with Rodgers.

Hate to keep bringing it back to Tommy T, but look at the bums in that Chelsea backline that's improved already, and wastemen like Jorginho and Kante. He's got Kante back to elite. **** sake.

Genuinely mate you’ve gone up a level. Big papi One.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers would have this team top six fighting for the CL. Little man is right.

Would rather see us spend £30m buying him out of his contract than see us pay that for some La Liga scrub.

Yep.

Not only that but the reason it'd be especially worth it is because imo he'd be able to get our attack functioning quite quickly (I'm thinking that front four quartet) which would hopefully mask our deficiencies in midfield and at full back (we are really bad at fullback if we remove Tierney).

Rodgers would be my pick at the moment and the price to buy him out would be worth it.....you gotta speculate to accumulate as the Americans love to say.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Get the best available, not the cheap risk who may be a star in a few years time.
It's actually pretty rare if not outright non-existent to intentionally hire a manager with the idea of him being a star in a few years. Pretty much all the examples people can list of unknown managers going on to become stars are a result of them being hired to basically steady the ship short terms, not long term, and then they just happened to achieve almost instant major success and thus earned staying on as a result.

It's actually a really strange concept to think you can "mould" a manager to become a star as if he's a young/raw player. If a young/raw player is having a rough patch you obviously don't terminate his contract on the spot, but you do take him out of the starting 11, loan him out, play him in youth games, give him less minutes etc.. You can't exactly do that with a manager so you're just stuck with him getting abysmal result after abysmal result while he "develops". It's a nonsensical strategy.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You could honestly have a list of at least 20+ names who I'm confident would do a better job than Arteta. I'm not even talking Klopp/Guardiola levels either. Someone simply competent would be an improvement.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rodgers is probably unlikely now Leicester will have CL. He’d be tempted compared to the Tottenham offer though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
arsenal-women-v-everton-women-barclays-fa-womens-super-league-scaled-e1612857380377.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom