• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managers

Stinky

A few of me work colleagues were chatting and wondering who was the EPL's longest serving manager at one single club (started this discussion after chatting about Wenger's 400th match against Birm)...does anyone know? We guessed it would be either Shankley, Busby, Fergie, or Paisley???

Can anyone help?

A

Anonymous

has to be Fergie cause he has been 17 years ..Sir Matt Busby was never a manager for an "EPL" team!

Stinky

thanks Ruud, I should have type "EPL and the old first division"...does this still make it Fergie??? :eek:ops:

Stinky

still, no one knows....for shame....us in the antipodes will have to scourer the internet ourselves....i feel let down :(

A

Anonymous

ExiledInNewcastle said:
I know its not EPL, but I'm pretty sure that the great Dario Gradi at Crewe is the longest serving manager in the UK currently.

Just what i was going to say.

lewdikris

Established Member
Shifting the topic slightly - Guy Roux has been manager of Auxerre for 42 years.

That's a long time.

Yes it is.

satan_beckham

As Far as the all-time records go, a man called Fred Everiss was in charge as secretary-manager of West Brom for an incredible 46 years from 1902-1946, while Bill Lambton somehow only managed to last three days in the post at Scunthorpe in 1959.

being manager for 3 days???what the hell did he do?hhaha..

great site men!very interesting news

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom