• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Uncle Good-Advice

Okay mate....I just gave you some specifics and you decided to ignore them. and now you are moving the goal posts right there.
From "Wenger never learns" something that is simply stupid, now you are throwing a number of cliches that are easily disproven.
Seriously what the f**** is "buying players we actually need"suppose to mean after buying Özil/ Sanchez or Mustafi? Are you saying we didn't need Özil or Sanchez?
By the way, for your info, we do have LESS injuries this year, last season as well as the one before. That is well reported, just look at the data. Plenty has been written about this.

Since you're starting to throw some offensive remarks instead of arguments I think it is better to stop this kind of conversation :)

Cheers mate!

carlito'sway

Established Member
Since you're starting to throw some offensive remarks instead of arguments I think it is better to stop this kind of conversation :)

Cheers mate!

Your original comment was a completely asinine one. I still offered you some arguments and facts, feel free to make use of them. :)
Cheers mate...

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pep needed to bought down to Earth a bit.

Their form went to **** in the league when he started to move away from more traditional formations.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Because Pep wins.

Or at least he has a winning record so far. The media backs winners and Arsenal haven't been winners for a long time.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I tend to agree with Rory Smith here....

"But it is more than that. If Guardiola struggles — or if he fails outright — at Manchester City, then the myth of English exceptionalism is vindicated. The Premier League can continue to regard itself as a world apart. He will have failed the Rainy Night in Stoke test, the idea that greatness accrued elsewhere in Europe can only ever come with an asterisk until it has been proved when faced with the unique array of challenges on offer in England.

If he succeeds, though, then all of that falls away. He has made it plain that he does not intend to compromise his beliefs for his new surroundings. “I won 21 titles in seven years: three titles per year playing in this way,” he said earlier this season. “I’m sorry, guys. I’m not going to change.”

This, in essence, is a battle of ideas. Guardiola, in many ways, represents a new way of thinking. Should he thrive, it would not just represent the triumph of his philosophy, but also the failure of so many of the tenets that are central to England’s identity. That is where the vitriol comes from; that is why it has become personal. It is not about Guardiola; it is about us."
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/1...sh-premier-league.html?smid=tw-share&referer=

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I tend to agree with Rory Smith here....

"But it is more than that. If Guardiola struggles — or if he fails outright — at Manchester City, then the myth of English exceptionalism is vindicated. The Premier League can continue to regard itself as a world apart. He will have failed the Rainy Night in Stoke test, the idea that greatness accrued elsewhere in Europe can only ever come with an asterisk until it has been proved when faced with the unique array of challenges on offer in England.

If he succeeds, though, then all of that falls away. He has made it plain that he does not intend to compromise his beliefs for his new surroundings. “I won 21 titles in seven years: three titles per year playing in this way,” he said earlier this season. “I’m sorry, guys. I’m not going to change.”

This, in essence, is a battle of ideas. Guardiola, in many ways, represents a new way of thinking. Should he thrive, it would not just represent the triumph of his philosophy, but also the failure of so many of the tenets that are central to England’s identity. That is where the vitriol comes from; that is why it has become personal. It is not about Guardiola; it is about us."
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/1...sh-premier-league.html?smid=tw-share&referer=

I hate this the most about Pep, this bollocks about him representing "the new way of thinking".

As though everyone else involved in English football are luddites waiting to be shown the light by Pep.

There's nothing that revolutionary in his tactics, it worked best at Barca when he had 4 or 5 players of the decade in his starting XI, then worked less well at Bayern when he didn't have the best player of all time in his team and now with a much more even playing field it doesn't seem to be working at all.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I hate this the most about Pep, this bollocks about him representing "the new way of thinking".

As though everyone else involved in English football are luddites waiting to be shown the light by Pep.

There's nothing that revolutionary in his tactics, it worked best at Barca when he had 4 or 5 players of the decade in his starting XI, then worked less well at Bayern when he didn't have the best player of all time in his team and now with a much more even playing field it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I don't think the article implied that all involved in English football are luddites. I did not see or read it that way. It is obvious that some are really gunning for him to fail, like they did for Arsène a few years ago.

One may or may not like Pep however it is hard to deny that he has indeed introduced and perfected a number of methods, tactics and game plans that are indeed totally new and innovative. This has been the topic of countless articles and analysis. Hard to deny him that unless one is myopic.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Some of his tactics are ****ing bizarre. Playing wingers as wing backs, full backs as centre backs and attacking midfielders as strikers :lol:.

Like you said, it works when you have the best players available to you. When you're relying on an aging Toure, Zabaleta and Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando etc. it's gonna fall pieces. Their defensive display against Leicester was laughable, Sunday league level.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom