• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Yep been saying all season we are very well coached and well stricter team. But hugely overachieving as well. Away from home we simply don’t have the control top teams have and simply don’t have enough good ball players. You never gonna be possession team against good teams with Rice in the middle

I don’t think it’s as clear as that but I do think we give off an impression of being a technically secure team when I don’t think we actually are. It’s weird

Barca for example are always a technically secure team regardless of how bad they are. Not sure if that makes sense

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Christ, that has been a hard half haha.

Erm United are actually a lot better than I thought. Comparing them to Sp*rs I think they're just much more dangerous but also you can see where they have weaknesses in how they conceded.

We've been...erm not great, but actually I think a lot of our players have been good individually; White, Saliba, Trossard, Havertz but a lot of times we're making sloppy passes at key moments.

ptrcopp

I don’t expect City to drop points so happy if we just win this to take it to the last day - and hopefully take the jinx off future games.

Utd are treating this like their cup final. We could have taken advantage a couple of times but they’ve not challenged a great deal

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Need to be a bit braver. They aren't City away that we need to get every single player drop back into the penalty area. Even if we win the ball back we have no outball as everyone is too deep. Vicious cycle

GoonerJay24

Yep been saying all season we are very well coached and well stricter team. But hugely overachieving as well. Away from home we simply don’t have the control top teams have and simply don’t have enough good ball players. You never gonna be possession team against good teams with Rice in the middle

I'm not watching the game but I've said this for awhile. Despite our form this year, I always felt the team shows its real levels against better opponents

Diesel

Players willing booting the ball to a 5 foot 8 trossard after not having possession for 6 hours. Nice tactics

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
GNZDqhPWkAEuU6x

... @A_G my source has told me the reason Casemiro didn't push up quickly, was because he was too busy being in awe thinking about how many United players either have better stats than Saka (without pens) or are just more talented than Bukayo.

Arteta luck for us here, ngl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom