• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentacula

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=734986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=734986</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool In For Balotelli?
Internazionale's young star Mario Balotelli has intimated that he may have no problems leaving the club, which appears to have put some top clubs on alert, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool linked with a move for the striker...

Balotelli, 17, is of Ghanaian heritage but was adopted by Italian parents. He is eager to represent the Azzurri once he turns 18 and is officially an Italian citizen, having already turned down the chance to play for Ghana.

Inter, however, he appears to have less loyalty towards. Recent quotes suggest that the powerful forward would have no problem leaving the club and that, as he has only been there for a couple of years, he has no special attachment to the Italian champions.

He enjoyed a fairly prominent breakthrough season, considering his age, scoring three goals in 11 starts.

The Times reports that Balotelli's signature is being fiercely contested for among three of England's big four. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are said to be the clubs interest, with all possibly being in the market for a striker of his mould.

number_0

Established Member
A ****ing world class potential, has the world at his feet, I am sure we wont get him, so lets just hope that neither liverpool or chelsea do.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Im sure there was an article on goal.com earlier where hes very close to signing a contract extension. Its all money

Hes on like 60 grand a year and he will get a much improved deal

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like he's trying to get a new contract. He will stay in Inter.

I don't want him to join Arsenal either. He's a special talent but not that speicial.

Anzac

Established Member
Nice if it happens as it would make for nice options with Bendtner & Theo up front, but I'm more concerned about the next season & not 2 - 3 years down the track at this point.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
hes going to be fantastic, but he strikes me as too greedy for Arsenal. The reason he said that stuff about Inter was because he wanted a bigger contract, hes already complaining at 17. He already makes 50,000 a year, and wants 1.1 a year increasing to 2.5 by 2013.

It seems he will stay with Inter though.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun13c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... un13c.html</a>

McIntyre

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
hes going to be fantastic, but he strikes me as too greedy for Arsenal. The reason he said that stuff about Inter was because he wanted a bigger contract, hes already complaining at 17.

He's not only complaining about wages, I'm pretty sure I read that he would ask for a transfer if Mourinho took charge and didn't play him. So at seventeen he's already insisting on more money and a guaranteed first team place. Sounds like exactly the sort of character we do not need at Arsenal.

Mostarac

Established Member
tactica442 said:
I don't want him to join Arsenal either. He's a special talent but not that speicial.

Based on what he has done in his first season in European top football I would say that he is THAT special. The kid is going to be a world beater for sure given the proper time to develop and who would not want a talent like that at Arsenal? For example, compared his first year in Inter`s team with Walcott`s first full year for us, and he makes Walcott look like some League One player.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Mostarac said:
tactica442 said:

Based on what he has done in his first season in European top football I would say that he is THAT special. The kid is going to be a world beater for sure given the proper time to develop and who would not want a talent like that at Arsenal? For example, compared his first year in Inter`s team with Walcott`s first full year for us, and he makes Walcott look like some League One player.

But theres no pressure on Balo. Theo had to step up in a struggling team ever since the get go so that didnt do him any favours whereas Balotelli came into a side that is champions and were top of the league that lacked pace and were filled with experienced internationals so he had nothing to lose

I think if you put a theo into that Inter squad at 17 in the last 2/3 of the season he would of made as big of an impact as Balotelli

Mostarac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
But theres no pressure on Balo. Theo had to step up in a struggling team ever since the get go so that didnt do him any favours whereas Balotelli came into a side that is champions and were top of the league that lacked pace and were filled with experienced internationals so he had nothing to lose
I think if you put a theo into that Inter squad at 17 in the last 2/3 of the season he would of made as big of an impact as Balotelli

I think its wrong to say that Walcott had more pressure on him compared to Balotelli, mate. I do not know if Wenger himself expected Walcott to step it up completely in his first full season for us, maybe the fans did. When it comes to Balotelli, you have to remember that most Italian teams do not give youngsters a chance to play when they are 17, so if Balotelli disappointed he would not be given a second chance, that is surely pressure for him too? Also during the second part of the season, Inter were awful and were battling to retain the title, during this period Balotelli played a significant role in the team and they expected him to perform. I am not so sure that Walcott at 17 would have made such a big impact at Inter, the kid seems mentally fragile in a way and plus if he did badly for 2-3 matches Mancini would have kicked him out of them for sure. The way I see it is arguably easier to get playtime as a young player playing for us compared at Inter which in turn means that our players are given chances to impress regularly while at Inter if the younger players fail to perform they do not get a second chance which in turn shows where the pressure is. All in all, I think its plain wrong to say that there is not pressure on Balotelli.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Agree with Mos,plus Balotelli basically had to carry Inter for stages at the end of the year when Zlatan was out. Thats alot of pressure, maybe not being put on you by the media, but its still pressure.

However like I said before I wouldnt want him here either.

Anzac

Established Member
McIntyre said:
USgoonergirl said:
hes going to be fantastic, but he strikes me as too greedy for Arsenal. The reason he said that stuff about Inter was because he wanted a bigger contract, hes already complaining at 17.

He's not only complaining about wages, I'm pretty sure I read that he would ask for a transfer if Mourinho took charge and didn't play him. So at seventeen he's already insisting on more money and a guaranteed first team place. Sounds like exactly the sort of character we do not need at Arsenal.

sounds like he'd fit in with some we've already had here...... :wink:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mostarac said:
tactica442 said:

I was using Bendtner and Theo as a yardstick to measure Balotelli's ability. I just can't see what this Italian kid can add into Arsenal really. In fact, I am more excited by Ramsey than by the stroy linking Balotelli to Arsenal.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Mostarac said:
tactica442 said:

I was using Bendtner and Theo as a yardstick to measure Balotelli's ability. I just can't see what this Italian kid can add into Arsenal really. In fact, I am more excited by Ramsey than by the stroy linking Balotelli to Arsenal.
Well Im more excited about signing Ramsey too because theres no way we will get Balotelli. But Id say hes ahead of Bendtner and Walcott in term of ability.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Well as I said, hes a great talent but hes nothing special yet. He came into the side with nothing to lose and he played fanatstic. Inter were already a strong unit but he made them even stronger with his young pace and intelligence

He must be a hot prospect to be in the first team at 17, just like Walcott, Cesc, etc but the reason why his impact was so vibrant was because the Inter players were all tired, legless and all are very experience and he brought something fresh to the team. Unlike walcott, Inter were a team of champions and that mentality rubbed off onto the Balotelli by default

Would he have had the same impact if he was playing for any Italian team that didnt have the strong unit already as Inter, i dont think so

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Balotelli's at it again.

There are reports that Inter's teenage marksman Mario Balotelli is planning to hand in a transfer request.

Balotelli is one of Italy's most promising rising stars, but he has had limited action with the Nerazzurri this term.

According to Sportmediaset, the Azzurrini ace has grown tired of his peripheral role and is ready to ask Mourinho to be transfer-listed.

The 18-year-old is determined to break into Marcello Lippi's senior Italy squad and he realises that is unlikely when his involvement is limited to warming the San Siro bench.

Sportmediaset claims that Balotelli will meet with club officials next week to discuss a possible loan switch in January.

Chelsea are known to be keen on Balotelli and Serie A's giants are also likely to keep a close eye on the situation.

No link with us, but I'm sure that we're interested if it's true. It's obviously depending on if he's really leaving or just being loaned out though. I haven't seen a forward talent as big as Balotelli in many years. If there's any chance to get him on a permanent transfer we should take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom