• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

All of our signings like Tavares, Sambi, Marquinhos etc are all less than 35 and it's unlikely Arteta would have known who they were as they are so obscure.

Of course not. But he could have said no and none of them would have been signed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Of course not. But he could have said no and none of them would have been signed.

He could have, but it's still work you can't shut down the director's input every single time even if you know it's a sh*t idea.

If my theory is true then Edu's influence on signings has waned with time anyways with all these prem signings. Emerson Royale + Neto (the keeper) were reportedly turned down by Tets.

A lot of guesswork on my part though, maybe it is all Arteta who knows.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He could have, but it's still work you can't shut down the director's input every single time even if you know it's a sh*t idea.

If my theory is true then Edu's influence on signings has waned with time anyways with all these prem signings. Emerson Royale + Neto (the keeper) were reportedly turned down by Tets.

A lot of guesswork on my part though, maybe it is all Arteta who knows.
It would make sense if Edu wanted the PL players. But we are assuming just cause he is Brazilian he has great knowledge of Brazilian football. I really doubt he knew about Marquinhos

Either a scout recommended him or what I believe it’s to help some friends with the move. I also doubt any scout would recommend such a dead player who is not a big talent. So it’s business between friends

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It would make sense if Edu wanted the PL players. But we are assuming just cause he is Brazilian he has great knowledge of Brazilian football. I really doubt he knew about Marquinhos

Because whilst Edu went to play in Spain then be an executive in Brazil, Arteta has stayed in English football throughout. He was even hired by Pep because of this expertise (yes expertise, the guy knows England) as Pep has never even played in England.

It would make sense that Arteta has the eye for Prem players. Reliable sources have confirmed Edu's preference for stat based recruitment which is the only way you could explain a two footed chaotic player who wasn't even getting minutes in Tavares.

Either a scout recommended him or what I believe it’s to help some friends with the move. I also doubt any scout would recommend such a dead player who is not a big talent. So it’s business between friends

and who's more likely to deal with friends and do agents favours? The guy coaching at the training ground or Edu?

I have very little time for Arteta I don't rate him, but the criticism/blame has to make sense.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Because whilst Edu went to play in Spain then be an executive Brazil, Arteta has stayed in English football throughout. He was even hired by Pep because of this expertise (yes expertise, the guy knows England) as Pep has never even played in England.

It would make sense that Arteta has the eye for Prem players. Reliable sources have confirmed Edu's preference for stat based recruitment which is the only way you could explain a two footed chaotic player who wasn't even getting minutes in Tavares.

and who's more likely to deal with friends and agents? The guy coaching at the training ground or Edu?

I have very little time for Arteta I don't rate him, but the criticism or blame has to make sense.
Really great use of Macho’s Razor here.

fute

Edu is more the PR guy here. A face of the club and the front office.

It is all Arteta. He is a control freak. He isn't just going to let anybody on the squad unless he thinks it is okay.

Arteta thinks all about spending, but not the consequences of that spending or getting some value back from selling. He came from City where money is no object.

If a player is a bust, who cares about the fee. They'll just rot the bench or conveniently get a "knock". Or go on loan. Then we'll spend more on someone else.

But we are not City, and now this year we've reached a ceiling on what we can do.

Now we kind of have to sell something of value and then be prudent when making our next purchase. That also means we have to really hit on the next few player acquisitions to work because we can't afford more busts like in the past.

The rubber is meeting the road.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Id love to know what percentage of our transfers have been a success under Mik and Edu?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Id love to know what percentage of our transfers have been a success under Mik and Edu?

Overall including the cheap punts off the top of my head, without up drawing lists or going to deep into it seems 50/50.

The success rate is a higher if you change the threshold to only include signings intended to be starters.

Would be interesting to revisit this where The Athletic called every Arteta/Edu signing a hit: Recent Transfers since 2019 Hit or Miss?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The loan's going quite well. Currently playing as a left-footed RB.

That's par for the course in Brasil, let me tell you. Plus, Diniz is a more modern BR coach, so there's a chance he's playing a lot closer to a winger/wingback.

El Duderino

Good to see him doing well, if he keeps scoring goals like that could earn him a very nice move.

Eeeeeeh, idk. He'd need to light it up pretty hard for a Brazilian club to sign him.

Doesn't have much to his name, so I think another loan will be likely. Didn't cost much, could've cost nothing.

Rather a punt like this than have another Cedric, it is what it is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eeeeeeh, idk. He'd need to light it up pretty hard for a Brazilian club to sign him.

Doesn't have much to his name, so I think another loan will be likely. Didn't cost much, could've cost nothing.

Rather a punt like this than have another Cedric, it is what it is.
True I guess, but I don't have much hope for him doing anything at Arsenal so I hope he at least gets a good move. He came here and scored on his debut - then got benched in the U21s by Cozier-Duberry.

El Duderino

True I guess, but I don't have much hope for him doing anything at Arsenal so I hope he at least gets a good move. He came here and scored on his debut - then got benched in the U21s by Cozier-Duberry.

Yeah, nothing against the player, and we paid peanuts relatively speaking.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom