• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mart Poom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
From today's People:

Arsenal are ready to snap up Sunderland keeper Mart Poom in a loan swap with Justin Hoyte.

Gunners manager Arsène Wenger is trying to set up a deal that will see Poom head for Highbury as cover for Jens Lehmann - particularly in Europe where he starts with a ban.

Estonian international Poom is fit after injury but out of Sunderland's side and on a heavy wage that they want to lose. Poom is desperate for the deal, but Arsenal will have to trade England Under-21 starlet Hoyte to get their man.

Sunderland want a new right-back as Stephen Wright is injured and Hoyte would be the perfect answer.

The clubs are working on a move that suits them both and a loan until January looks favourite.

kevlinefm

It's a bit outrageous. Poom in a deal where Hoyte will be loaned out to Sunderland?

But the main question would be: Is Poom good enough for Arsenal?

malagar

Poom was good enough for us - maybe 4-5 years back. But now he is the longtime keeper of my national team , but is loosing his place there toothanks to his injuries. He hasnt played a match for almost a year now thanks to a nasty knee injury. So I think we could do better. and this story is bollocks anyway

A

Anonymous

It would be nice if Arsenal could be linked to a decent shot stopper of some reputation and ability.

Sunderland? Relegation fodder.

hollow

Would prefer a better keeper. Might be hard now as Lehmann is playing out of his skin and a decent keeper will want games in a wc year. I'd like to see Hoyte go on loan to a premiership club though, preferably West Ham as he could link up with Ali.

Sound an OK deal just to tide us over till the transfer window, I doubt he will even get a start but Ok for a bench warmer. It's not like Hoyte will play much a part this year and we have Eboue for back-up on the right be good for Hoyte to get some games too

9Reyes

****........ Poom is no quality!!
He maybe was, but NOT know!!

It's ok that Hoyte is going to Sunderland fore a one year loan deal, he will get more first team experience!!

Can't Wenger at least use a LITTLE of his money...and find something better??

nidza7

Established Member
9Reyes said:
f**k........ Poom is no quality!!
He maybe was, but NOT know!!

It's ok that Hoyte is going to Sunderland fore a one year loan deal, he will get more first team experience!!

Can't Wenger at least use a LITTLE of his money...and find something better??

Calm down,mate! :wink:

Think Lehmann has learned his lessons,and will be just OK this year.

I guess Poom is temporary solution,BTW i doubt this story from the start.

Think we`re getting a new keeper next year on new stadium.

Mark

Established Member
Used to be class. Might make decent backup for now. Better than Manuel that's for sure.

qs

Established Member
I wouldnt mind having Poom just to fill in for the first 2 CL games.

However I do doubt this rumour, mainly because WEnger like to loan players out to Premiership teams, when was the last time a player as high up the Arsenal ranks as Hoyte went to a Championship side?

A

Anonymous

qs said:

However I do doubt this rumour, mainly because WEnger like to loan players out to Premiership teams, when was the last time a player as high up the Arsenal ranks as Hoyte went to a Championship side?

Sunderland are in the premiership :shock:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
If its only for 2 games in the Champions League, then I dont see this as being a problem.

Its not as if he is gong to be our Number 1.

qs

Established Member
Highly Fabregas said:
qs said:

Sunderland are in the premiership :shock:

Oh yeah lol, then it could be more true than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom