• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Bodmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=247942&cpid=24&CLID=&lid=3&title=Gunners+spy+on+Bodmer&channel=Premiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership</a>

Don't know anything about him, maybe our friends from France can give us an opinion.

brianfrance

Established Member
Well, few weeks back I thought about making a list of top 10 wenger-like targets from France, but as many of you don't give credit to the french league I didn't. Of course Matthieu Bodmer would have been on the top, alongside Metz' Franck Ribery and Lyon' Mickael Essien !! He's in impressive form, I was at the Lille stadium earlier last month, I saw him again and I can say he's a top player. Very creative central midfielder, also very physical and hard on the man. Totally made for the EPL !
But, there's a big but, Lille are 2nd of the league, still qualified in the UEFA cup, and without Bodmer they can say bye bye to all of that ! Lille won't let him go without a big fee until, at least, the end of the season.
Milan and Juventus are also keen on the boy

Mostarac

Established Member
What about Meite? How has he played this season? Last season, he was great in the UEFA-Cup with Marseille.

malagar

It was interesting to read that we are interested in another Ivory Coast defender , this time from Marseille - does Wenger want to create a Ivory Coast back four ? :mrgreen:

brianfrance

Established Member
Mostarac said:
What about Meite? How has he played this season? Last season, he was great in the UEFA-Cup with Marseille.

I don't think Meite is good enough for us, too much inconsistent

Mark

Established Member
I also think a central midfielder, especially another one for the f*cking future, is the last thing we need right now. An experienced CB and if possible a striker, but our midfield is fine especially with Gilberto returning soon.

n_henry

If we lose Edu (and it looks like we already have), then I think we will need to get another CM.

And while I'm sure this guy could be great in the future (if Arsène's interested, there's something there), I agree with some sentiments here that we need proven players rather than promising youngsters.

Mark

Established Member
Losing Edu would mean we need to get someone eventually, but it's not as urgent a need as a GK or defender. I'd wait till the summer to get Essien personally, but try for Ramos or Kuffour now.

Jinn

Established Member
We'd probably only try for Bodmer if Edu leaves. And we really won't know that for sure till the end of the season, so I think he's more of a target for then.

But as always, we need cover in defence at this moment. Any injury to Campbell or Toure really exposes us, and we just find it so difficult to win. Kuffour would be nice, but the important thing is to have someone experienced.

brianfrance

Established Member
Kaka, before being at milan was unknown...have you seen what he did in his first season...ah, ****, you're all right, let's bring Nesta ! Wouldn't cost too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom