• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t know what it is exactly, but I find him annoying, I can’t pinpoint exactly why, just something about him generally I think...anyone else feel this? :lol:

Has some good attributes though, could be very useful in a midfield three rather than a two.

Our midfield is bad, like really bad though...never mind Vieira-Gilberto, but would even love Diaby-Song back.

mpower2540

I don’t know what it is exactly, but I find him annoying, I can’t pinpoint exactly why, just something about him generally I think...anyone else feel this? :lol:

Has some good attributes though, could be very useful in a midfield three rather than a two.

Our midfield is bad, like really bad though...never mind Vieira-Gilberto, but would even love Diaby-Song back.
I know what you mean. There’s these little things he does that really irk me personally. Whenever the ball is in the air he kind of leans backwards/bends down and doesn’t challenge for it.

the dive yesterday was shocking, his recovery looks like he’s just padding his running stats so he won’t be called up on it, he has no real interest in competing to win the ball back, not that players get called up on anything in this team, and the holding on to the ball then falling down and grabbing it just assuming he’s won a free kick.

He desperately needs some hands on coaching, there’s something there as he was quite progressive and tidy on the ball at times yesterday but I’m not seeing this potential star at all.

Jae

But in that case, Douzi will be on the bench...
It's hard to tell what we need when so many things don't work out for us, and we can only experiment now to see what fits for the next season.
I have fears about Douzi becoming a new Xhaka, player who doesn't fit in any combination but has some individual qualities which make you feel sorry when he is on the bench.
Even WC CM you are talking about will not be able to cover the ground Douzi leaves behind, and even when his position is solid, opposition players literally walk around him without being challenged, like the second goal of De Bruyne yesterday.

Needs to play in a midfield 3 IMO or not at all.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He has talent but his positioning leaves gaps that only a player like Kante alongside him would fill.

It comes down to one thing. He's too young. He's an exceptionally talented ligue 2 player making the step up, with nobody around him to teach him discipline or to cover for his positional dalliance. What other top club would rely so much on such a prospect transfer in the engine room of our team.

Once again, this is the fault of the club.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I know what you mean, it's how he's always diving and over doing it while at the same time not doing anything. He's annoying to watch,

DasBootist

He's a knob, but that's a good thing. We need players that wind opponents up.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Strongly, I hate it when our players dive. What's worse is he does it obviously and often. Should cut it out.

I think he should be out of the first XI for a while, he leaves us too vulnerable defensively. His contribution in possession is also disappointing currently. His status in the squad should be prospect, not key player. Bad for his development too.

Could still be a good player in there, but could also develop into a AMN situation where his main flaw (positioning, or concentration in AMN's case) will undo him.

OSBK

Established Member
2 seasons ago ndidi looked like a prospect but made errors. Now he is one of the best dm in the league. Give doozi a break ffs, kid is learning his trade and in 2 seasons he could be one of the best in europe.

Gunner-Union

2 seasons ago ndidi looked like a prospect but made errors. Now he is one of the best dm in the league. Give doozi a break ffs, kid is learning his trade and in 2 seasons he could be one of the best in europe.

Don’t think he’s a DM more of a box 2 box. He needs better players to learn from and play with

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
He started strongly but seemed to lose discipline as those around him either lost their heads or gave up trying. Think coaching and playing in a more settled and disciplined lineup will bring out the best in him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I just think he's a prototypical DLP and needs to be played in that kind of setup. Looked very good alongside Torreira as a DM with a no.10 ahead of him last season at times.

nick gould

I think Uncle Mikel will be eager to get his paws on Guendouzi. A lot to work on, but a lot to work with.
The kid has a lot going for him. First touch is good, he knows how to open up for the ball, he can pass forward, even in the game against man city he was finding Özil regularly.

Problem now is that no one understands his best position. He can drive forward with the ball but I have never seen him run ahead of our strikers without the ball. He does look like a goal threat at all. Maybe he should be a deep lying playmaker. But that feels like a waste because he is quite mobile. Also defensively he is not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom