• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
☝ We need a guy like Pjanic where Xhaka is. That’s the issue. If Özil could adapt and play deeper in midfield like Silva and Cazorla did at the same age he’d be starting.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Our football is terrible. It's boring. We don't look more defensively solid because of Ozils absence, and we don't have better than him.

I still have high hopes for Ceballos, but let's not pretend he's turned us around creatively. Burnley was a little preview of what Is possible, but the xhaka, Guendouzi torreira situation just looks like it won't fit. I'm not even against Özil leaving at the end of the season, but only if we can find that creativity elsewhere.

I pay for 2 season tickets. I am not enjoying the football despite finding us having a relatively fortunate league position. The midfield with the exception of douzi who I would say is a bit erratic, but full of character, is otherwise just without a clear style.

You cannot tell me we have literally zero use for mesut Özil whilst we are playing such turgid football.

Sadly they are abouts to give you a bunch of bs reasons now :( you are spot on though, personally I think we become better defensively if we could keep the ball better

Divided_Pie

Our football is terrible. It's boring. We don't look more defensively solid because of Ozils absence, and we don't have better than him.

I still have high hopes for Ceballos, but let's not pretend he's turned us around creatively. Burnley was a little preview of what Is possible, but the xhaka, Guendouzi torreira situation just looks like it won't fit. I'm not even against Özil leaving at the end of the season, but only if we can find that creativity elsewhere.

I pay for 2 season tickets. I am not enjoying the football despite finding us having a relatively fortunate league position. The midfield with the exception of douzi who I would say is a bit erratic, but full of character, is otherwise just without a clear style.

You cannot tell me we have literally zero use for mesut Özil whilst we are playing such turgid football.
this

And thinking this way gets you ridiculed and called names in this thread

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He hasn't been much help the last two seasons if we're all about being fair. And before that his form has generally been patchy.
We sold Alexis, no replacement until Pepe.
We sold Cazorla, no replacement.
We sold Giroud, no replacement.
We sold Ramsey, no replacement.

These players were the basis of our interlinking, our wonderful combination play.we discarded all the good players around Özil (I'm taking his name because he's the only one left) and just heap **** on him for our poor play.

He didn't stink the place up, he managed adequately while everyone around him was going to ****.

Our goal yesterday was scored by the two players who probably had the most flair of the whole team.

We're stagnating horribly under Emery, and dropping Özil is not the solution

CJJ

Established Member
Less than a month ago Mertesacker has said Özil is not performing in training, yet it feels like most of the fanbase want him on the bench regardless.

Listen, unless you are a world beater who wrecks up teams left right and center, you have to perform in training to get picked. Its as simple as that.

Unless Özil improves his fitness - he's out, and thats the right decision. Get used to it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Less than a month ago Mertesacker has said Özil is not performing in training, yet it feels like most of the fanbase want him on the bench regardless.

Listen, unless you are a world beater who wrecks up teams left right and center, you have to perform in training to get picked. Its as simple as that.

Unless Özil improves his fitness - he's out, and thats the right decision. Get used to it.
sigh...

Watford, PL: 15th Sept
Forest, LC: 24th Sept

Did he play less than a month ago, and suddenly lose fitness?

This is the mother of all bullshits, and the people who regurgiate and believe this bullshit need to grow some brains.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
sigh...

This is the mother of all bullshits, and the people who regurgiate and believe this bullshit need to grow some brains.
While I don't think it is completely far fetched it does seem Mertesacker hasn't had much time for Mesut since the whole post WC debacle. Wouldn't surprise me if he is just jumping on the bandwagon as per club agenda..
Having said that, I really have no clue what is going on. Just want it over now.

CJJ

Established Member
sigh...

The mother of all bullshits is you pretending like you have any clue what fitness level Özil has.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The mother of all bullshits is you pretending like you have any clue what fitness level Özil has.
Nope but he played less than a month ago, and he is training.

So either Emery/Per is lying now OR they played him while he was unfit before. Either ways, it was working before, so why the sudden change?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

So either Emery/Per is lying now OR they played him while he was unfit before. Either ways, it was working before, so why the sudden change?
You're missing a fair bit of logic if you haven't worked out it is a fishy story. As @krackpot mentions, either Özil was fit and he suddenly isn't anymore or he wasn't fit and a month ago it didn't matter to Emery. Either way, we're not getting all the info here and it's quite clearly an excuse to mask a bigger issue.

CJJ

Established Member

The whole point is that he's performing poorly in training.
Both those games he got subbed off early and the one against Nott Forest was filled with 2nd string players, ofc he has a place when so many are rested.. But that fits fine with the explanation that he doesn't have the legs, and when given the chance against Watford (despite poor training) he flopped.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The whole point is that he's performing poorly in training.
Both those games he got subbed off early and the one against Nott Forest was filled with 2nd string players, ofc he has a place when so many are rested.. But that fits fine with the explanation that he doesn't have the legs, and when given the chance against Watford (despite poor training) he flopped.
He clearly wasn't happy to be subbed. didn't look exhausted in either and actually played well.
The mother of all bullshits is you pretending like you have a clue what is happening in training..

CJJ

Established Member
He clearly wasn't happy to be subbed. didn't look exhausted in either and actually played well.

The mother of all bullshits is you pretending like you have a clue what is happening in training..
You are right. I have no clue what happens in training, so when the gaffer and head of academy says he's not performing in training i guess we gotta take their word for it instead of making up conspiracy theories with the goal of fielding unfit players just to please fans.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The simple fact is none of us know anything about what happens in training. But it’s just as well that none of us need to know either.

We have direct quotes from Mertesacker and a shed load of other ‘reports’ going back years that back him up.

This, if it concerned any other player in the history of AFC, would be more than enough evidence.

That’s it’s being dismissed by the most obvious posters on here should tell you the story.

I’ll tell you something else that sone would find hard to believe – none of us want it to be the case either. To think that the player has taken himself out of the equation by his lack of motivation means we are one highly capable player short, irrespective of his form, on match day.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You are right. I have no clue what happens in training, so when the gaffer and head of academy says he's not performing in training i guess we gotta take their word for it instead of making up conspiracy theories with the goal of fielding unfit players just to please fans.
Bizzare that you admit that you don't actually have a clue but then go on to state that we have some consipiracy to play unfit players. Make up your mind, do you know or don't you. If you haven't noticed, this football fan forum is just the place where we discuss these things.
We don't have to take their word for it. Don't be a sheep

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The simple fact is none of us know anything about what happens in training. But it’s just as well that none of us need to know either.

We have direct quotes from Mertesacker and a shed load of other ‘reports’ going back years that back him up.

This, if it concerned any other player in the history of AFC, would be more than enough evidence.

That’s it’s being dismissed by the most obvious posters on here should tell you the story.
I've neither dismissed it nor claimed it is fact.. Simply playing devil's advocate for everyone who seems to think they know the exact details to this...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You're missing a fair bit of logic if you haven't worked out it is a fishy story. As @krackpot mentions, either Özil was fit and he suddenly isn't anymore or he wasn't fit and a month ago it didn't matter to Emery. Either way, we're not getting all the info here and it's quite clearly an excuse to mask a bigger issue.
Maybe Emery was desperate to get us results, played him, but then decided he’d had enough and banished him. He’s the manager, that’s his call.

If he’s going to be criticised for allegedly playing him when he hadn’t deserved to play, That would be a classic example of dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t. For that reason the theory is rubbish.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Why do people just presume it's Emery who doesn't want to state the real reason behind Özil's situation? As it was pointed out we have a comitee now, and decisions regarding the squad are taken within a group of certain people. It could very well be possible we're keeping it private because a decision was made on executive level not beacuse this is some personal vendetta by Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom