Mesut Özil: Our Number 1Ö

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory The wheel turns Moderator

Old thread had run it's course. He's conquered, etc.

Lets use this one to talk about what he's doing, not what has already been said and done.

I honestly think he's the dominant player in the league at this point, and brings out the best in everyone in our team. Guy has unreal ability to manipulate space on the field for himself and his team-mates, and he just keeps making goals happen for us.

US_Gooner, celestis and James Bond like this.
  2. chessygoal

chessygoal Well-Known Member

I love everything he does, always have, always will.#Justincase
    Now for the serious stuff : he's more and more developping into a Zidane-like playmaker, watching him recently really reminds me of how Zidane used to play for France.

3. Lilwizzle

Lilwizzle Well-Known Member

I mean, credit to Wenger for making the best no.10 in the world even better.

Stoneh and redanddread like this.
  4. Carlo Marx

Carlo Marx Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging Trusted

[​IMG]

5. Sweggeh

Sweggeh Well-Known Member

Well, thats Özil's great form out of the window.

We couldn't just stick to what was working, could we...:(

salvat, pigge, Lady_Gooner and 4 others like this.
  6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I watched a Zidane vid the other day. I was left wondering if he was on a par with the greatest I've seen.

7. The_Roadrunner

The_Roadrunner Burned Out

Easily the best player in the league currently and definitely top 5 in Europe this season.

Sweggeh likes this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

You mean Zidane? You don't think so? Jury vs fabo is some battle I would like to see.

albakos likes this.
  9. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

10. say yes

say yes Respect Me

11. Oh_Snap

so german "kicker" magazine gave away their half-yearly verdict on the german players playing in foreign countries. mesut missed "world class" again, as a reason they list the weak start to the season against west ham as well as the cl defeats against dinamo & olympiakos. (remember we played shorthanded like 50 minutes against zagreb?). he's ranked best of the foreign playing players though.

on the other hand for german players playing in germany, thomas muller is rated wordclass. no word about the defeat at the emirates :lol:.

muller got 18 scorer points out of 17 games, mesut's got 19 out of 19. when mesut had 17 games he had 18 scorer points as well, didn't he?

fun fact: they gave kevin de bruyne "world-class" last year at wolfsburg :lol:.

imho they have a problem with mesut, they almost always rate him lower than statistic-sites like whoscored or squawka.

i'll try to get the whole article tomorrow...

12. Oh_Snap

12/13 Mesut looking pretty good too tbh. Less Assists more Goals, could live with this as well :).

13. say yes

say yes Respect Me

@Oh_Snap Mesut was our best player vs West Ham as well..

celestis likes this.
  14. say yes

say yes Respect Me

15. blaze_of_glory

Pffft... stats, facts, objective measures. You can use those to prove anything that's even remotely true.

16. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Stewart Lee fan?

Makingtrax, dynasty and Carlo Marx like this.
  17. Oh_Snap

Actually forgot that Cech had a ****ty day against West Ham, if he'd have had his **** together that day it'd have been at least 1 Point.

18. blaze_of_glory

Dunno who that is tbh. Was more of a Simpsons paraphrase

19. remains

remains Well-Known Member

I want to see him and Sanchez both playing at the top of their game together.

marc-in and Oh_Snap like this.
  20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Has he got fans?

amirkat likes this.