• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenio Venger

He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth, it's not possible for someone to show loyalty to both Germany and Turkey. The DFB should have told him to cut out on his constant gushing for Turkey nationalism a long time ago.

Really? My parents are Dominican and Venezuelan and I’m born in the United States. You’d be a fool to think you can’t show loyalty to more than one country.

Oh_Snap

The longer it takes the more i admire how he keeps cool and just doesn't talk about anything regarding that. What a pro, what a winner. Basler, Matthäus, Grindel, Bierhoff etc ... they must be fuming so hard while Mesut bangs Ms Turkey in the sun.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Dual citizenship is a problem because of people like you. It's not our fault that you cannot understand how it feels to be connected to two countries. My parents are from Morocco, most of my family still lives there, I visit twice a year. I was born in the Netherlands, have lived there my whole life. I speak both languages fluently, got my degree in Holland, work in Holland, live in Holland. I love Holland and I love Morocco, and I am proud of having both nationalities equally. Its enough for both Morocco and Holland to give me citizenship so what gives you the right to judge the identity of others?
This, people who don't have dual citizenship have no right telling us how we should feel about our countries. This is coming from someone who has triple citizenship.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The fans should organize some manifistation of support for Mesut during our first game at home to show our appreciation!

FEH

Hope Özil comes back fresh and positive. If he comes back feeling sorry for himself and it translates onto the pitch I want Emery to bench him.

No more special treatment for the softies in this team. And no more getting the "flu" every couple of weeks either.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Hope Özil comes back fresh and positive. If he comes back feeling sorry for himself and it translates onto the pitch I want Emery to bench him.

No more special treatment for the softies in this team. And no more getting the "flu" every couple of weeks either.
it's going to be a first real test of Emery's off the pitch management skills, that Wenger was so good at

the fact that Özil has been tweeting about non football stuff since Germany's loss suggests he hasn't gone into hiding

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
it's going to be a first real test of Emery's off the pitch management skills, that Wenger was so good at

the fact that Özil has been tweeting about non football stuff since Germany's loss suggests he hasn't gone into hiding
Debatable that. In the early years yes. Not so much in the latter when he began to molly coddle all the players.
There is a time to protect your players but there is also a time to put some pressure on them and Wenger failed to do that in his last uears at the club.

Don't think Wenger failed to put pressure on his players in latter years. He just didn't and never did in the press.

Sanchez and both Özil his two biggest characters both improved under Wenger imo.

I think people always like to imagine Wenger as soft but I think his man managing skills are rivaled by very few in the business.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery been talking about Özil, wants to work with him in a new way.

All of Özil, Xhaka and Ramsey are pretty bad at one on ones, which is a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom