• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

giphy.gif
:lol:

Goodluck with that, I’m sure you will get a barrage of insults and conspiracy theories instead.

I see the guy has been left out of Europa league squad, you’d think he would take the hint and bounce in January but nope.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Özil is going to be left out of both the Europa Leaue and Premier League squads, the writings on the wall.

Wouldn't it be in both parties interests if we could come to some agreement to mutually terminate his contract?

If Mesut is as career focused and desperate to play games as a lot of his supporters say, the club should offer him £3m or so and say lets cut ties now. I'm sure some Turkish club will offer him a nice signing on fee and decent wages as a free agent. It would be better for both Arsenal and Mesut I feel.

Last edited:

vantoure

I assume you mean Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta?

1. Emery has / had know issues managing big names. Anyway even he went back to Özil for his most important match - the Europa League final. That in itself is evidence of the bullshit stories about Özil's footballing ability or attitude

2. Ljungberg managed what, 5 matches. Don't remember details but Özil certainly played under him until a fallout upon being substituted in one of the games - don't remember. But you're really clutching at straws if you consider Ljungberg's as one of 3 managers here :lol:

3. Arteta - Özil started all matches under him before Covid. Covid came and there was a push for pay cut lead by the manager. Özil, rightly asked for more details before going ahead. Football resumed and he's not been in the team since, even though Arteta himself said training has not been a problem. Make you deductions, what was different pre and post-covid. how has the team performed especially with creativity.

You can make an argument for the formation Arteta has adopted post covid, and I can reason with that as I don't it that particularly suits Özil, but to keep droning about attitude and footballing ability is just stupid unproven agenda.

For your 2nd point, you can ask why the same billionaire fired staff earning less than 30k/annum and on the same day pad 50M for a footballer? None of it makes sense

Now bury your skeleton

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I assume you mean Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta?

1. Emery has / had know issues managing big names. Anyway even he went back to Özil for his most important match - the Europa League final. That in itself is evidence of the bullshit stories about Özil's footballing ability or attitude

2. Ljungberg managed what, 5 matches. Don't remember details but Özil certainly played under him until a fallout upon being substituted in one of the games - don't remember. But you're really clutching at straws if you consider Ljungberg's as one of 3 managers here :lol:

3. Arteta - Özil started all matches under him before Covid. Covid came and there was a push for pay cut lead by the manager. Özil, rightly asked for more details before going ahead. Football resumed and he's not been in the team since, even though Arteta himself said training has not been a problem. Make you deductions, what was different pre and post-covid. how has the team performed especially with creativity.

You can make an argument for the formation Arteta has adopted post covid, and I can reason with that as I don't it that particularly suits Özil, but to keep droning about attitude and footballing ability is just stupid unproven agenda.

For your 2nd point, you can ask why the same billionaire fired staff earning less than 30k/annum and on the same day pad 50M for a footballer? None of it makes sense

Now bury your skeleton

Thanks, yeah I meant Ljungberg as an additional manager who didn't play him. He is not the main argument, his former team-mate and FA Cup winner Arteta is.

I'm not sure what your Emery point proves? The team has needed a creative player for every single one of these managers and still they have dropped Özil and have been desperate enough to play him still.

Your point about Arteta dropping him cannot automatically mean that he is dropped because of not agreeing to wage cuts. Two other players didn't either by Ornstein rumours and he got AMN back to play.

Again, there are very likely many reasons why Özil doesn't play. Saying it is only because wage cut problems is very lazy mentally.

drippin

Forgot to answer this. Because every single big corporation is streamlining their business in these tough times. They kicked Raul too from the top.

Every pound counts. Every UCL/UEL place will give the club millions more, and better players will help it. Better performing club will later be able to give more jobs to more people.

It doesn't make any sense that Kroenke as a business man, because he wants Özil to agree to wage cuts (or force him out, which isn't even possible) would ruin all his millions he uses to Özil and gets zero return for it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That fist bump today must be the shortest false dawn since Emery first dropped him!

Jokes aside, it’s mental. As I’ve said, a more detailed explanation is due at some point. But if it doesn’t come, I can’t say I’m bothered.

I don’t understand how anyone can condone his conduct on social media over the past 6 months and still be ok with him running out onto the pitch for the club. You can’t do both.

drippin

@Jury and @Oxeki put together are good for close to 20% of the posts in this thread (I checked).

Committed.

I gotta hand it to you, that's very committed, even if you compliment yourself.

I'd say even obsessed, just wow! I wonder how much time did it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom