<

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Technically, if Arsenal don't register him for any competition, is he still an Arsenal player? :lol:

Basically just an employee keeping his fitness levels up.

celestis and Rasmi like this.
  2. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

Well he had to get fans from Arsenal and other clubs talking somehow.

Will be fun to see the various ways he trolls over the season I am sure they will be creative. Pretty sure somebody upstairs is fuming right now.

3. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Yes.
    As long as we still pay his wage, he's still an Arsenal player.

4. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

As @Macho already wrote this is side gig for him:
    Robbie from AFTV who knows him well confirmed he will be back when the fans are back. Robbie says the dinosaur thing wasn’t even his actual job.

Robbie also said that the reporters were naughty for dropping that on deadline day trying to make trouble, which I suspected from the get go.

morpho, drippin, Oxeki and 2 others like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Artisan, Trilly, ItWasMeBarry and 9 others like this.
  6. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Has Resources In North London

I understand this. But from the video it's a bit weird that he's the only one who has an orange bib on. I do know they use the orange bib, in American football for example, to show that somebody is coming back from injury and to lessen the amount of contact said individual receives. Do they not do that in European football?

7. vantoure

vantoure Well-Known Member

Well that was certainly usable allowance he would have needed in this covid period. Nothing wrong with the gesture from Özil IMO, except people like to read all his actions negatively

razörist likes this.
  8. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

I get your point, but why is the club so reluctant to give an explanation to why it has come to this?
    I know he did it for PR but I'm not going to blame him for it. If anyone wins from this it is Gunnersaurus.

Keplaz likes this.
  9. vantoure

vantoure Well-Known Member

he wasn't the only one actually. Willian was also on yellow bib and i seemed to notice both of them had free roles

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  10. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Mesut's been told he's one of the two players not going to be registered and he's putting this out there to play to his 'Victim of the club, even though I'm a great guy 'narrative.

I respect charitable people who don't feel the need to tell the world how charitable they are, to be honest.

He's doing this for self gain, in PR at the end of the day. Instead of it being splashed all over the papers he could have easily done it in a behind the scenes and low key way.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

There's only one guy that plays as the magic man in possession.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  12. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Özil is a great guy....of that there is no question. He has done a lot of good for people.

13. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

I would agree with you, but he had been keeping quiet when he was playing regularly

kash2 and Macho like this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

He cant disrupt the team from within so he's trying from home. Nice gesture? No! A nice gesture would have been to send the guy a salary every month without doing it on Insta! He knows he's not wanted, this is his way of having a dig at the club!

Paddy from Sweden and DanDare like this.
  15. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

If we are honest, there is just no way Eddie, Willock, Reiss, etc etc get ahead of him in the team selection unless you just hate the guy.

Really wished he sorted out whatever grief he had with whoever and gave us a good final season but he's become a joke.

16. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

:lol: Of course not. For him to not use Gunnersaurus as an opportunity to further his image. It's like offering money to a homeless person, but announcing it on Twitter first.

17. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

It's quite crazy that there are 'arsenal fans' out there who will genuinely pick Özil over arsenal.

18. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

For weeks now I've been saying don't register Özil. He's being paid not to play anyway, just leave him out completely!

Paddy from Sweden likes this.
  19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Has Resources In North London

Good to know. Thanks.

20. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

He’s a man of the people.

Trilly, krackpot and razörist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.