• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our Mids wouldn't have been able to cope with a fully firing Bayern without having guys like Özil/Alexis.

crazy to even imagine AFC without Özil/Alexis. We're not even a top-half team without these two.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I've been banging on this drum for a while: You don't need the stars to align to get the best out of him!

The guy just needs a regular supply of the ball in the areas he operates in, and the simple way to do that is to have a midfield that works. That's it. No stars aligning just a functional midfield. We got a brilliant season out of him with a Cazorla-Coq midfield behind him. It wasn't a perfect midfield but it was functional.

If the stars do align (Real Madrid days) then what you get is the best playmaker on the planet (let's leave Messi out of it for now).
Actually, even if the stars align along with a functional midfield Özil is still below par. Germany NT is the biggest example of this. They have the likes of Kroos, Khedira, Gundogan, Schweinsteiger(before) etc and yet he struggles to make his mark on the big stage. Hell, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes and Kroos et all bypass the "best playmaker in the world" with their quality passes straight to the runners forwards. There is no need for him to participate when Cbs and midfielders at the back can just do the playmaking.

If Özil was the best playmaker in the world Real Madrid wouldn't get rid of him and he would be at a top club instead of at Arsenal where the fans are divided about his actual influence. Its because he is limited and not good enough for the highest level.

Optimistic

Compelling case was made in favour of the anti-Özil brigade last night, at least in the first half. I still think Özil, at his best, is world class. But more and more I'm convinced we don't have the personnel to accommodate his talents.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Actually, even if the stars align along with a functional midfield Özil is still below par. Germany NT is the biggest example of this. They have the likes of Kroos, Khedira, Gundogan, Schweinsteiger(before) etc and yet he struggles to make his mark on the big stage. Hell, Boateng, Hummels, Howedes and Kroos et all bypass the "best playmaker in the world" with their quality passes straight to the runners forwards. There is no need for him to participate when Cbs and midfielders at the back can just do the playmaking.

If Özil was the best playmaker in the world Real Madrid wouldn't get rid of him and he would be at a top club instead of at Arsenal where the fans are divided about his actual influence. Its because he is limited and not good enough for the highest level.
Reaching absurdist levels now...

Arsenal ace Mesut Özil has scooped the prestigious Germany Footballer of the Year award for the fifth time in his career.

The award is voted for by fans, who collectively determine the man they believe has been the country's finest performing footballer over 12 months.

The 28-year-old claimed 54.5 per cent of the 316,850 votes to win the award, while Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos came in second place with 33.9 per cent.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Reaching absurdist levels now...

Arsenal ace Mesut Özil has scooped the prestigious Germany Footballer of the Year award for the fifth time in his career.

The award is voted for by fans, who collectively determine the man they believe has been the country's finest performing footballer over 12 months.

The 28-year-old claimed 54.5 per cent of the 316,850 votes to win the award, while Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos came in second place with 33.9 per cent.
They're clearly clueless imqho.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ok

Optimistic

I will say that Sanchez had a bit of a ****ter last season and this year he's had his best season in an Arsenal shirt.

Let's not behave like Real Madrid fans and turn on our obviously very talented players as soon as they start under-performing. Özil might need to sit on the bench for a bit but let's not pretend he isn't class.

ARSNLNO1

I will say that Sanchez had a bit of a ****ter last season and this year he's had his best season in an Arsenal shirt.

Let's not behave like Real Madrid fans and turn on our obviously very talented players as soon as they start under-performing. Özil might need to sit on the bench for a bit but let's not pretend he isn't class.

Özil is undoubted class in the right team and with the right players around him. but unless he is surrounded by superstars he is average at best.

He does not suit our game and has always slowed down our play. Last night for 54 min we saw that it was possible to control and dictate the midfield with that formation we played. Which also game more licesne to the wide players to get forward, sadly when Özil plays you sacrifice that control of the midfield.

He is a luxury that we can't afford right now and needs sold in the summer with the money used to strengthen where we need it more.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil is undoubted class in the right team and with the right players around him. but unless he is surrounded by superstars he is average at best.

He does not suit our game and has always slowed down our play. Last night for 54 min we saw that it was possible to control and dictate the midfield with that formation we played. Which also game more licesne to the wide players to get forward, sadly when Özil plays you sacrifice that control of the midfield.

He is a luxury that we can't afford right now and needs sold in the summer with the money used to strengthen where we need it more.
Özil suits our game just fine. what he doesn't suit are mediocre players.

The control and dication you saw was basically down to Bayern keeping a high line, and Ox/Xhaka finding the runs of Theo.

Our system is not even about Özil anymore, if you care to observe. he's not been in our team for three games, and we still lost. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom