• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Hang on, you gave up hope of him posting altogether, because 'it's what he sometimes does even when the team wins and he doesn't play' (not that that's true, but you liked the sound of it). Didn't see you saying he may yet post it... I was the one saying it could still come while you were busy making up bullshit excuses
:rofl:
Nobody actually cares. Go yell at a cloud or something

Preacher

Always Crying
Emery on Özil: "He was ok to play but I decided not to play him. I spoke with him & told him I wanted him to be ready for this match & for the next games with the same spirit as all the players. I had confidence in him & he could have done what we wanted if he had played"

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I remember when I first joined this forum @Jury praised my username believing it was some diss about Özil :lol:
:lol: I’m not even sure if I was taking the piss to be honest! But thinking about it, how else can it really be interpreted? When people associate the word invisible with Özil, it’s normally a slight! Thanks for clearing that up though, albeit about three years late!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery on Özil: "He was ok to play but I decided not to play him. I spoke with him & told him I wanted him to be ready for this match & for the next games with the same spirit as all the players. I had confidence in him & he could have done what we wanted if he had played"
Not sure how to take that. Is he saying he thought he wasn’t quite ready last week? It would explain why he wasn’t on the bench at least. Makes you think something is getting lost when he speaks about Mesuts situation in English.

pikey2000

Not sure how to take that. Is he saying he thought he wasn’t quite ready last week? It would explain why he wasn’t on the bench at least. Makes you think something is getting lost when he speaks about Mesuts situation in English.

I take it as he has told Mesut he needs 100% commitment which he has given but he wasn't right for that match, which he wasn't - no way you get the performance from Özil that we did from Rambo against Chelsea, so you can't question Emery's decision this time.

Thats not necessarily a negative against Özil, its just he didn't offer what we required for that match, despite having reportedly "upped" his efforts in training.

It's not always personal.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
'he was OK to play' could mean 'he was willing to play' - you're right about the language problem though - it does tend to muddy the waters

for all we know Emery and Özil may have discussed his future quite calmly and there may well be no animosity on either side

but of course a falling-out makes a much better story

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
'he was OK to play' could mean 'he was willing to play' - you're right about the language problem though - it does tend to muddy the waters

for all we know Emery and Özil may have discussed his future quite calmly and there may well be no animosity on either side

but of course a falling-out makes a much better story

There is enough evidence to believe that they have differences. Hopefully they will be able to get around them

Preacher

Always Crying
1193.jpg

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom