• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
One more thing:

If we don't achieve CL qualification this season, and Emery has not played Özil due to any reason other than being injured, it will be difficult for him to stay at the Club. How can you justify losing out on qualification, just because you couldn't handle one of our only true CL quality players?

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Pep dropped Aguero and got him to change his game. I find it odd that Emery can't get anything out of Özil even to justify a sub appearance. If Özil is resisting change,throw him under the bus or play him and make it clear he's ignoring orders. Why the cover up?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Drink it in

ifQNDIR.gif

Once Özil is gone it will be the first time an Arsenal squad doesn’t have a player I find aesthetically pleasing to watch since I started wathing football.. Hopefully we’ll buy some ballers this summer.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

ifQNDIR.gif

Once Özil is gone it will be the first time an Arsenal squad doesn’t have a player I find aesthetically pleasing to watch since I started wathing football.. Hopefully we’ll buy some ballers this summer.

I know would be the first time in 22 years, actually longer because Merse was a baller as well . Sure we'll get some ace fullbacks .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A player must feel like a giant reading stuff like this. Can only imagine how Özil is feeling with the new corporate regime.

“If you’re not excited about watching Özil, you don’t love football” Arsène Wenger

Always your heart rate goes down when Özil gets the ball” Arsène Wenger
650.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Some apt comments from arseblog:
arseblog said:
I don’t think I’ve ever known a footballer to have that kind of following before. I genuinely think there are people who support Özil more than they support Arsenal. And look, we all have our favourite players, but this is certainly a new, somewhat disquieting, phenomenon. It’s almost like the people who are fans of Beyonce or Taylor Swift who, at anything they consider critical of their Queens, mobilise and round on those who are expressing that opinion. That’s what it’s like with Özil. If you say “I don’t think Özil played well today” you get stuff like “Well, you just hate him”, which is quite the leap. It’s a simple example, but it happens all the time, and I’ll tell you who knows this better than anyone – apart from the people who bear the brunt of those fans – it’s Mesut Özil and his social media team.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

One more thing:

If we don't achieve CL qualification this season, and Emery has not played Özil due to any reason other than being injured, it will be difficult for him to stay at the Club. How can you justify losing out on qualification, just because you couldn't handle one of our only true CL quality players?
He isnt the one making the decision.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Drink it in

Superb.

He’s so good. Honestly, I could watch a KDB compilation right now and I know for a fact some of the passes Özil saw in that vid, KDB wouldn’t have been able to.

A few things strike me about that vid though;

-I’m really happy Walcott no longer plays for us.
-Özil actually assisted a FLAMINI goal.
-He seemed to have a decent understanding with Joel Campbell.
-Stating the obvious but Bellerin’s injury is killing us in an attacking and defensive sense.
-Iwobi in the final third is basically useless.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's got to be given the chance to play himself in or out of the team. Mkhitaryn has returned straight from injury into a starting position. This is a clear sign that Emery and/or the board are trying to freeze Özil out. The way things are going, we will lose him for a minimal fee (10 million or so).

progman07

Established Member
He isnt the one making the decision.
If Emery is told not to play Özil, against his will, and he obeys then what kind of manager he is.

I still cannot understand what good does freezing Özil out of Arsenal does for the Club long-term. What does that say about the values of Arsenal, or the level we want to reach? How does that help us bring the biggest talent to us? What kind of message is that for our players?
What players will we bring in to replace Özil, and how much will that cost? We need to replace Ramsey and Özil, two players who were actually alright in the squad.

Next year we will have no CL quality attackers apart from Auba-Laca. Will we bring in 3 attackers to the first team? I cannot imagine that happen. So we will be worse from the start of next season in attack, than we were at the start of this season.

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
He's got to be given the chance to play himself in or out of the team. Mkhitaryn has returned straight from injury into a starting position. This is a clear sign that Emery and/or the board are trying to freeze Özil out. The way things are going, we will lose him for a minimal fee (10 million or so).
Mkhitaryan had a game with reserves before he came back to the main team. I already suggested to do the same with Özil.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Emery is told not to play Özil, against his will, and he obeys then what kind of manager he is.

I still cannot understand what good does freezing Özil out of Arsenal does for the Club long-term. What does that say about the values of Arsenal, or the level we want to reach? How does that help us bring the biggest talent to us? What kind of message is that for our players?
What players will we bring in to replace Özil, and how much will that cost? We need to replace Ramsey and Özil, two players who were actually alright in the squad.

Next year we will have no CL quality attackers apart from Auba-Laca. Will we bring in 3 attackers to the first team? I cannot imagine that happen. So we will be worse from the start of next season in attack, than we were at the start of this season.
If we leave Özil in place with Auba and Laca, there’s ample quality up front. Iwobi and Mkhi may be a step down but for a team spending 5th that’s not a bad attacking line up, particularly if Welbeck’s back sometime and we give him a one year contract, say. The midfield is coming on with Guendouzi proving a real find.

We need to be spending what money we have in defence. Any fool can see that. Replacing Özil is a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom