• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Realeasing him on free would cost almost as much as our entire transfer budget.

Nobody can buy him and afford his wages. Nobody even wants that.

If we make Özil available for 20 million and offer to subsidize 1/3 of his wages I am sure we can find clubs interested in him. Özil is after all still a big name in the sport. It wouldn't be the big clubs interested in him though, probably some club in Italy or Turkey. Question is would he want to go there?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

'Low'. Do me a favour.... I've not accused you of fiddling kids. This is about football. Get a grip, you massive hypocrite. You love chucking it with your sly digs--as you did here initially, when I was quoting Trax-- but you also love crying foul more than anyone on here whenever it's given back. I'll let your tiresome 'brexit' jibe slide as well, whatever the christ that's meant to imply... I hope I've taught you a lesson.
That's what you get when you argue the man instead of the point, like you like to do. I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. There is no reason to attack loyalty to a club, this is my club just as much as anyone's. You started it with:
There’ll be nothing his Instagram and twitter Arsenal ‘fans’ can do about it.

And then again with:
Wtf would some Ajax supporting bloke who lives in Holland possibly know about being an Arsenal fan? :lol: You couldnt get any more removed. It’s why the views of many on here are so skewed and warped. Plastic Chelsea and City fans have more credibility.

You are so arrogant with your 'superior' views and zero respect for anyone else's views that don't match yours and now you dropped down another level. You may say you haven't accused me of fidling kids (don't know why you went there, perhaps a topic for another day) but in football terms this is just as bad. And you can't even find the basic human decency to apologise.

Jae

Just popped in for a quick look, I've got to say this thread is comedy GOLD as usual :lol:

Just wanted to say it looks like we're going to be stuck with him at least another season. Özil hasn't indicated that he wants out and nobody has shown the slightest bit of interest in him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And you can't even find the basic human decency to apologise.
article-0-1AEFDBC100000578-560_634x511.jpg

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Great battle of wits we're seeing here.

I always got the impression @razörist warped his whole AM persona around supporting Özil rather than Arsenal while @Jury once defined himself by spreading prophecies about Joel Campbell but then switched to anti Özil sentiments where he finally found redemption.

Like they say in boxing, styles make fights and this one is a classic.

Last edited:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Great battle of wits we're seeing here.

I always got the impression @razörist warped his whole AM persona around supporting Özil rather than Arsenal while @Jury once defined himself by spreading prophecies about Joel Campbell but then switched to anti Özil sentiments where he finally found redemption.

Like they say in boxing, styles make fights and this one is a classic.

bit of a false equivalence there... its just one guy making personal attacks.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's what you get when you argue the man instead of the point, like you like to do. I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. There is no reason to attack loyalty to a club, this is my club just as much as anyone's. You started it with:

And then again with:

You are so arrogant with your 'superior' views and zero respect for anyone else's views that don't match yours and now you dropped down another level. You may say you haven't accused me of fidling kids (don't know why you went there, perhaps a topic for another day) but in football terms this is just as bad. And you can't even find the basic human decency to apologise.
Believe me, you’re the last person I’d apologise to on here. Besides, as ever, you initiated it, and here you are crying again, only begging for an apology this time.

My opinion is very simple and there is no ‘point’ being ignored here. You can cry about it or you can move on. There will be no apologies.

razörist

Believe me, you’re the last person I’d apologise to on here. Besides, as ever, you initiated it, and here you are crying again, only begging for an apology this time.

My opinion is very simple and there is no ‘point’ being ignored here. You can cry about it or you can move on. There will be no apologies.
I am not begging for an apology, it would do nothing for me. It only shows your weakness that you can’t say it. You can’t get out from under that mountain of fear and doubt, always have to be stubborn and it’s always someone else’s fault. I’m an Arsenal fan just like anyone else, if I love Özil or not doesn’t change that. I joined up here because I was over the moon when he signed for us. Because he’s a great player? Yes. But also because I thought it signalled a change for us, better things to come. I wanted a place to share my happiness, my joy that after years of hardship, Arsenal football club signed a player of the calibre Mesut - Özil.

Even if we sign Mbappe today, Mesut will always be that signing for me that ushered in a new era. Has it been all good? Hell no. But I haven’t been happy like that in a long time. I’m a romantic at heart, sorry, those feelings are tough to forget.

razörist

Also fun fact, I had some tough talks with my boss at the start of the year. He found it hard to motivate me to do more. I’m at a place in my life where I have to get significantly more money to motivate me, unrealistic amounts. And after a while he came back to me with the idea that he would pay for and go with me on a 3-4 day trip all expenses paid to watch two Arsenal matches at the end of this year if I hit my target. Flights, hotel, matches, food, all of it.

I could have made more money taking another offer but this one, this offer hit the right note with me. The idea alone that he wanted to do this with me made me happy. And since then, I’ve sold as much as I did in the whole of last year, in 6 months! I passed it today actually and he came to me and said that trip to Arsenal in the winter was the best idea he ever had. :D

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I am not begging for an apology, it would do nothing for me. It only shows your weakness that you can’t say it. You can’t get out from under that mountain of fear and doubt, always have to be stubborn and it’s always someone else’s fault. I’m an Arsenal fan just like anyone else, if I love Özil or not doesn’t change that. I joined up here because I was over the moon when he signed for us. Because he’s a great player? Yes. But also because I thought it signalled a change for us, better things to come. I wanted a place to share my happiness, my joy that after years of hardship, Arsenal football club signed a player of the calibre Mesut - Özil.

Even if we sign Mbappe today, Mesut will always be that signing for me that ushered in a new era. Has it been all good? Hell no. But I haven’t been happy like that in a long time. I’m a romantic at heart, sorry, those feelings are tough to forget.

Mod edit :

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His reputation will take a bit of a hammering if he sees out these next two years as a bit part player. From arriving as a huge name to the majority of the fan base wanting him out for 3 years.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His reputation will take a bit of a hammering if he sees out these next two years as a bit part player. From arriving as a huge name to the majority of the fan base wanting him out for 3 years.
That's what I mean. How can he be comfortable with that? How can anyone who claims to be a fan of the player, never mind the club, be comfortable with that?

They're counting on Emery being sacked at the end of the season and the new manager coming in and declaring his undying love for a player who's 31 years old and plays in ONE position that has been been phased out at every club in Europe.

None of it makes sense. Time for honesty.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That's what I mean. How can he be comfortable with that? How can anyone who claims to be a fan of the player, never mind the club, be comfortable with that?

They're counting on Emery being sacked at the end of the season and the new manager coming in and declaring his undying love for a player who's 31 years old and plays in ONE position that has been been phased out at every club in Europe.

None of it makes sense. Time for honesty.
Not just that, even if Emery goes during or after this season, Özil will have 1 year left. No way in hell the club give him a new deal anywhere near his wages. Whether the manager changes or not, Özil is gone for good in 2 years.

It’s up to him whether he wants to go now and have some decency or go in 2 years and be as disliked here as he is back in Germany.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not just that, even if Emery goes during or after this season, Özil will have 1 year left. No way in hell the club give him a new deal anywhere near his wages. Whether the manager changes or not, Özil is gone for good in 2 years.

It’s up to him whether he wants to go now and have some decency or go in 2 years and be as disliked here as he is back in Germany.
It's a horrible situation for a player of his stature to be in.

His team, and Özil, played a blinder by using the Alexis situation as leverage, but it had to be followed with performances. Wenger leaving was a blow, but he knew that was happening.

I think he sees himself as a bit of a martyr these days. Swinging off Erdogans balls is consistent with that. Invite the criticism, then use it to deflect and avoid responsibility. @Harz reckons he's chasing a career in a political role. It's hard not to disagree.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do you guys want him to do? Join a club he doesn’t want? Go to a country he doesn’t want? Take a pay cut that’ll hit him with a 5M plus loss?

He’s at the end of his career. He’ll see out his two years here and go to Turkey or America or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom