• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I haven't seen any other player so uninterested in scoring. 9/10 times Özil is caressing the ball in front of goal instead of smashing it.
It's like he's afraid he'll hurt the poor thing, ffs.
Aside from that, he had the odd good game and it would be nice if that form continues.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Outstanding today really, think having a central midfielder behind him that he trusted to find him between the lines, took the pressure of him and that lead to him playing very well...flashbacks to 2015 today, with prime Santi and Mesut :drool:

Will miss him when he leaves in 18 months...he does almost make you pull your hair out in frustration sometimes, but he is such a quality player, a pleasure to watch at my club.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
cover2.jpg

remains

This is the performance you want to see every game from Özil. He’s capable of moments of absolute magic, but on the flip side, entire games can pass him by when he’s not in the mood.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Type of performance I am already looking forward to seeing next year, beautiful.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He’s so effective when he’s actually playing well. You have that faith that every touch he gets will lead to something good.

First touch so reliable as is the decision making and pass execution.
Incredible aint it? A player is useful when he plays well... If he found a way to be 80% of the player he can be just 30% of the time, I don't think there's a problem.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Incredible aint it? A player is useful when he plays well... If he found a way to be 80% of the player he can be just 30% of the time, I don't think there's a problem.
Honestly. I’d be happy with this kind of performance every other game — you’re right maybe even one in three games with the occasional worldie sprinkled in.

Games like today should be like having a kickabout for a player of his talent. Today it was but we’ve seen the other side of the coin inexplicably often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom