• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I meant I am not solely blaming Wenger for the decline. I am blaming the recruitment around him, i.e Ivan and Sven and that StatDNA rubbish.

And I am backing up the fact Raul wasn't a key piece at all in that recruitment until last summer.

I’ll go to the grave defending Sven, actually think in the very short time he was here he did well in the transfer market.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’ll go to the grave defending Sven, actually think in the very short time he was here he did well in the transfer market.

What do I know anyway? I watch football now and then and then I go on to a football forum with a bunch of losers and pretend I know what I am on about.

Funny when I/others call someone sh*t then I am like they get paid thousands to scout players and bring them in yet somehow i know better since I base my players of fifa ratings.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka, Mustafi and Elneny were statDNA and Gazidis signings. Lacazette also forced on Wenger.

The damage was done but not by Wenger. It was done by the others that run the club. Gazidis and Kroenke. New managers. Same old problems.
What sort of bollocks is this?

So the bad signings were statDNA but the good signings were due to Wenger? :lol:

Wenger is just as culpable as Ivan. He gave the all-clear, at least for some of those signings.

I don't get this new narrative that signings were forced on Wenger

What sort of bollocks is this?

So the bad signings were statDNA but the good signings were due to Wenger? :lol:

Wenger is just as culpable as Ivan. He gave the all-clear, at least for some of those signings.

I don't get this new narrative that signings were forced on Wenger

Wenger signed good players when he had control. But when statDNA and Gazidis started forcing Elneny, Mustafi, Lacazette on Wenger all went downhill. Gazidis failed massively. But I'm not surprised you defend Gazidis.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wenger signed good players when he had control. But when statDNA and Gazidis started forcing Elneny, Mustafi, Lacazette on Wenger all went downhill. Gazidis failed massively. But I'm not surprised you defend Gazidis.
Most of those signings were not forced on Wenger. Even before the 2016 Euros Wenger was already gushing about Xhaka.

Wenger could just as easily as vetoed those signings but he didn't.

Most of those signings were not forced on Wenger. Even before the 2016 Euros Wenger was already gushing about Xhaka.

Wenger could just as easily as vetoed those signings but he didn't.

Wenger wanted Kante, he wanted Manolas, he didn't want Lacazette. Gazidis was forcing trash on him but Wenger tried to make it work.

I'm not defending Ivan. He is part of the reason we're in this state.

But Wenger is also culpable, although to a lesser extent.

Its obvious by now that Wenger was not the problem. He is gone and we see same problems but the situation is even worse suggesting that Wenger was doing well even if his hand were tied behind his back by your favorite Raul and Gazidis.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What do I know anyway? I watch football now and then and then I go on to a football forum with a bunch of losers and pretend I know what I am on about.

Funny when I/others call someone sh*t then I am like they get paid thousands to scout players and bring them in yet somehow i know better since I base my players of fifa ratings.

Tbf I wouldn’t sell yourself short mate (no pun intended).

I’d genuinely value your views on a player more than someone like John Cross or Henry Winter who are “professionals” paid for their opinions on football.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I wouldn’t sell yourself short mate (no pun intended).

I’d genuinely value your views on a player more than someone like John Cross or Henry Winter who are “professionals” paid for their opinions on football.

Thanks mate, means a lot.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wenger wanted Kante, he wanted Manolas, he didn't want Lacazette. Gazidis was forcing trash on him but Wenger tried to make it work.
We don't really know if Manolas was really our first choice CB target. The poplar consensus is that our board was penny-pinching, but Xhaka was more expensive than Kante.

Which tells you that Wenger's interest in Kante wasn't really serious

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Its obvious by now that Wenger was not the problem. He is gone and we see same problems but the situation is even worse suggesting that Wenger was doing well even if his hand were tied behind his back by your favorite Raul and Gazidis.
That's a very simplistic view.

Some of the mess Wenger left behind is still stinking up the place. I will take time to sort out those mess

We don't really know if Manolas was really our first choice CB target. The poplar consensus is that our board was penny-pinching, but Xhaka was more expensive than Kante.

Gazidis forcing Xhaka on Wenger for more money than Kanté went for. Says it all. Don't understand how people can defend that!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Wenger vetoed against Kante, didnt he? because of a shady agent. And thats fair, admire him for sticking to his values. But its not very smart now issit

That's a very simplistic view.

Some of the mess Wenger left behind is still stinking up the place. I will take time to sort out those mess

Wenger kept things together. The mess was by others. We see now after Wenger is gone that the situation is a lot worse!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Gazidis forcing Xhaka on Wenger for more money than Kanté went for. Says it all. Don't understand how people can defend that!
Ivan didn't force Kante on Wenger :facepalm:

Wenger opted for Xhaka because he felt he needed Xhaka more.

It's hard to take you seriously when you're mentioning another bum like Manolas as an alternative to Mustafi :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wenger kept things together. The mess was by others. We see now after Wenger is gone that the situation is a lot worse!
Wenger was part of the decline. If you don't see that, then there's no point in our convo

Ivan didn't force Kante on Wenger :facepalm:

Wenger opted for Xhaka because he felt he needed Xhaka more.

It's hard to take you seriously when you're mentioning another bum like Manolas as an alternative to Mustafi :lol:

Yeah I should be more like you championing players like Mustafi , Lacazette and Elneny. Players Gazidis forced on Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom