• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’re not saying the same thing though, you’re trying to discredit Giroud whilst blaming the club for Özil not being as good as he can be, whatever that means.

I know out of the two who Id rather have a space for in our squad, the fact that he’s doing well for Chelsea only proves my point friend.
@blaze_of_glory

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
People in Germany have called Özil an "ID Card German", "Turkish pig" and told him to "piss off to Anatolia" but according to A-M that's not racist.

Racism in any form is of course abhorrent and we should all work together to eradicate. It comes in many guises and levels. Even during the Covid lockdown a narrative has been spreading in the UK that people from certain communities were not observing social distancing.

“Id card German/plastic German” > this comment was made by the NPD, an ultra nationalist extreme right wing group who have a history of disgraceful attacks on players representing the national side who do not “originate” from Germany

“Turkish pig” > Özil said German fan said this to him after a poor result. I have no reason to doubt Özil as you could easily imagine a tiny knuckle-dragging minority of English fans making a similar statement to one of our black players

“piss off to Anatolia” > this was made by Werner Steer, head of German theatre, in response to the Erdogan incident. I believe his views are predominantly left-wing

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Let's be honest Wenger was right, he shouldn't have been given a new contract. Özil don't give a crap about playing football let alone playing for arsenal.

Football has changed and he doesn't have it in him to adapt. No desire or motivation. He's been an okay servant for arsenal, but below the likes of Sanchez, cazrola, giroud, Ramsey. Despite being more talented then a lot of them (yea even Santi).

We just have to accept he'll he collecting his pay check for the next year. Unless some else is stupid enough to give him £350k a week.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
he will always be remembered as the guy who rid the club of cancer chancer emery.

the line "Wallah you are not a coach" will be told in legend.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Racism in any form is of course abhorrent and we should all work together to eradicate. It comes in many guises and levels. Even during the Covid lockdown a narrative has been spreading in the UK that people from certain communities were not observing social distancing.

“Id card German/plastic German” > this comment was made by the NPD, an ultra nationalist extreme right wing group who have a history of disgraceful attacks on players representing the national side who do not “originate” from Germany

“Turkish pig” > Özil said German fan said this to him after a poor result. I have no reason to doubt Özil as you could easily imagine a tiny knuckle-dragging minority of English fans making a similar statement to one of our black players

“piss off to Anatolia” > this was made by Werner Steer, head of German theatre, in response to the Erdogan incident. I believe his views are predominantly left-wing
And your point is what exactly?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
every big buy has some flaws.
Auba cant hold up and link play.
Laca doesnt have speed.
Xhaka doesnt have quick feet
Pepe is still raw and drifts in and out of games.
Mustafi has brain farts.
Santi was too small
Toreira is too small
Giroud had no speed
Arteta didnt have physicality
Mert couldnt run
Sokratis cant pass

this is why we are able to buy them. We werent able to buy Suarez. We werent able to buy Vardy.

We are 4-6th choice for player looking to move in the PL.

Özil has flaws. Thats a given. How Wenger managed to fit him in the same team as Santi will be the stuff of management case studies.

Lets not hold Özil to an imaginary standard of "how good he should have been". You need to be able to use such players. Arteta has shown he can use them. He was using Özil pretty well before the shutdown. Then something "non-football" related happened. The management probably got stuck in and tried to renegotiate a contract/pay cut already signed and again damaged the situation which was healing.

Now there are vultures who always look to pounce. They have torn the club apart for years. I just request them to please stop.

Wenger has gone. Please stop this search for new targets and new enemies within the fanbase whom you can insult and label as "fanboys"

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Werner Steer's views are predominantly left-wing, so it's ok he's a racist.

The original post said “people in Germany” I was tying to go into the exact context behind each individual incident. I couldn’t have been any more explicitly clear in stating that I believe that all forms of racism are abhorrent.

Stay classy and get those likes brother.

Have a blessed Sunday x.

roz

Fake News Merchant
AM when Özil leaves & this thread gets locked.
giphy.gif

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
every big buy has some flaws.
Auba cant hold up and link play.
Laca doesnt have speed.
Mustafi has brain farts.
Santi was too small
Toreira is too small
Giroud had no speed
Mert couldnt run
Sokratis cant pass

this is why we are able to buy them. We werent able to buy Suarez. We werent able to buy Vardy.

We are 4-6th choice for player looking to move in the PL.

Özil has flaws. Thats a given. How Wenger managed to fit him in the same team as Santi will be the stuff of management case studies.

Lets not hold Özil to an imaginary standard of "how good he should have been". You need to be able to use such players. Arteta has shown he can use them. He was using Özil pretty well before the shutdown. Then something "non-football" related happened. The management probably got stuck in and tried to renegotiate a contract/pay cut already signed and again damaged the situation which was healing.

Now there are vultures who always look to pounce. They have torn the club apart for years. I just request them to please stop.

Wenger has gone. Please stop this search for new targets and new enemies within the fanbase whom you can insult and label as "fanboys"
So you agree he has these huge flaws in his game.
We are judging him based on what he is, a fair judgement on his strengths and weaknesses.
His fanboys are judging him on how he would be, and how he should be.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
[Auba cant hold up and link play.
Laca doesnt have speed.
Mustafi has brain farts.
Santi was too small
Toreira is too small
Giroud had no speed
Mert couldnt run
Sokratis cant pass
Wow! The excuses are ramping up.

"Santi too small"

Couldn't make this **** up :lol: :rofl:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people tagging me for? I’m trying to avoid this thread.

We are watching the birth of a new Arsenal, Özil however you look at it is in the past now.

Quite telling the same group of guys camp out in here continuously, even when we’re playing well and winning. Posting lies, denying racism now etc.

musoke

People in Germany have called Özil an "ID Card German", "Turkish pig" and told him to "piss off to Anatolia" but according to A-M that's not racist.
Özil had railed up the majority of the German public by taking selfies with sneaky dictator Erdogan. You are always gonna get some far right nutters that always take advantage of the situation.
It’s like the BLM protests. You have some peaceful protestors but then you get these opportunists (Rioters, looters, anarchists etc) who just muddy the whole thing.
But sneakly the Özil followers saw an opportunity to conflate the Far Right Racists racism with the genuine sense of disregard Özil had shown to the hands that fed him. So you all just labelled everyone in Germany a racist. It’s called throwing red herrings or deflecting. Smh

I am an African guy (East African) and have travelled across the West. Lived in the US for 2 years between 2009-11. Been to Eastern Europe etc. So i have seen things.
The US is much more behind on race issues compared to Western Europe. In my opinion Liberal Europeans have bent over backwards to be as accommodating to us newcomers and minority groups as possible. They keep fighting for all kinds of equality etc. They are not perfect as we all aren’t. But to buy into Özil’s propaganda that the whole German population, Football association and German football team are all racist nazis is funny. All because Özil stepped into sh!t and refused to rectify it or take responsibility for himself. Smh

What gets to me is the Özil fans that never see anything wrong with whatever he does. Posing with Erdogan was too egotistical and prideful from him. He refused to acknowledge that the German public was hurt by that. The country that gave him and his family refuge. But stuck a middle finger at them once you made it.
Gundogan acknowledged his actions had caused a sense of betrayal and hurt to the German public, he came out straight away to defuse the whole situation.
But like always, Özil is the “Never wrong. Never apologise don”. He just continued his social media propaganda playing victim as always. And you his avid loyal followers just find ways to justify and rationalise his actions. There is always a but with you guys. Özil was in the wrong and railed up emotions in Germany. Went even farther by rubbing it in more on his wedding. Making Erdogan his Best-Man.
It’s always “Me Me and only Me” with Özil. Imagine.

The way he acted with Emery and Ljungberg. No respect whatsoever for anyone apart from himself. But as always, he played the victim and you guys ate it up.

During the lockdown the squad was asked to take a small temporary cut on their wages. As always Özil’s ego was too big. Refused and doubles down. Then as always turned to his social media propaganda and to play victim.

Instead of trying to be a bit nuanced he just doubles down no matter what situation. He just seems to not be a team player. It’s all about my way or no way.

He is a very divisive figure wherever he goes.
Özil has such a massive ego and i think it’s all because of you his followers. You just worship, praise and dot on him too much. You have absolutely convinced him that he is always right and it’s always someone else’s faut for his own shortcomings. You have massaged his Ego for so long that he has absolutely bought into his own hype.
He always right no matter what and always the victim.

musoke

I knew I wasn’t going nuts... They tried to gaslight the **** out of me... Cruel, mental torture I had to endure. Weaker men would have crumbled and hopped back on to Mesut’s balls for the easy ride, but I had to make a stand. This thread is now my refuge shelter thanks to posters like you—the safest place on the forum for me. Our Özil thread. Our playground :drool:
I can remember back in the 2014-15’s you starting to criticise Özil for his lukewarm performances. It was not a very popular stance to take back then. But you stuck to your guns and most people are now just accepting and projecting the same criticisms you and others have been leveling at Özil for years now.
I just think people were still in this honeymoon period. Their judgement was clouded by Superstar from Madrid (Özil). “We bought Özil, we got Özil, we have Özil”.

It’s like a brand new relationship. You bag a pretty girl that you perving or and never thought you could pull off. So now you are in this daze where you can’t believe your luck. All the red flags about her personality/ attitude you ignore. Your family and friends tell you about the red flags but you are so blinded you don’t wanna know.

Then a year later the lust starts to clear and you start acknowledging / noticing the same concerns that you were being warned of by your close circle.

I think that is what it with Özil now with most fans.

musoke

The same Giroud doing pretty well for Chelsea?
The same giroud that was very instrumental to France winning the World cup. Was Özil as integral to Germany winning their world cup?
Compare the two for their world cup wins. Who was more influential for their team.

And between Giroud and Özil in our first FA cup win in 2014. Who was more involved in that final?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The same giroud that was very instrumental to France winning the World cup. Was Özil as integral to Germany winning their world cup?
Compare the two for their world cup wins. Who was more influential for their team.

And between Giroud and Özil in our first FA cup win in 2014. Who was more involved in that final?

Instrumental with his 0 goals, 0 shots on target and 1 assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom