• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This discussion is about Özil vs the club, so why won't I bring up Özil?
If Özil fans are running around calling Arsenal hypocrites for not standing up for the Uyghur people in China then Özil is an hypocrite for being chummy with Erdogan.

You should know by now that everything that has come out of Özil (or his agents) mouth in the past year is all PR büllshít.

Why people are painting Arsenal as the monster and Özil as damsel in need of saving is beyond me.

By the way, I didn't mean to have a go at you, just trying to point out how disingenuous it is to paint Arsenal as the evil corporation that turns it's eye at bad things happening in the world, while Özil is seeing as the damsel in distress

Yes but I’m not bringing up Özil? You’re literally answering my point that the club is hypocritical with “Özil loves Erdogan” it just sails past false equivalence and keeps on going.

You’re allowed to criticise the club without it being full support of Özil. He makes a good point that once Arsenal starts getting involved in one political cause why have they got any business scrambling to distance themselves from him?

If you’re going to speak up on one issue you can’t complain when he speaks up on another one, you can’t turn your conscience on and off like a tap when it suits. Same goes for both of them.

sykesy69

You keep using “ the Club “ ! Can we all accept it’s just a bunch of people like you are me paid and given the privilege to make decisions in the name of every Arsenal fan ! Are they now beyond reproach ? They are employees like Özil too with stated objectives to deliver. Until “ the club “ and Arteta come out clean to provide full visibility on the issues raised why should they be given benefit of the doubt ! This is simple objectivity ! The divisive part is the club completely silent and leaving the fans to guess or base analysis on tabloid gossip to understand their position.

Don’t get this twisted. You are an Arsenal fan. You have the right to put the club first and suck up to keep the herd happy as a show of loyalty. Özil is an employee and paid to play for Arsenal. The last time he was renewed on those wages he had no gun on the club’s head. Today Auba is getting a raise and I hope this does not come to haunt him in the near future. Being the best paid player at a club does not make any player the reason for the current situation at Arsenal. If Özil has been **** for the past 2 years , then it is same with every other player. It’s a team game. 3 managers and counting , disastrous decisions at board level etc. As fans we must remain objective. An FA cup win has got some of us blind again.
Not sure if you know how businesses or big corporations work, but they rarely reveal the inner workings of themselves to the masses, so why would you expect that of the club you support?

These individuals are not making decisions for the fans of the club, they are making them for the club owners. You as an individual can decide if you still want to be a fan of the club, condemn it or continue to support it, whatever. I didn't say I was in support or against how they've treated Özil or how they're conducting themselves.

Yes you're right I am an Arsenal fan, with a right to any opinion I wish. I don't really care if Özil stays or goes, he signed a contract and is entitled to honour it. But if I see what I think are flaws in some of the arguments he's speaking about, then am I not allowed to speak on them without being said I'm following a "herd", just because it isn't your herd I'm walking with?

In any profession or walk of life, if you ain't justifying what you're earning, you're going to come into criticism for it standard.

sykesy69

Then why do our players wear rainbow laces, take a knee for BLM + put it on our jerseys and wear black armbands?

We support social justice when its convenient for us.
You're right, it's a tough one...

But I'm sure the Rainbow, BLM and black armbands things are usually a universal League decision to support, not a singular club stance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Then why do our players wear rainbow laces, take a knee for BLM + put it on our jerseys and wear black armbands?

We support social justice when its convenient for us.

Exactly this. It’s the point that no one can answer without admitting the club is wilfully hypocritical.

It’s like Boris Johnson pretending to care about football and pressuring the PL to reconsider the Newcastle sale to appease our Saudi paymasters.

Where was that same energy when absolute scumbags were allowed to buy Wigan, Bury or Bolton by the EFL?

Governments and corporations values change with whichever way the wind blows.

sykesy69

We all agree he seems to be on the button with the pay thing?

I’ll defend any player in this situation, this is not an Özil thing for me. There were hundreds of players before Özil who we liked/defended and there will be hundreds after Özil goes.

When you call someone a fan boy it’s a cheap insult and a diversion really. Btw, nobody again is telling me about his “toxic behaviour”. I have been asking for weeks now.
Fundamentally he may have been right, but if the rest of my boys are taking a cut (especially those on the much lower wage scale), then my thought process is all for one, one for all in a team dynamic like that.

It's a mutual respect I think. As much as you wouldn't want it to affect your relationship with teammates, I'm pretty sure those that took the paycut would've been looking at him a little differently.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can’t stand him but i think I’d be on his side in this one. Can’t stand all these Özil freaks on twitter. The day he leaves and they **** off with him will be one of the great days as a fan in recent times. Probably better than the FA cup win.
That’s like me calling you a freak for sucking off Raul non stop.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Exactly this. It’s the point that no one can answer without admitting the club is wilfully hypocritical.

It’s like Boris Johnson pretending to care about football and pressuring the PL to reconsider the Newcastle sale to appease our Saudi paymasters.

Where was that same energy when absolute scumbags were allowed to buy Wigan, Bury or Bolton by the EFL?

Governments and corporations values change with whichever way the wind blows.

Exactly right. Its also why everyone was screaming corruption when Russia and Qatar were chosen as World Cup hosts but no one said a word when Germany, South Africa, France or South Korea were awarded the World Cup.

Did Fifa suddenly become corrupt overnight or did they just award the world cup to the "wrong" countries?

Its even more farcical that the Qatar World Cup will go ahead mind you.

Football is full of hypocrisy and as far as Newcastle goes, I wish we had the Spanish style of club ownership in the premier league. I'm tired of these parasites bleeding clubs dry or using a football club to rehab their public image (City's owners, Abramovich and now the Saudi boys).

Its amazing how winning a few metal trophies that ultimately don't matter can make people forget numerous human rights violations and atrocities.

Manberg

Predator
I don't see how Özil can take the moral high ground. He's friends with Erdogan so it's hippocritical. Don't they treat Kurdish peoples poorly?

I don't really care about that. What I do care about is this player taking my club for a ride. No player is bigger than the club, certainly not Özil, who I think is average and has been overrated for a long time. It's not just fans that criticise him...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't see how Özil can take the moral high ground. He's friends with Erdogan so it's hippocritical. Don't they treat Kurdish peoples poorly?

I don't really care about that. What I do care about is this player taking my club for a ride. No player is bigger than the club, certainly not Özil, who I think is average and has been overrated for a long time. It's not just fans that criticise him...

How is Keown having a go at Mes for this goal...wasn't this when Xhaka booted the ball right to a Stoke player under no pressure, then needlessly ran at him, which the Stoke player easily passed it round him and that lead to the goal.

Mes is the number 10 ffs, maybe you could blame Ramsey for being too high up, but I don't see how it was Özil's fault.

Uli Hoeness was right all along

Oh God, please don't post this scumbag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom