• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Let’s be clear. Even if Emery was sacked today. Özil would still remain as a strange, Rubik’s cube puzzle of a man and the next manager would struggle to extract the best out of him.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Let’s be clear. Even if Emery was sacked today. Özil would still remain as a strange, Rubik’s cube puzzle of a man and the next manager would struggle to extract the best out of him.

Özil is a typical Libra- graceful, fair, balanced, cerebral ruled by Venus.

Just let him do his thing. Sometimes it'll work haha

Vanpayslip

Emery wants everyone to be in great shape so that we don't get tired while other teams try to dominate possession

That’s like saying the chuckle brothers couldn’t take it anymore because they were serious actors and got fed up of the crowd expecting them to make it laugh. Off course Emery should expect fitness from his players!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That’s like saying the chuckle brothers couldn’t take it anymore because they were serious actors and got fed up of the crowd expecting them to make it laugh. Off course Emery should expect fitness from his players!

I don't know who the chuckle brothers are, but my point is pretty simple.

It isn't a question of if Emery wants his players to be in shape, but the level of fitness his players need to have to play in his system.

It is well-known that teams get more tired when they aren't in possession because they have to run more. That's one of the reasons why possession-based football tactics became very popular. If you keep the ball and move it quickly, you will wear down the opposition, and this will create space.

Emery clearly doesn't want our players to be fit based on retaining possession. He wants us to be fit so that we can press the defense and force turnovers, keep our defensive shape while not in possession, and to launch counterattacks from our fullbacks.

Emery's style requires you the be incredible shape so that you can play ugly, mediocre football.

Symbia

Watching from afar as this thread turns to a protest ground for a player that past it couple of years ago.

Özil should be looking towards pensioner teams in Asia and US. I don't agree with many Unai's decisions but this is not one of them.

Özil and Mustafi should be looking for a new challenge if at all they still have interest.

Last edited:

Vanpayslip

I don't know who the chuckle brothers are, but my point is pretty simple.

It isn't a question of if Emery wants his players to be in shape, but the level of fitness his players need to have to play in his system.

It is well-known that teams get more tired when they aren't in possession because they have to run more. That's one of the reasons why possession-based football tactics became very popular. If you keep the ball and move it quickly, you will wear down the opposition, and this will create space.

Emery clearly doesn't want our players to be fit based on retaining possession. He wants us to be fit so that we can press the defense and force turnovers, keep our defensive shape while not in possession, and to launch counterattacks from our fullbacks.

Emery's style requires you the be incredible shape so that you can play ugly, mediocre football.

I’m no fan of Emery and agree with you that his style is mediocre. However, it is perfectly reasonable to expect your attacking players to press and retrieve the ball. If they don’t then Arsenal’s rubbish defence has to and that usually doesn’t end well.

ptrcopp

It pains me that we still have people here who care more about Özil than arsenal. This Hero worship/fanboyism has to stop.

The reason people want Özil to play is because they think Arsenal will be better with him playing - better than the dross we’re witnessing at the moment.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The reason people want Özil to play is because they think Arsenal will be better with him playing - better than the dross we’re witnessing at the moment.

Özil played in plenty of games over the past 3 seasons when we were dross...... playing Özil solves nothing in the team. There's no point in talking about "creativity" when we are struggling to get the ball into our opponent's half consistently.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

If you gave Özil a run right now the most likely outcome, based on the last 2 years, would be 2/3 poor performances followed by 1 good performance, and *poof* he disappears with a mystery ailment. :lol:

Beast Incarnate

I do wonder if the people defending Özil have watched an Arsenal game in the last 2 years?

The guy is disrespecting the club that pays him a huge salary with his half-arsed performances.

I can forgive bad performances as long as the effort and commitment is there, but Özil has been calling it in for 2 years now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I do wonder if the people defending Özil have watched an Arsenal game in the last 2 years?

The guy is disrespecting the club that pays him a huge salary with his half-arsed performances.

I can forgive bad performances as long as the effort and commitment is there, but Özil has been calling it in for 2 years now.
No he hasn’t. You’ve just decided to determine how he feels based off his body language.

Using that same body language his reaction whenever he gets subbed off is not typical of somebody who doesn’t care is it?

Zaza

Özil might be "washed" but truth is he's a better number 10 then Torreira, Ceballos and even Willock.
I don't mind Özil getting sold or benched if we had a more creative player in the squad but truth is we don't.
Emery is turning this team to Stoke. I can't excuse a coach who plays a midfield of Xhaka - Torreira and Guendouzi AT HOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom