• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil extended, Persie left to a rival at the first chance when he was healthy, after Wenger gave his all to him. Özil got us 3 FA Cups. It's no contest, other one is a snake.
His extension was more or less a retirement for him. At least Judas was competitive.
Judas singlehandedly dragged us to top four. Özil has never shown that he could reach that level.
I blame ivan for him leaving.
If we had a competitive team, I'm quite sure he would stayed.
Özil didn't win us 3 FA cups. It's an insult to players like kos, per, Alexis, caz, Ramsey to suggest Özil even won us the fa cup

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

His extension was more or less a retirement for him. At least Judas was competitive.
Judas singlehandedly dragged us to top four. Özil has never shown that he could reach that level.
I blame ivan for him leaving.
If we had a competitive team, I'm quite sure he would stayed.

Özil was good before the extension, and Alexis left, so it was very bad for Arsenal reputation if Özil had left too. Captain Hindsights can tell whatever they want for all I care.

Özil doing this with his contract is not good at all (look at my posts here ffs), but it won't reach the level that Persie did to Wenger and Arsenal. He broke Wenger's heart.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil was good before the extension, and Alexis left, so it was very bad for Arsenal reputation if Özil had left too. Captain Hindsights can tell whatever they want for all I care.

Özil doing this with his contract is not good at all (look at my posts here ffs), but it won't reach the level that Persie did to Wenger and Arsenal. He broke Wenger's heart.
Özil has been inconsistent from the first day he joined.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s about goals and also not conceding goals.

There are four main elements. Attack, transition from attack to defence, defence, and transition from defence to attack.

And then you have different phases. You have your pressing phase, defensive phase, your first build up phase, your second build up phase, your final third phase.....As a manager you think of how you would apply those four elements in each phase. And you treat these phases as sub-games of the 90 minutes game.

Özil is a good final third player. But he does nothing in build up/general play/creating play in possession, he does nothing in pressing/defending. We lost in so many sub-games with Özil on the pitch.

Not defending is okay. Iniesta/silva/kaka....they don’t defend much. But no one calls them lazy. Because they actively contributed a lot in the general play. Being the main provider of supply for the team. Özil creates no supply. He need supply from others in order to make his final pass. At least they are useful in more phases of the game, not just one.
I don't really care about Özil. Just got irritated about these so-called phases and bs.

If defending was that important, the chant would have been nil-nil to the Arsenal instead of one-nil to the Arsenal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of these days, the bum squad will just realize they are talking to themselves and stop.

jrGqjYkqBqYUTwefyyGZ_W9kZZjOP2bVM6h3M9qL7MVuVeWf8Ef46LfKUW8yZmecPVrQvi3u2ikRd2bDq9k37GRLDeeI88229hF0m2YR0LyJjDXUSpyV-OeiI6i0OdkA5nLMc48fXfQqvPi5ER61-NG2iSMCAER--e8

drippin

Then? Whenever he is not injured, there is a world class performance. Van Persie is a world class player unlucky with injury. It’s the fault on the one whoever made him injured.

Özil’s limitation in his attributes makes him an inconsistent player. He only has himself to blame.

Result is the same, only that an injured player can't even try and gives no performance at all.

I'm not gonna continue this, you have your right to think Persie will be remembered more fondly than Özil. Just as anyone else.

I don't think so and never will unless Özil does something even more stupid than until now. What Persie did to Wenger is unacceptable even if somewhat understandable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
107 pages of reasons why Özil is as frozen as the smile on a mother in laws face, meeting her beloved sons new tattooed girlfriend.

No effort, lazy, past it, no consistency, refusing the pay cut, upsetting the Chinese, relationship with Erdogan, prefers playing Fortnite . . . it's all here munching bandwidth for no apparent reason other than people love a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Result is the same, only that an injured player can't even try and gives no performance at all.

I'm not gonna continue this, you have your right to think Özil will be remembered more fondly than Persie. Just as anyone else.

I don't think so and never will unless Özil does something even more stupid than until now. What Persie did to Wenger is unacceptable even if somewhat understandable.
Of course the result is different. We can have another player playing in van persie’s place when he is injured. The one replacing him can have a good performance. With Özil, you are guaranteed to have bad games if you continuously playing him. And his bad game is resulted from him not getting enough supply from other player, in order for him to make his final pass. And he has no intention to create any supply for himself or for the team, unlike most other attacking midfielders would do.

drippin

107 pages of reasons why Özil is as frozen as the smile on an ungracious mother in laws face, meeting her beloved sons new tattooed girlfriend.

No effort, lazy, past it, no consistency, refusing the pay cut, upsetting the Chinese, relationship with Erdogan, prefers playing Fortnite . . . it's all here munching bandwidth for no apparent reason other than people love a conspiracy theory.

That's how you see it. I see it more that people love/loved Özil and love Arsenal, and wanted to understand what has resulted in this. While explaining their views.

drippin

Of course the result is different. We can have another player playing in van persie’s place when he is injured. The one replacing him can have a good performance. With Özil, you are guaranteed to have bad games if you continuously playing him. And his bad game came from not getting enough supply from others in order to make his final pass. And he has no intention to create any supply for the team, unlike most other attacking midfielders.

You have never liked Özil, I get it. Anyway he has been a great player and the substitute usually wasn't as good. Thanks for the conversation.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You have never liked Özil, I get it. Anyway he has been a great player and the substitute usually wasn't as good. Thanks for the conversation.
Why would I not liked him if he is that good? The weaknesses that he has and the inconsistency resulted from that...

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You haven’t read the last paragraph.
don't really care about Özil v/s anyone.

Going by your argument, Özil should not have been German player of the year Five times in succession.

As I remember it, you specifically said that he was not good even during his RM days.

drippin

Going by your argument, Özil should not have been German player of the year Five times in succession.

As I remember it, you specifically said that he was not good even during his RM days.

Let's see what he argues against that one. :rofl:

drippin

Btw. I'm a cunning planner, siding against Özil dislikers just to pretend I don't hate Özil. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom