• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
D_YCB_BXUAITqcd.jpg
sorry, but what is that picture supposed to mean?

Can't get my IQ low enough to understand the connection...

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
sorry, but what is that picture supposed to mean?

Can't get my IQ low enough to understand the connection...
You're using the world cup to defend Özil. I'm just applying your own logic to Mustafi

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You're using the world cup to defend Özil. I'm just applying your own logic to Mustafi
Go ask the German FA why they selected Mustafi when he is obviously such a **** footballer.

Or maybe they know it and did it to spite you

Ifly_Gooner

Wenger never managed to fit those players together. I don’t know where this revisionism is coming from. that is why he is no longer an Arsenal manager. Isn’t it?

It all failed. The team was mechanical and disjointed. With just a slight bit of pressure, press, intensity from any half decent team got us beaten or we drew.

That is why we were struggling to make Top 4.
That is why we dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in like 18 years. That is why we finished 5th, then finished 6th..... before wenger got the boot. If he was not sacked we would still have continued sliding down the table.

Wenger failed to make Santi, Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey work. That is why we were getting accustomed to being humiliated by the other Big clubs on a consistent basis. Remember those constant 6-3, 6-0, 5-2, 5-1, 4-0, losing to the likes of Bayern something like 10-2 on aggregate etc..

That is why the likes of Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez then run down their contracts and two of them were snapped up by the other big club.

People seem to start making up things about the past thinking we all can’t remember.

Same with this “We miss Özil’s creativity” myth. The same people played it during Emery’s time. Did it when Ljumberg took over. Now the same myth is being resurrected by the Özil fans. But when reintroduced he kept stinking up the place.

What kind of creativity is that when Özil has struggled to got over 9 assists per season in all his time here? He only ever got more than 9 assists once in all his time here (2015/16). That’s that.

9 assists out of 38 games per season at best. How is that even serious? And assisting is the only thing his fanbase want him to do. “Don’t ask Özil to defend, don’t ask him to trackback, don’t ask him t score goal, don’t ask him to press, don’t ask him run about, don’t expect him to dominate games etc”. But then all we should expect is less than 10 assists per season?

Has been struggling to make 5 assists per season for like 5 seasons now.

Got about 4 assists for the last 2 seasons. But but we miss Özil’s creativity....?

It just don’t make any sense. :lol:

Agreed on the Wenger part, our team would just collapse under pressure. On the topic of Özil, it's not that straightforward. For starters, I don't think we have any player in the current squad who matches his vision, passing, link up play and resisting of pressure. The strengths of his out-weight the flaw of not being defensively astute, especially in a side like ours which quite frankly is devoid of any vision or chance creation. We do a pump and dump play it to the flanks from the left and see what happens. Very poor.

musoke

Agreed on the Wenger part, our team would just collapse under pressure. On the topic of Özil, it's not that straightforward. For starters, I don't think we have any player in the current squad who matches his vision, passing, link up play and resisting of pressure. The strengths of his out-weight the flaw of not being defensively astute, especially in a side like ours which quite frankly is devoid of any vision or chance creation. We do a pump and dump play it to the flanks from the left and see what happens. Very poor.
You agree on the Wenger bit but can’t bring yourself to agree on the Özil bit. Why is that? Picking and choosing what you want to believe and not what to believe I see? :lol:

What you said about Özil has become some sort of a catchphrase. People love to assure us about how Özil is so amazing with those aspects you just listed off. Every season we will hear about those aspects the moment he is dropped. That’s when we start hearing about how we miss his amazing vision, creativity, calmess under pressure, link up, those defense splitting passes that no one else can pull off etc. The moment he is reintroduced and stinks out the place, all that disappears until the next time he is dropped for being useless. Then magically we will start missing “his vision, passing, creativity, calmness etc pop up from out of nowhere again.

But seriously. I have been watching Özil closely since he joined in 2013/14. As I have admitted before, I did not know that much about Özil apart from a few clips here and there on YouTube, a Madrid game here and there in the CL or against Barcelona, Atletico, etc, that’s all.
In all his time here I have never felt that he could go beast mode like the likes of Cazorla, Sanchez, Cesc, RVP, Rosicky. I have tried to give into the big Özil talk. Thought may be it was my bias or that I was asking for far too much from him. Tried giving him leeway and a pass so many times. I have tried to give Özil a chance nearly every season. The only thing I seem to have noticed about it all is how to accurately be able to predict how nearly each and every season will end up with regards to Özil. For real. Every season starts off with most people talking about how this is going to be the season Özil will come good, show how talented he is and shut his critics / Haters up. Fast forward into the season and he’s underperforming. Then the blame games and excuses galore from his fans. His teammates are the first ones to be thrown under the bus, how they are average and are the reason why Özil is looking bad. Then the forwards can’t make the “intelligent runs that Özil thrives on”. No quick, fast now runners to get in behind.
Then, the midfielders are not good enough to get the ball to Özil. Then, the Defensive midfielders are not good enough to cover for Özil’s lack of defensive ability.
Then the managers follow. That particular manager in charge is blamed for being clueless, aint got a clue how to get the best out of Özil.
Then the formations, systems, style are blamed for why he is being poor.
Then enter the board and Kroenke for not buying the likes of Ronaldo, Messi etc to get the best out of Özil :)lol:).
Then the British media and EPL fans that don’t know how to appreciate natural talents like Özil. “We just love headless chickens like Charlie Adams and Stoke kind of football. We don’t deserve a world class talent like Özil.”.

Then throw in there a sprinkle of Conspiracy Theory;
Mental Health Issues being a real issue in football.
A sprinkle of Racism here and there.
A bit of Islamophobia.
A bit of Politics here and there...

Then to top it off, sprinkle in a bit of Özil’s social media propaganda/ PR stunts. Victimhood etc. His Charity givings. The only good Good guy etc.

And then the cycle will be repeated the next season and so on..

It’s all too predictable, sorry.
:lol:

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re better than this, no? Özil was leading goal scorer for Germany in the qualification to the WC, scored the winning goal in the last 16 game, got further assists, was only second to Messi for chance creation. While Mustafi was nothing but a squaddy.

Reminds me of the time you said Mesut flopped in Euro 2012 until I had to remind you that he was named in the team of the tournament and I think had the most assists in the tournament.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This thread is weird. Certain characters go beside themselves if they see something even neutral is being posted about Özil, never mind positive. They quickly have to flood the thread with their hate ffs.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This thread is weird. Certain characters go beside themselves if they see something even neutral is being posted about Özil, never mind positive. They quickly have to flood the thread with their hate ffs.
Hate is abit strong

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You’re better than this, no? Özil was leading goal scorer for Germany in the qualification to the WC, scored the winning goal in the last 16 game, got further assists, was only second to Messi for chance creation. While Mustafi was nothing but a squaddy.

Reminds me of the time you said Mesut flopped in Euro 2012 until I had to remind you that he was named in the team of the tournament and I think had the most assists in the tournament.
Özil was a non-entity in the 2014 world cup. He only played well in 2010 world cup.

He was poverty in the round of 16 vs Algeria up until he scored the winner.

The only other game he played well was the 7-1 mauling of Brazil which was Obviously a game in which the whole team played well.
I watched every single game of Germany in that world cup because I was actually rooting for them (since I knew Nigeria was obviously not gonna win it anyway)
All what I just stayed are facts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil was a non-entity in the 2014 world cup. He only played well in 2010 world cup.

He was poverty in the round of 16 vs Algeria up until he scored the winner.

The only other game he played well was the 7-1 mauling of Brazil which was Obviously a game in which the whole team played well.
I watched every single game of Germany in that world cup because I was actually rooting for them (since I knew Nigeria was obviously not gonna win it anyway)
All what I just stayed are facts.
Yeah yeah, those aren’t facts, they are your dodgy opinions. You called him a flop in Euro 2012 too until I told you he was in the team of the tournament.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

What about the guys on here in recent days saying you’re not an Arsenal fan if you defend Özil? Isn’t that abit strong?

When you ask them to name those guys, people bottle it.
Everbody has their own view it is a forum after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom