• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
tnF43Ph.jpg

Wow, how on earth haven’t I seen this picture before?
Shame on Arsenal for letting this war criminal in to our stadium. Now I can’t support arsenal anymore, goodbye arsenal friends!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great move from Özil the treatment he took from his own country media is very shocking and embarrassing and racist all that because his visited Erdugan. f**king hell i met Saddam Hussein and hugged him when i was child does that make me criminal too like Özil.

People should put politics away from football because it will always end up badly.
That's bizarre. Sure it was the real one though?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I would put money on him playing for German again.
Doubt it. I know Turkish people, when you hurt them to their soul, there is no coming back. Once upon a time I used to have a Turkish best friend. I said something to him about his mentality that really hurt him and he just deleted me from his life. Never talked to me again. Now I have no Turkish friends anymore. Its like they all know.

Marsal

Bosnian Gooner
Doubt it. I know Turkish people, when you hurt them to their soul, there is no coming back. Once upon a time I used to have a Turkish best friend. I said something to him about his mentality that really hurt him and he just deleted me from his life. Never talked to me again. Now I have no Turkish friends anymore. Its like they all know.
Yep, that's right. It'same with the Balkan people (maybe because Ottoman empire ruled there for 500 years)...

When you do the damage to them, it's over. Forever.
We in Bos/Ser/Cro have a turkish word that's called "inat"... well, you can't translate it to the english because there is no word in your language for that but it's something like extra extra extra stuborness or something like "waking up sleeping giant"... and I know Mesut has a fair amount of inat in himself.

That's why I'm sure he'll bleed and give everything for Arsenal next season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah you know bro I don’t actually believe it. But the signs are there. I don’t know what it is. I do believe the media are the biggest cancer of modern history, in almost every country. The **** they write isn’t helping anyone, and its obviously politically driven. I see it in the Netherlands too, they put up an artificial divide that shouldn’t be there. I catch myself acting accordingly too, even though I really do not want to.
Agreed. Take the United States for instance. Fox is the absolute zenith of media evil because it operates solely as a propaganda wing for the demonization of anything that doesn't fit a very specific white, heterosexual, Christian narrative. That said though the rest of the media is almost as bad as they only care about ratings. That's how you end up legitimizing a fringe candidate like Donald Trump. He was good for ratings so all of the other networks gave him billions of dollars of free advertising. Now there is no doubt that a free press is imperative if we want anything resembling transparency from those in power but there is no doubt that their primary objective has shifted from telling the truth to telling and even crafting a story to make money. My assumption is that it's largely the same around the world. Selling out our morals and values to different degrees for money seems to be the new global religion.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The part with the intented statement from Steinmeier and him is just incredible. First Grindel refuses a statement without his influence and then he rushes Özil to a statement after the World Cup.

Unthinkable in real life.

Will be interesting to see, how Özils close DFB friends (Rüdiger, Can, Khedira, Boateng, Draxler, Sane..) will react, if Grindel stays as the DFB president, what i can't believe.
do let us know what the German press have to say in the morning

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yep, that's right. It'same with the Balkan people (maybe because Ottoman empire ruled there for 500 years)...

When you do the damage to them, it's over. Forever.
We in Bos/Ser/Cro have a turkish word that's called "inat"... well, you can't translate it to the english because there is no word in your language for that but it's something like extra extra extra stuborness or something like "waking up sleeping giant"... and I know Mesut has a fair amount of inat in himself.

That's why I'm sure he'll bleed and give everything for Arsenal next season.
I know you can’t judge a whole people the same but people from certain nations have common traits. Turks are extremely loyal and honour-bound. What happened to Mesut in the last months is equal to the worst things you can do to a person. I am certain that is how it feels to him, they disgraced him and denounced him and he has always been proud to play for Germany, always treated them with respect. And now he does something that is politically sensitive, and all the credits he built up in the last 9 years are worth nothing. They hang him out to dry. And I am certain it is not some political move, or payback, I think it would pain him to wear the German shirt now, that its impossible.

Also I am certain these German ****s will cover for each other instead of reflecting on their actions.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I couldnt care less for national team football, love the fact he is done with that

big respect for Özil and how he handled the situation

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's been disrespected by sections of the DFB and the German press, but let's not forget he's been disrespected by sections of the Arsenal fan base and pundits too.

He'll forever be underrated. Just to repeat it: he won German player of the year FIVE TIMES. This isn't like Mkhi or Cech where they're the only good players. This is in Germany's modern golden era ffs. As for Arsenal, hasn't he got the most assists of any PL player since he joined?

When it comes to Özil, I just want to block out all the noise and watch him play fully fit in a well-coached team this upcoming season. I've been saying it for months, I think he's gonna tear it up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's been disrespected by sections of the DFB and the German press, but let's not forget he's been disrespected by sections of the Arsenal fan base and pundits too.

He'll forever be underrated. Just to repeat it: he won German player of the year FIVE TIMES. This isn't like Mkhi or Cech where they're the only good players. This is in Germany's modern golden era ffs. As for Arsenal, hasn't he got the most assists of any PL player since he joined?

When it comes to Özil, I just want to block out all the noise and watch him play fully fit in a well-coached team this upcoming season. I've been saying it for months, I think he's gonna tear it up.
The difference being that the "disrespect" from Arsenal supporters and pundits is limited solely to criticism of his performances on the pitch and influence(or lack thereof relative to his talent) on matches. That criticism by the way he points to in his letter as being able to accept and use as motivation. Let's not conflate that with demonizing him as some kind of ungrateful saboteur and accusing him of torpedoing a nation's World Cup campaign strictly because of what he looks like and whom he prays to. Not even remotely the same thing. Many of the people who have criticized his performances are absolutely outraged by this and will back him to the hilt this coming season to show solidarity and empathy.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The difference being that the "disrespect" from Arsenal supporters and pundits is limited solely to criticism of his performances on the pitch and influence(or lack thereof relative to his talent) on matches. That criticism by the way he points to in his letter as being able to accept and use as motivation. Let's not conflate that with demonizing him as some kind of ungrateful saboteur and accusing him of torpedoing a nation's World Cup campaign strictly because of what he looks like and whom he prays to. Not even remotely the same thing. Many of the people who have criticized his performances are absolutely outraged by this and will back him to the hilt this coming season to show solidarity and empathy.
And Özil himself wrote its alright to criticize his on-field performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom