• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can’t be the only person disappointed that @Jury is missing out on all this.
No me too. Would be fun to see him make a desperate 180 again. If I remember correctly he tried to make it about Mesut’s performances 20 pages back when this all started. Guy’s a hoot. :D

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What? it's Hoeness. He is an asshole

To be honest this is the perfect response, a German in his position with his history coming out with anger and a dismissive attitude speaks volumes.

This is the type of German dickhead Özil was referring too in his statement.

Maybe there are people in the DfB who agree with his comments regarding football but even they must have been thinking 'for **** sake Uli' when they read his words, talk about making the situation worse!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Did not know pegida was German. We have it in Holland too. They tried to go to Mosques here during Ramadan to roast pork in front of the door and to shout hatefull things about Islam.
Just out of curiosity, in which part of the country do you live?

razörist

<Justice Minister Germany>
“It is an alarm signal when a great German footballer such as Mesut Özil feels unwanted in his country because of racism and not represented by the DFB.”

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

<Justice Minister Germany>
“It is an alarm signal when a great German footballer such as Mesut Özil feels unwanted in his country because of racism and not represented by the DFB.”
The responses to that Tweet are truly disgusting. Özil is a Turk and a sign that even a millionaire Turk is an Islamo Fascist fanboy.... wtf

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Btw, anyone else love how every German team player has managed to leave Twitter in one day and not log in. Proves Özil's point more than anything

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Btw, anyone else love how every German team player has managed to leave Twitter in one day and not log in. Proves Özil's point more than anything
Podolski, Mustafi and Per should come out in support of Özil.

I think Podolski and Per will, but not sure about Mustafi as he would get similar treatment.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mustafi has liked the post. Given the circumstances, that itself is a big deal I guess.
Has he? I don't see a back on top tweet, so I refuse to believe he went online

Seriously though, I don't think he's logged in either, it's mentioned nowhere on Social Media.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Yeah good points, I know this joke even if it's supposed to be positive plays right into the far right and racists hands(I've been guilty of saying similar too). Thuram hit back at Le Pen awhile ago over similar comments:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/30/worldcup2006.sport3

By saying Africa won the wc, you are making them seem less french and in the end you only end up empowering idiots like this:

Couldn't agree more. And it was a good response from Thuram back then.

razörist

Nah, just never seen these protesting nutters over here, luckily.

I'm from Gelderland, next to the IJssel.
Its mostly 20 guys on a bus with policemen around them. But they make a lot of noise so the media loves to give them air time which makes it more of a big deal than it is.

Gelderland! How’s the weather today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom