• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
" I think that he himself knows that racism does not exist within the national team and the DFB."

He didn't say the team was racist :lol: why is this still a thing?

They're all proving him right by coming out with all these stupid statements.

You're right...Özil never said there was a racism within the squad and yet these two idiots keep making it sound like otherwise.

Also him and Muller are in no position to talk about nor decide what should be classified as racism or what should Özil find offensive.

Never ever liked Germany team until Özil and I'm glad that I can now go back to disliking these mofos.

Last edited:

Bergkamp1988

Watch this and tell me why the hell you’d play Ramsey in his position.
If I start the next London riot come October and steal all the Mesut shirts then it’s not my fault

Beautiful video. This both shows how great his is and how terribly inefficient his team mates are / were.. He should have beaten Henry's assist record a few years back if it wasn't for Girouds clumbsyness

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This is a good video from when he was at the top of his game at Madrid. Shows that he mostly played in the middle, but also extremely comfortable playing on the right. Don't think him having a great season will really depend on the position he plays in, it's got more to do with building a connection with the other attackers and him getting his confidence back. He's very much capable of dribbling on the wing and beating his man, but he rarely does that for us at the moment. It's about finding a good balance in the team and when that happens it won't really matter if he plays central or on the wing.

TheArsenalis

This is a good video from when he was at the top of his game at Madrid. Shows that he mostly played in the middle, but also extremely comfortable playing on the right. Don't think him having a great season will really depend on the position he plays in, it's got more to do with building a connection with the other attackers and him getting his confidence back. He's very much capable of dribbling on the wing and beating his man, but he rarely does that for us at the moment. It's about finding a good balance in the team and when that happens it won't really matter if he plays central or on the wing.

You could fine good games at arsenal too. Just haven't seen one in donkeys years.

His highlights wont do him justice anymore. If still has it he needs to show it. Score some goals make some assist god dammit

TheArsenalis

That’s a pretty wanky statement from Kroos.

What a ****.
I thought it was a fare comment. Honest his view of things. Germany teams is built pretty much like the french team, full of other nationalities. There is a reason nobody defended Özil statement or stance.

I'll say one thing, he best start performing now else its back to the turkish minor leagues.

Arsenio Venger

I thought it was a fare comment. Honest his view of things. Germany teams is built pretty much like the french team, full of other nationalities. There is a reason nobody defended Özil statement or stance.

I'll say one thing, he best start performing now else its back to the turkish minor leagues.

Others did defend him. It’s pretty obvious to see why some didn’t and why others on the team did.

And this type of argument you are making is bullshit. Germany and France have no problems using players with mixed nationalities but that doesn’t hide how people may feel about some of those players. Don’t act like the players haven’t experienced their share of racism within their own country just because they’re on the team.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Back to the Turkish minor leagues? He never played there before? He came from Schalke, and broke through at Bremen. He was born in Gelsenkirchen, is that Turkish?

Low key racist comment tbh.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Never ever liked Germany team until Özil and I'm glad that I can now go back to disliking these mofos.
Bro it has been 8 years since his breakthrough at the world cup so I kinda forgot but this is true! I can go back to disliking Germany again! Yay!

TheArsenalis

Back to the Turkish minor leagues? He never played there before? He came from Schalke, and broke through at Bremen. He was born in Gelsenkirchen, is that Turkish?

Low key racist comment tbh.
Shut up with your nonsense bra, don't pull that card in here. Everybody knows Özil back story don't need an update,

Current state of affairs, how he is playing, his wages nobody will no big club gonna take it off us and small teams can't pay him for 300k a week. If he leaves arsenal, turkey.

TheArsenalis

Others did defend him. It’s pretty obvious to see why some didn’t and why others on the team did.

And this type of argument you are making is bullshit. Germany and France have no problems using players with mixed nationalities but that doesn’t hide how people may feel about some of those players. Don’t act like the players haven’t experienced their share of racism within their own country just because they’re on the team.
Racism is everywhere, it's hidden in our daily lives. Özil ddnt face no blatant racism. Özil was the one who turned this theme into a race theme.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Kroos is a classic example of someone speaking on topic they’re not fully clued up about.

Now Özil is retired from international footy he should be able to play a lot more freely. He was under ridiculous scrutiny, despite being German POTY a record five times.

Their loss, our bloodclarte gain.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Didn't Bayern open their stadium to refugees or something like that? Can't remember the exact thing they did, just offering a little perspective.
Perhaps they did. It does not cancel out the sentiment of intolerance from a number of high profile current and ex Bayern players and executives. At the very least there is a vocal faction that at best is willfully ignorant to racism in their country(and what a f*cking joke given their fairly recent history) and at worst is quietly complicit.

See the greatest example of inequality is how a minority is treated when they stand up for themselves. Republicans hated Kanye West when he said George Bush didn't care about black people. Now that he's gone insane and is fawning over Trump they love him. If he changed his mind tomorrow they'd go right back to hating him. That's what being marginalized is. You're tolerated to a conditional point so long as you toe the line and don't rock the boat. The moment you have the nerve to stand up for yourself and ask for actual equality you become rife for character assassination and condemnation. It happens all the time.

Özil was fine when he was quiet and taking the unnecessary criticism on the chin. The moment he stood up for himself now all of a sudden his words get completely distorted(he NEVER accused anyone in the squad of racism yet Kroos pretends he did) and the attacks become vicious. So you'll forgive me if I don't care that Bayern may or may not have done something nice for refugees(and their image) one time. If they can allow people that represent their club to continue this grotesque treatment of Özil then they endorse racism and I don't care what they may or may not have done in the past because they are despicable today.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Perhaps they did. It does not cancel out the sentiment of intolerance from a number of high profile current and ex Bayern players and executives. At the very least there is a vocal faction that at best is willfully ignorant to racism in their country(and what a f*cking joke given their fairly recent history) and at worst is quietly complicit.

See the greatest example of inequality is how a minority is treated when they stand up for themselves. Republicans hated Kanye West when he said George Bush didn't care about black people. Now that he's gone insane and is fawning over Trump they love him. If he changed his mind tomorrow they'd go right back to hating him. That's what being marginalized is. You're tolerated to a conditional point so long as you toe the line and don't rock the boat. The moment you have the nerve to stand up for yourself and ask for actual equality you become rife for character assassination and condemnation. It happens all the time.

Özil was fine when he was quiet and taking the unnecessary criticism on the chin. The moment he stood up for himself now all of a sudden his words get completely distorted(he NEVER accused anyone in the squad of racism yet Kroos pretends he did) and the attacks become vicious. So you'll forgive me if I don't care that Bayern may or may not have done something nice for refugees(and their image) one time. If they can allow people that represent their club to continue this grotesque treatment of Özil then they endorse racism and I don't care what they may or may not have done in the past because they are despicable today.
and Turks didn't come to Germany as refugees, but as migrant workers - that would make a great difference in the way Germans perceived them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom