• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

It's more likely Emery doesn't think Özil fits his plans and doesn't see him as an important part of his team, so Raul and co decided it's not worth paying a bench player that much and trying to force him out in the summer.

If Emery rates him and he's still being frozen out by the higher ups(I just don't think that's likely), that would be hilariously stupid. Then Sanllehi might end up a bigger fraud than Gazidis.
That would be better. I fear its the latter though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Happens in American sports regularly when the athlete wants to help their team win. They take pay cuts to allow their team to attract better players with better salary offers. It isn’t as unreasonable as it sounds.

Can’t think of a single player in American sports who’d gladly help his team win by taking a pay cut while he’s been frozen out though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Happens in American sports regularly when the athlete wants to help their team win. They take pay cuts to allow their team to attract better players with better salary offers. It isn’t as unreasonable as it sounds.
What sport? I only watch NHL and its filled with kids that don’t take any pay cut to help the team, Matthews 5yr/11.6M contract is just the latest example.

razörist

Can’t think of a single player in American sports who’d gladly help his team win by taking a pay cut while he’s been frozen out though.
Joffrey Lupul from the leafs was getting paid not to play for years on permanent injury list hahaha. But a salary cap league is not comparable with non-salary cap league.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It's more likely Emery doesn't think Özil fits his plans and doesn't see him as an important part of his team, so Raul and co decided it's not worth paying a bench player that much and trying to force him out in the summer.

If Emery rates him and he's still being frozen out by the higher ups(I just don't think that's likely), that would be hilariously stupid. Then Sanllehi might end up a bigger fraud than Gazidis.

Raul would have to actively damage the club for 7+ years by overseeing a failed commercial team for that to be the case.

Whoever is responsible for Özil being out of the team, whatever the reason, all parties need to come together and agree to let bygones be bygones and start fresh.

All of the happy feelings surrounding the club at the start of the season is slowly being eroded by the results and this situation, if it is a situation, isn't helping matters.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
DzeYbvmX0AMEQLp.jpg:large

Dzes01aXcAE5iwn.jpg

DzewXk3WkAAHRGa.jpg:large

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I just can't make sense of that though.. If Emery rates him and thinks he can get him playing to his best, then no one would care about his wages and it wouldn't be a problem. If they needed to cut the wage bill, they'll look elsewhere.
When Ramsey’s contract offer was rescinded in September, one of the journalists said that the higher ups told Emery that if he was given that much money it would mean less was available to spend on others. Maybe he’s being pressured in a similar way with respect to Özil, because before Raul took control of the club he was starting pretty much every week in the PL.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Özil will be 31 next season, even if we have a new manager next season (we won't btw but hypothetically) no manager with anything about them will build their side around a 31 year old who requires a specific role and who hasn't been at his best in 3/4 years and his top performances are so rare you can count them on one hand for the entirety of 2018.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

That comment from Xhaka makes me wonder what the dressing room thinks of Özil's situation.

If fans are upset that Özil isn't in the team imagine what the guys, some of who are actually friendly with him think about all of this. Imagine being Aubameyang or Lacazette and looking behind you for someone to create something and Özil isn't there.

Think about Casillas at Madrid. Sure Mourinho was right to drop him but that was Saint Iker and nearly everyone in the Madrid dressing room was his mate. Mourinho made a rod for his own back going about things the way he did.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
When Ramsey’s contract offer was rescinded in September, one of the journalists said that the higher ups told Emery that if he was given that much money it would mean less was available to spend on others. Maybe he’s being pressured in a similar way with respect to Özil, because before Raul took control of the club he was starting pretty much every week in the PL.

So as in he likes Özil, but he wants another player there instead(or to strengthen another position) and this is the only way that can happen? Yeah I guess that could be true.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What sport? I only watch NHL and its filled with kids that don’t take any pay cut to help the team, Matthews 5yr/11.6M contract is just the latest example.
I’ve not seen it in the NHL but I have in baseball, football, and basketball.

I’m just saying Özil should put his money where his mouth is. That’s all. His salary alone is part of the problem right now.

razörist

I haven’t seen much of Denis Suarez, but does he strike you as a player that’s going to do a lot of defensive work and win balls back more than Özil? Not to me. Yet we really wanted him and he’s a very similar type to Mesut. He’s not a winger, he’s not really a CM. Yet we wanted him, and are going to give him minutes. That to me doesn’t look like the manager can’t fit a player like Özil in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom