• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michaël Ciani

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Backup in case we don't get Squillachi? Pfft. Smeels like pure bullshit, if anything Ciani should be the first option as he's better and would less likely to come than Squil so him being a backup choice is strange thing to be reported.

qs

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I don't think he's a better first choice than what we have. My point was that he's not the type of player you sign to put on the bench, which discredits the rumour.

You know who'd be a great 3rd choice, Kos.

I would love to sign this guy. He'd be immense for us.

Kraig

Established Member
I'd much rather vermaelen and ciani at the back than Los and verm. Ciani is pure quality!

ricky1985

Established Member
Seen him look ropey on more than one occasion. Absolute beast of a man, but not the most skilled or smart defender.

I'd rather have Koscielny in the First XI, but would love an option like Ciani in the squad. That's not realistic though, with what he'd cost.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
qs said:
Klaus Daimler said:
I don't think he's a better first choice than what we have. My point was that he's not the type of player you sign to put on the bench, which discredits the rumour.

You know who'd be a great 3rd choice, Kos.

I would love to sign this guy. He'd be immense for us.
Koscielny looks the better player to me. Don't get me wrong though, I'd be over the moon if we actually sign Ciani too. It just strikes me as a very unrealistic rumour, for a number of reasons.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I thought he was ok against PSG. Nothing spectacular on the ball, although I see he likes pushing forward, but has good movement in the air.

His winner in the last minute brought a smile to my face.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Seems very unlikely now. A tremendous signing if we get him though, we'd suddenly have the best CB depth in the league.

qs

Established Member
I'd be absolutely shocked if we signed him now. Wenger probably threw in a bid to scare Sevilla and hurry them up.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Yes I suppose Ciani is a no go now

Unless Wenger suddenly gets a mad taste for recklessly spending the mythical transfer kitty Squillaci is the final (non GK) signing....

qs

Established Member
James said:
Squillaci will be our lot, certainly.

Well I wouldn't be shocked if we signed another Silvestre type player, someone dirt cheap or free that can fill in a couple of places but well down the pecking order. But theres no way we'll get another defender the quality of Ciani.

patrick42uk

Established Member
If it did this or the Juan deal, it really would signal a new phase at the football club. No more scrounging for bargains or using inexperienced players to plug gaps- getting proper players to fill in the key positions. I consider the 4 CB positions to be crucial personally, especially with our team and the way we play. For me, Djourou is not ready. I dont care what anybody says, he was an experiment before his injury and even more so now. If Squillaci starts we would only be 2 injuries/suspensions away from using Djourou. Thats too much risk.

Wenger signing another experienced CB would be some statement of intent.

Accomplished

Established Member
Can't see it happening myself. Sure, if they accept a low bid, which I imagine we'll make, but I really can't see Bordeaux letting Wenger get even close to his personal valuation.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we won't sign Juan.. he is a starter for Roma (as is Mexes at this point, who IMO was much more "available" earlier in the summer)

not likely that Ciani will come for a lower fee either.. especially now that Bordeaux's season is in full swing

i dont see another CB signing before the window closes.. if we do, great, but not likely.. if we sign a keeper, that will be about it

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom