• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mickaël Landreau

Bossa

Established Member
Mickael Landreau if Schwarzer bid fails!

Arsenal have made an inquiry for Lille goalkeeper Mickael Landreau — but have not given up totally on signing Fulham’s Mark Schwarzer.
Manager Arsène Wenger confirmed yesterday that he was still working on strengthening his goalkeeping position and the experienced Landreau is the latest in his sights.
Landreau, 31, had an impressive season last year and is available for around £6.5million.

Gunner be a Gunner? Goalkeeper Michael Landreau
Wenger was linked with Landreau last summer also and has monitored his form.
Although he didn’t make France’s squad for the World Cup that was seen as a surprise omission after one of his best seasons.
Wenger wants experience and could switch back to Schwarzer, 37, if Fulham find a replacement in time but is growing impatient.
Wenger has also been linked with a fresh move for Landreau’s Lille team-mate Eden Hazard, who he has long admired, but that may be shelved until next summer.
Meanwhile, former Arsenal defender Mikael Silvestre was last night putting the finishing touches to a three-year deal with German side Werder Bremen.
The 33-year-old joins Bremen on a free transfer and will line up against Tottenham in the Champions League.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1306538/Arsenal-eye-France-keeper-Mickael-Landreau-bid-Fulham-stopper-Mark-Schwarzer-fails.html#ixzz0xkXmfeKq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0xkXmfeKq</a>

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Mickael Landreau if Schwarzer bid fails!

I read this rumour this morning. It was on caughtoffside. They said that the rumour was according to French reports. So I did a search for French reports. The only one I could find cited caughtoffside as the source of the rumour.

I then closed several tabs.

Clarkey

This was mentioned somewhere else this week/last weekend as I remember it getting mentioned in the Lobby. If I recall right it was linked in with Ben Arfa from Goal.com or Tribalfootball, so obviously dismissed as tosh. Be interesting if it was to bare fruit though, possible full French back five and French speaking with Verminator involved.

Edit: Mr G beat me to the punch. On Landreau though, did he not have a shocker at PSG which I guess lead to him ending up at Lille if that was the case. Might be confusing him with another keeper, but I seem to remember some clangers and criticism thrown his way. Is he up to much currently form wise?

Bossa

Established Member

Landreau is not the quality player that we should strife for. He's a decent ligue 1 keeper at best from what Ive seen. Clearly not better than Manny.

Its Schwarzer or no one! Unless we make a shock big money bid for a better goalkeeper which is very unlikely.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Its links like this that strengthens my belief that schwarzer is the right man. Its important to get a tall well built goalkeeper, or at the minimum one that knows what to expect at stoke or blackburn. Landreau against the likes of Huth and Samba?

GDeep™

League is very weak

He was very highly rated back in the day, obviously hasn't lived up to that hype, but if this is true then im willing to back Wenger's judgement.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i dont see him play from long time i hope one here watch france league to tell us how he did with lille last season

TheEconomist

Established Member

i remember people talking him up a few years ago, looks like he lost his way a bit

I think at this stage no one is expecting a buffon standard keeper though,
is he a better option than schwarzer?

Don Pacifico

Established Member

I have no reason to trust (or doubt) the source cited but all I'll say on the matter is that we were linked with this guy a lot back when we were looking at replacements for Jens.

Maybe we're still interested in Yohann Pele. ;)

Gunner_JT

I believe he was once a very good shot stopper, particularly at penalties but immensely flopped at PSG. I don't think this guy is right for us.

Don Pacifico

Established Member

Gunner_JT said:
I believe he was once a very good shot stopper, particularly at penalties but immensely flopped at PSG. I don't think this guy is right for us.

Replace PSG with Arsenal and you're talking about Almunia.

Actually, might want to omit the 'very' from 'very good' too.

KY

Established Member

caughtoffside has also linked us with ben arfa multiple times already in the past week. Yet no one has thought about bumping the HBA thread... finally we're realising the credence of caughtoffside. :D

Biggus

Established Member

Well he worked miracles in Highway to Heaven!
e-gall-jonathansmith-superheroes.jpg

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Don't rate him. Just a French Fabianski in that he's a good shot stopper but not much else.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Looks like Julio Cesar.

:p

viper_001

Established Member

Everyone thought he was the french Buffon a few years ago, but now Lloris has that title. Class doesn't just go away, so I'd be willing to have this guy over Almunia.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom