• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez (Loan)

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

My sources are telling me it's related to behavioural issues. Massive coup for Charlton.

My condolences @MutableEarth
Lol we have no luck with talented players, instead we have the Iwobis and Nketiahs. Stupid from the kid as well, he has talent but if he doesn't put the shift and works hard he is going to be a Shiite player.

maxxspeed

Lol we have no luck with talented players, instead we have the Iwobis and Nketiahs. Stupid from the kid as well, he has talent but if he doesn't put the shift and works hard he is going to be a Shiite player.

:lol::facepalm: When people just read the headlines alone.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Ok just a loan, I almost had a heart attack, didn't he just sign professional terms with us just recently, this kid is a special talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I already saw this hours ago. He has a 5 year deal anyway, there's no chance there would ever be a permanent deal away from Arsenal for Azeez. He's literally the pick of his scholar intake.

I don't even know how legit this source is, so I don't know if he is actually going out on loan but it would be a great move and an indication that they consider U23s to be scant development for a player of his ability and I can get behind that. Azeez is super talented but he needs a lot of work. At the moment, he's akin to Guendouzi with more athleticism - superb physical and technical attributes but needs to be smarter in how he uses them. Positioning needs work, and perhaps a bit more focus and tempo in his game. I'd get behind this loan 100%.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wanted to cry when I read that first tweet, why didnt he mention it was a loan ffs in the tweet.

Also isnt this loan coming a bit too fast for him, he has barely played for the U23 and hes going on season long loan to League one. He will struggle a lot physically and maybe that will good for his development but its a bit too early for me.

DasBootist

I wanted to cry when I read that first tweet, why didnt he mention it was a loan ffs in the tweet.

Also isnt this loan coming a bit too fast for him, he has barely played for the U23 and hes going on season long loan to League one. He will struggle a lot physically and maybe that will good for his development but its a bit too early for me.
For me it speaks volumes of his talent and standing for such a young player. I wish for him to gain heaps of vital experience and push for a senior squad spot next season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me it speaks volumes of his talent and standing for such a young player. I wish for him to gain heaps of vital experience and push for a senior squad spot next season.
thats way too quick, he needs to physically and tactically develop first
If he has a successful loan then I can see him going on loan to a PL or top championship club next season and then coming into the team

Technically hes good enough but still need a lot of work physically and tactically.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I would normally agree and up to recently i advocated for Azeez to cook at U23 level for us but in Azeez' case, this is an exception I would allow. I think Azeez needs to be challenged and I dont think PL2 is gonna do that, he will outgrow that level quickly and start dialling it in.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would normally agree and up to recently i advocated for Azeez to cook at U23 level for us but in Azeez' case, this is an exception I would allow. I think Azeez needs to be challenged and I dont think PL2 is gonna do that, he will outgrow that level quickly and start dialling it in.
yea you are probably right, he would have outgrown U23 quiet quickly but it will be a huge step up for him.
Charlton will fight to get back into Championship this season so the expectations will be high for every game.

Afro Mugo

The u23 level is good for many players but some players have by passed it because they need a bigger challenge. Rashford, who wasn't a star, but was very talented at u18 level totally by passed it . Willock got his Arsenal first team debut in pre season having only played 1 u23 game and keeping him around the first team came at a cost in that Da Silva and Mcguane had to leave to get their chances. Greenwood was playing in PL2 second division and didn't exactly tear it up though he was outstanding for their u18s. I highly suspect if Azeez is going on loan , Cottrell is staying and will get the Matt Smith role where he is around the first team a lot and may potentially make his debut this season. I suspect they can't keep both around and Azeez is the more physically developed thus will get more chances in lower leagues . Bellingham played a handful games before being involved with the first team. Both PL2 and League one will be beneficial for his development. He'll learn a lot from playing with and against men even if it's only 30 games.

Afro Mugo

yea you are probably right, he would have outgrown U23 quiet quickly but it will be a huge step up for him.
Charlton will fight to get back into Championship this season so the expectations will be high for every game.
Dele Alli at his age was tearing up League one. AMN went to Ipswich in the Championship at the same age. Saka, was having his breakthrough with the first team this past season at the same age. If he struggles playing league one then maybe just maybe he isn't the talent we think he is. Hes struggled imposing himself in youth games but that may change in a first team environment . I like what Bowyer did with Chelsea's Conor Gallagher, to a point Swansea picked him up 6 months later . In contrast George Mceachran who was the better more imposing player in Chelsea's youth team has struggled in Dutch division 2. I trust Mertesacker and Azeez's coaches on this one.

9jagooner

I'm excited for Miguel and hopefully gets a good run of games at Charlton.
He has big shoes to fill though. Another Nigerian, Joe Aribo did very well on loan in similar position at Charlton last season before returning to his parent club.

Gives me a good reason to follow Charlton games for another season.

Also glad the club now doing what I've been advocating for a while - send the players on loan to get much needed experience

Last edited:

Jack_The_Lad

Filling up the u23's with rejects to allow the best of the crop develop on loan - smartest move of the window so far!

People forget what it's like going from training/playing with/against boys to men.

Absolutely support this development in our strategy.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yep that I can agree with, we need to get these players out on loan as quickly as possible.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom