• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope we can manage this lad more carefully and he has some urgency to do well. He feels like one who is slipping away from his ceiling. At this rate, I'd keep him for cover. 20 minutes every match.
When we have Sambi and Elneny? Doubt Arteta would do that. Likely he'll either go on another loan or replace Matt Smith as the elder statesman in midfield for the U21s (which I would hate tbh, those minutes should be going to the likes of Myles Lewis-Skelly or Bradley Ibrahim, the former should already be a starter for the U21s tbh).

Azeez at full potential would make sense as Partey back-up but he isn't anywhere near the level I thought he'd be at by now with his ability. Think we just have to be a bit more picky about where we send him and what he's gonna be doing. He needs to be challenged IMO and I think we need to send him to the highest division team we can possibly send him to that absolutely needs a player of his type (6/8). Hard task.

Melquiades

It's not looking good for him.

Now two failed loans, and neither was at a particularly high level. Is not tracking toward being a player of any usefulness for Arsenal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be honest sending a young lad to Ibiza on loan is probably one of the stupidest ideas possible. No matter how professional one may be there's always some extra curricular activities going on.

Don't know why he wasnt sent to the championship it he's as good as made out to be. Mount, Tomori and Tammy were all sent out there and developed well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At least he had 6 month in fun island. Still can't see him make it here unfortunately

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Time to dump Lokonga and see how Azeez settles, but I do agree, doesn't look great for him
Why would Azeez all of a sudden jump ahead of Lokonga when he couldnt do it in Segunda in Spain. He's clearly miles off being PL level. Sambi isn't great either but obviously he's ahead of him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why would Azeez all of a sudden jump ahead of Lokonga when he couldnt do it in Segunda in Spain. He's clearly miles off being PL level. Sambi isn't great either but obviously he's ahead of him.
Bcs Sambi is a waste of space and I'd like to give Azeez a chance , maybe he could be a squadie like Mo one day

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bcs Sambi is a waste of space and I'd like to give Azeez a chance , maybe he could be a squadie like Mo one day
So you reckon if Azeez can't make am impact playing in the second tier of Spanish football, he is ready to make a title winning team better?

Sambi doesn't do much but at least he has played in the PL and is older. Azeez hasn't done anything to note.

If Azeez was close to Sambi now he wouldn't have been sent to the White Island.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you reckon if Azeez can't make am impact playing in the second tier of Spanish football, he is ready to make a title winning team better?
I reckon that Gnabry couldn't get any minutes at WBA but he is still having a top career while Pulis and WBA are still in the mud. I don't really care what happens on loans. Also, I didn't say he would make us better, you've made that up, just saying he could potentially be a squad player (something Sambi is failing at), so worth giving him a chance.

Happy to get rid if he doesn't perform for us either

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I reckon that Gnabry couldn't get any minutes at WBA but he is still having a top career while Pulis and WBA are still in the mud. I don't really care what happens on loans. Also, I didn't say he would make us better, you've made that up, just saying he could potentially be a squad player (something Sambi is failing at), so worth giving him a chance.

Happy to get rid if he doesn't perform for us either
You said ditch Sambi for Azeez. Which would indicate that you think Azeez is better than Sambi? Or is that logic flawed in some way? Sambi is being a squad player now. Called upon when required.

As for Azeez you don't give someone a chance until they've earned it. Picking passes in Ocean Beach with Wayne Linekar isn't enough.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You said ditch Sambi for Azeez. Which would indicate that you think Azeez is better than Sambi? Or is that logic flawed in some way?
The logic is we would probably get some $$$ for Sambi and he is useless anyways, Azeez can warm the bench and play some cup games for less money and he has no sale value

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The logic is we would probably get some $$$ for Sambi and he is useless anyways, Azeez can warm the bench and play some cup games for less money and he has no sale value
Nobody is buying Sambi in January. Maybe next summer OK if Sambi leaves and Azeez steps up but at this moment, in a title race, you pick Sambi in your squad every day of the week over a young lad who couldn't make it in Segunda B.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
in a title race, you pick Sambi in your squad every day of the week over a young lad who couldn't make it in Segunda B.
:lol:

Let's be honest, if it comes to the point where we have to pick Sambi, the title race is already over for us. For everything else, I don't think there is much difference between them. You are making judgments based on loans without knowing what was going on there. From some videos that I've seen, he was doing well and was benched the next game, so potentially it's not football related. Sambi is a massive disappointment, agree with you it would be hard to sell this Jan, we are probably looking at a loan so he can recover some of his value

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
:lol:

Let's be honest, if it comes to the point where we have to pick Sambi, the title race is already over for us. For everything else, I don't think there is much difference between them. You are making judgments based on loans without knowing what was going on there. From some videos that I've seen, he was doing well and was benched the next game, so potentially it's not football related. Sambi is a massive disappointment, agree with you it would be hard to sell this Jan, we are probably looking at a loan so he can recover some of his value
I am making judgements based on facts.

Fact 1: Arteta thinks Sambi is more useful to his squad than Azeez.

Fact 2: Azeez has had 2 loan spells that haven't been great in leagues much inferior to the PL. Our club has loaned him to levels they believe to be suitable for him.

Sambi isn't useful. That I agree with. But he's clearly more useful than Azeez at this present moment based on our managers view. Who does have a lot more insight than me and you and sees more than a few youtube clips.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really wish people who haven't been monitoring his performances would refrain from the sweeping judgment. What exactly are we basing our opinion on? It's honestly harder sometimes for inexperienced players to shine on loan than it is at a parent club, especially for clubs at the wrong end of the table where managers are risk averse.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom