• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
It's more the fact you're being disingenuous in your posting.

Splitting hairs over a 50M difference that is very likely to become irrelevant by the end of the window and then raising a point only to call it irrelevant once I refuted it.

Can you explain what makes the squad Klopp inherited 'much better' than the one Mikel inherited? You need to be genuinely honest because you're about to label yourself as clearly having an agenda here :lol:
Had to give my man a thumbs down after he said that the Liverpool team of 15/16 is better than the 19/20 Arsenal team.

That Liverpool team was full of plumbers ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ofc but if we play scintillating football and get third for the next three seasons you aren’t going to keep ****ting on him for not being Klopp are you?
Why would I do that?
The situations aren’t identical and Klopp’s made a legendary contribution.

Arsenal FC should always have an elite manager and that's what Arteta should be judged against, not Klopp. Klopp is more of an ideal scenario so it's a useful comparison. I'm not expecting Arteta to match Klopp's 97 points and a CL after three years and ~400M but I am expecting him to close the gap between their season outcomes and ours because so far we've been miles off.

Honestly I don't get why there's always such drama whenever I attempt to hold Mikel to the standards that come with his reputation. :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Had to give my man a thumbs down after he said that the Liverpool team of 15/16 is better than the 19/20 Arsenal team.

Posting like that just exposes the guys with an agenda tbh :lol:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Klopps net transfers are way way lower though,
16/17: +++€5mil
17/18: +++€10mil
18/19: --- €140 mil

155mil net spend

Arteta:
20/21 --- $66m
21/22 --- $136m
22/23 --- $108m

310 mil net spend. Arteta spent twice the money.
Net spend is not a fair comparison. Klopp had sellable assets, Arteta didn’t. There’s also the covid market to contend with which made it harder to sell players.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Honestly I don't get why there's always such drama whenever I attempt to hold Mikel to the standards that come with his reputation. :lol:
It's because your stance isn't based in reality. Arteta's reputation is that he came in as a rookie manager learning his craft. The board and the owners clearly disagree with you too.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Why would I do that?

Arsenal FC should always have an elite manager and that's what Arteta should be judged against, not Klopp. Klopp is more of an ideal scenario so it's a useful comparison. I'm not expecting Arteta to match Klopp's 97 points and a CL after three years and ~400M but I am expecting him to close the gap between their season outcomes and ours because so far we've been miles off.

Not sure where I’ve been dramatic. I don’t think your expectations tally up here. What is acceptable to you specifically? I thought you were okay 4th place finishes.

Very few who can go toe to toe with his competition so how we replace him if he’s not winning league’s or even scraping 4th is not clear.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It's because your stance isn't based in reality. Arteta's reputation is that he came in as a rookie manager learning his craft. The board and the owners clearly disagree with you too.
The board and the owners agreed to make him one of the highest paid managers in the league last year and promoted him from coach to manager after half a season. That says a lot more about their belief in his ability than whatever you've made up in your head and just typed.

Edu has practically said top four is the aim this season too, again that says a lot more than whatever you're on.

You're actually trying to reduce expectations for the manager you spend all this time defending when the expectations aren't even that high. I've said around 80 points and top 4 just to remind you.

samspade

The board and the owners agreed to pay him 8M a year, that says a lot more about their belief in his ability than whatever you've made up in your head and just typed.
Arteta’s fifth highest paid and he finished fifth, doesn’t seem like a special statement to me.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The board and the owners agreed to pay him 8M a year, that says a lot more about their belief in his ability than whatever you've made up in your head and just typed.

Edu has practically said top four is the aim this season too, again that says a lot more than whatever you're on.

You're actually trying to reduce expectations for the manager you spend all this time defending when the expectations aren't even that high. I've said around 80 points and top 4 just to remind you.
You didn't understand my post. Big yikes. I put money on my expectations which I actually think are conservative.

samspade

You guys are so rattled :lol:

What are you even arguing about, you trying to prove that the board don't rate Arteta or something?.
Have you switched to WUMing then? I assure you, I’m not remotely rattled.

I thought we were having an intelligent discussion and I’m not sure where that stopped tbh. Shame.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Net spend is not a fair comparison. Klopp had sellable assets, Arteta didn’t. There’s also the covid market to contend with which made it harder to sell players.

I shouldn’t even entertain this as man is really clutching at thin air una

Didn’t Liverpool sell Brewster, Solanke, Ibe, Ward and Lovren for like roughly £80m collectively? The opportunities were there to sell players but Arteta opted to keep them and let their value skyrocket down by not playing them - AMN being the prime example.

It seems the club look like they’re slowly learning from this though when you look at the Tavares loan deal.

samspade

@Trilly you’re calling me rattled but you changed your statement from ‘the board and owners agree to pay him 8m’ to ‘the board and owners agreed to make him one of the highest paid managers’ which is honestly pathetic.

You try to hide it but you are caked in agenda.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Trilly you’re calling me rattled but you changed your statement from ‘the board and owners agree to pay him 8m’ to ‘the board and owners agreed to make him one of the highest paid managers’ which is honestly pathetic.
I edited it because I don't actually know the number and didn't want to give you something to latch onto rather than ignore the point I'm making...

But you've done it anyway. :lol:

What's the diffence between 8M and highest paid manager? Does it change the wider point that the board have full faith in him? Of course not. Stop arguing about the small stuff when there are more important points been made, it reeks of deflection.
You try to hide it but you are caked in agenda.
Because of what? An edit that doesn't actually change anything? You're being ridiculous.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Plumbers eh.........

images

Not a terrible line of work all perky perks considered 🤔

samspade

What's the diffence between 8M and highest paid manager? Does it change the wider point that the board have full faith in him? Of course not.
Well it sort of butchers whatever point you were making about the discrepancy between the board’s evaluation of the manager and the manager’s achievement. I asked you a pertinent question before you started WUMing on what your standards/expectations are specifically but you haven’t answered.

Stop arguing about the small stuff when there are more important points been made, it reeks of deflection.
Please point out a deflection.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
They've just bought very well tbh. They bought Salah for 35M when top wingers were already going for 50+ regularly. I think a VVD type player still goes for the ~75 they paid for him back then. Same applies to Allison at ~60M and Fabinho at ~50M. The inflation for top quality players hasn't gone up that much really, Jota just last year was 40M but I'm sure people would have been happy if we bought him for 50-60.

Same as above. Also I know we sell poorly so I've only compared how much they've spent to be fair on Mikel (even though he's contributed to some of the issues).
Wow reading this you are spot on ffs. This actually shows how good Pool has bought in tbh. But I feel like they are the exception.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom