• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
From the BBc
There were 20 passes in the build-up to Tierney's opener and, since Arteta took charge in December 2019, Arsenal have scored more Premier League goals following a sequence of 20-plus passes than any other side.

Meaningless stat. From the start of this season and until the last 3 matches, most of those passes were sideways and back. We kept possession but were very slow in progression.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Arsène Wenger. Possibly the most stubborn manager in PL history. He wasn't too shabby ;)

Virtually every great manager has a high degree of stubbornness. Pep, Fergie, Mourinho etc.
Not in the modern game, Fergie adapted. Jose and Arsène didnt, Pep can get away with it as he can spend what he likes.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arsène Wenger. Possibly the most stubborn manager in PL history. He wasn't too shabby ;)

Virtually every great manager has a high degree of stubbornness. Pep, Fergie, Mourinho etc.
In the end it was his downfall. One holding midfielder, one strong tough holding midfielder, which he refused to sign for years, could been the difference between Top 4 and the title.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Crosses per game went from over 20 to 11, from most in the league to 16th in the league. Do you understand anything about progression/trends? :lol::lol::lol:
This is what happens 15 year old keyboard warriors try to sound smart.

It took addition of one player to change our gameplay from spamming low quality hopeful lumps from 35 yards out into the box all game long to creating good overloads and cutbacks from dangerous areas. Arteta being a genius couldn't figure that out when we were churning out U-formations game after game sending us towards relegation.

3 goals against Chelsea - Pen (won from a crossing position), free kick and Saka wonder shot/cross.

1 goal against Brighton - Saka driving forward in a wide area and crossing it to Lacazette.

4 goals against West Brom - Tierney driving in from a wide area and cutting in. Saka goal made down the right hand side with ESR passing across. Third goal from Laca made down the wing, shoddy defending from West Brom. Fourth goal from Laca made from the wing, low cross from Tierney.

All thats changed is we have more space due to ESR. Volume of crosses may have gone down, but the plan is the same. High volume of play from wide areas. Do you not understand that? Thick as pig ****.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I am, but as soon as you start acting like a child and like you're always right and that other people's opinions are straight bs regardless of how said opinions are laid out, I don't really bother with you. Even with people I usually get into arguments, if they show a little bit of humor or conceded a point here or there, that's enough to keep me reading their posts here and there.

I have about 5 people on ignore, I occasionally click the show ignored messages thing to see if they are still the same and if they are I keep them there.
Makes sense, I guess. Somehow it never worries me. @Rimaal @HairSprayGooners and @bingobob have all had a go at me today but I just see them as feisty internet friends. I use the word friends very loosely of course. My job is to educate them rather than fall out :lol::lol:

shoot for the top

Maybe a lot of it is also maybe to do with us scoring goals by shifting the opposition around?

When it comes off, it sounds real nice that we made a 20 pass goal. As you can see most of the time, it just sideways passing. Eventually, you will hit a 20 pass goal. But in recent games it hasn't been completely side way passing. We will have to see how it goes for the long run.

Moah

3 goals against Chelsea - Pen (won from a crossing position), free kick and Saka wonder shot/cross.

1 goal against Brighton - Saka driving forward in a wide area and crossing it to Lacazette.

4 goals against West Brom - Tierney driving in from a wide area and cutting in. Saka goal made down the right hand side with ESR passing across. Third goal from Laca made down the wing, shoddy defending from West Brom. Fourth goal from Laca made from the wing, low cross from Tierney.

All thats changed is we have more space due to ESR. Volume of crosses may have gone down, but the plan is the same. High volume of play from wide areas. Do you not understand that? Thick as pig ****.
So passes from the wing are crosses now? This place :lol: :lol:

shoot for the top

Calm yourself. Let's keep the debates civil.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You dont educate you just droan on about the same subject every time...
Repetition is the key to learning though. When we haven't won the league in the next 10 years, and our finishes have been all over the place, all the parts will come together in your mind.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Repetition is the key to learning though. When we haven't won the league in the next 10 years, and our finishes have been all over the place, all the parts will come together in your mind.

Yeah, sometimes. But for some odd reason you don't take any other points against your opinion, and that is quite literally all it is, an opinion, on board. Why is that?

I know you're obsessed with Wenger, but it doesn't mean you should bring him up and defend him at every opportunity. Defending him against good facts as well.

Your squad cost argument is also just dumb considering Liverpools resurgence and Uniteds dominance from 2000 to 2013. Both of which completely under spent in comparison to their main rivals.

Your squad cost argument is of course valid when it comes to splitting the top 6 from the rest. But other than that its a very poor metric considering there's so much evidence against it. The team with the highest spend doesn't always finish first. That is a fact. And that's even backed up by your tables where United and City are regularly the big spenders. Along with Chelsea. We will be able to spend enough to win a title in the next 10 years, we've spent 240m in the past 2 summers, that spend will continue and we'll spend the required sum to build a title winning squad. Whether we do or not is another question. Wenger also had enough money to build a title challenging squad between 2013 and 2018. You dont have to spend a billion, you just have to spend on the right players, which he failed to do.

Kysus

How is Hairspraymoron still not banned?
Ignorance and Stupidity insanely high, IQ AND emotional IQ rock bottom.

All he does is insulting people for not being as thick as him.

I feel a lot of compassion for you Hairspray, you must be in a lot of pain. Hope you find the necessary step to do some self-inspection.

shoot for the top

I feel a lot of compassion for you Hairspray, you must be in a lot of pain. Hope you find the necessary step to do some self-inspection.

I wonder the same thing. Maybe he has connections with the admins?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

His constant insults are certainly tiring.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom