• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The smugness from people who wanted Arteta vocally before he was appointed is becoming very

tenor.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People just can't get their heads around the fact that there are no known factors in football.
Simply not true?

I’m guessing you’re going to say Klopp, Fergie, Guardiola, prime Wenger and Mourinho’s ability as managers had nothing to do with their management and everything to do with the chequebook? Come off that man.

Saying Arteta wasn’t a risk isn’t going to fly.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Trilly told me he wanted the old Sp**s manager who never won anything in his life or that Ajax manager who could just be t he next Boer or Villa-Boas. These would have been just as much big gambles as the coach that is labelled as one of the best man manager in the game already by the greats like Wenger and Pep.
Yep. Going for two managers with proven track records in getting their teams to outperform their squad cost both domestically and in Europe was just as big a risk as getting a guy with zero management experience.

You lot are moving mad!

Just say you’re glad Arteta is doing well, pat yourself on the back/**** yourself off but don’t try to revise history please.

Yep. Going for two managers with proven track records in getting their teams to outperform their squad cost both domestically and in Europe was just as big a risk as getting a guy with zero management experience.

You lot are moving mad!

Just say you’re glad Arteta is doing well, pat yourself on the back/**** yourself off but don’t try to revise history please.

What is being revised bro?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Man you got gelato out here? In north London all these bums have nothing but stardog. That **** staaaaank
Stardog is certi though. I’m not too fussed about strains but I’ve noticed that the Cali **** leaves you a bit fresher the next morning. Still not sure if it’s worth like triple the cost.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Simply not true?

I’m guessing you’re going to say Klopp, Fergie, Guardiola, prime Wenger and Mourinho’s ability as managers had nothing to do with their management and everything to do with the chequebook? Come off that man.

Saying Arteta wasn’t a risk isn’t going to fly.
What? That wasn't what I saying. I was pointing out that getting a known manager doesn't in any way guarantee success. There are so many examples of experienced managers bombing at reasonable clubs. And some of the gambles on unknown managers have turned out to be the best, like Barcelona gambling on Pep Guardiola who hadn't even managed at another club or even a first team.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Everybody who came in contact with Arteta had nothing but praise for him. It's not that big a gamble.
In Arteta's case we haven't a clue. So it would be a wild gamble. Would the board take a risk like that, having had one of the most experienced managers in the planet with a record that's gone down in history . . . very doubtful.

That Ajax manager is not available. Dont know why people think we could get him.

Pochetto cant win trophies. We cant win trophies. I have no idea how that should be a fix.

Mourinho abuse his players. We have weak mentality players.

Same fans who wanted these three wanted Ancelotti or Allegri also. Underlines all the people on here who hate Arsenal.

Then our amazing Arteta. Pur wonderful Arteta. Already great man manager. Worked with Pep. Praised by Pep. Loves Arsenal. Knows Arsenal. Insane potential!

Im excited again!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What? That wasn't what I saying. I was pointing out that getting a known manager doesn't in any way guarantee success.

we aren’t getting takeover by an Arab billionaire so our squad cost will remain relatively constant. If that is the case then how else can you improve the team? By getting a good manager.

Best indicator of a manager being good for your team? Their history.

Why was Arteta a gamble? Because he had no history.

I’m sure I don’t have to go on to explain why people don’t like to gamble. And that’s why I think it’s a **** move to act all smug about Arteta.

It’s like you winning the lottery then trying to laugh at others for not winning it too. :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pochetto cant win trophies. We cant win trophies. I have no idea how that should be a fix.
If Arteta can do what Poch did at Tottenham then his time here would be seen as a massive success.

I’ll leave your agenda to battle with your brain as you try to figure out a way to answer while satisfying both. :D

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Those two quotes are more than 18months apart aren't they. Since then we've had Emery. Nothing much is a gamble after that, and Arteta has had 18 more months at City. :lol:

If Arteta can do what Poch did at Tottenham then his time here would be seen as a massive success.

I’ll leave your agenda to battle with your brain as you try to figure out a way to answer while satisfying both. :D

Im hoping Arteta can bring winning culture here. Not losing culture like Pochetto!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If Arteta can do what Poch did at Tottenham then his time here would be seen as a massive success
What, win absolutely nothing, be totally trophyless . . . . a success? :lol:

The only success he had was to finally finish higher than Wenger after his club had tried to achieve that for more 20 years. But that wasn't his doing, it was our fans who created a climate which made it totally impossible for Wenger or the team to operate.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom