• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My impression was that it was mostly for contractual work that we hired him?

Overall, the club has become something of a revolving door. We need to calm down and find some stability.

Agreed, hence why sacking Arteta just goes against everything we need to do to create that stability.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
meh i've lost interest in evaluating Arteta, he's not a miracle-worker and until we have better players we'll go nowhere, and seeing as that falls on Edu I doubt we're going anywhere any time soon. I do wish he'd stop standing on the touchline trying to control everything though, it's useless and very undignified, just sit on the bench in a suit looking disgruntled like Wenger used to, that's what a manager should be. And sign somebody who can do tricks and flicks. All i want is a manager in a suit and a player who gets you off your seat, fairly reasonable demand imo.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
meh i've lost interest in evaluating Arteta, he's not a miracle-worker and until we have better players we'll go nowhere
Exactly. Hes not going to improve what we have. He's basically from the Pep school of thought, You spend big to win big.

Arteta is not going to take us anywhere. We're stuck in a loop with him.

ps: But I'm going to continue to cheer the team though. Before another Arteta cultist accuses me of being a city fan

Kav

Established Member
What does a PL DoF actually do though?
Football administration functions including football operations, football relations, youth development. He will oversee football operations in the first team and academy, as well as player contract management and relationships with football’s governing bodies.

Essentially he will act as Legal Counsel/Administrator for the Club.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You're correct, Ole inherited and used the players he had, and United fans were calling for his head before Bruno Fernandes came in because United were playing horrible football, they were hardly creating chances. In fact in that same season they were one of the lowest teams in the league for chances created, sitting on 14 games played and just 18 points. What happened? Ole got Bruno Fernandes in the winter window and they finished on 66 points in THIRD PLACE. Once again, another fantastic example that certain signings can make a key difference if they fit the managers wants and needs.

What a non-sense!! You don’t know what you are talking about!

Before we signed Bruno last season, we were 4th in xG (expected goal). It tells you before we signed Bruno, we were 4th best team at that time in creating chance.

Oh and also Pogba only started 5 games and came on as subs twice in those 24 games. So no Pogba no Bruno, Martial injured for 6 games (31st August to 20th October).

d9q41g9.jpg

You are 12th so far in xG this season mate!! Stop downplay Ole and overhype your Arteta!
ZrVNepE.jpg

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What a non-sense!! You don’t know what you are talking about!

Before we signed Bruno last season, we were 4th in xG (expected goal). It tells you before we signed Bruno, we were 4th best team at that time in creating chance.

Oh and also Pogba only started 5 games and came on as subs twice in those 24 games. So no Pogba no Bruno, Martial injured for 6 games (31st August to 20th October).

d9q41g9.jpg

You are 12th so far in xG this season mate!! Stop downplay Ole and overhype your Arteta!
ZrVNepE.jpg

After 24 games that is a table taken from the 20th of Jan. You have just completely cherry picked that. After 14 games you had 18 points, there was a consensus amongst United fans that you were playing terrible football and struggling to create clear cut chances. I remember it very clearly, not downplaying Ole hes just spent £300M to help him get where he is because he's tactically inept.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
After 24 games that is a table taken from the 20th of Jan. You have just completely cherry picked that. After 14 games you had 18 points, there was a consensus amongst United fans that you were playing terrible football and struggling to create clear cut chances. I remember it very clearly, not downplaying Ole hes just spent £300M to help him get where he is because he's tactically inept.

I haven't cherrying picked at all. Bruno Fernandes joined United on 29th January and his first ever game with us on 1st February 2020 against Wolves, the Wolves game was the 25th league games.

You are the one who cherry picked, why picked 14 games and mentioned what happened before and after Bruno came when we played 24 league games before Bruno came? The stat doesn't lie, we were 4th best in xG before Bruno came, so you talked non-sense when you said we were hardly creating chances and we were one of the lowest team for chance created before Bruno came.
d9q41g9.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just likes to be trivial!!
What you crying about now? You been going on weird recently.

Missing Auba/Partey/Pepe/EL Neny etc for 8/9 weeks mid season will affect our aims and aspirations. Players normally go a few weeks before the tournament and need a few weeks rest after the tournament too as it’s exhausting, change of climate etc.

100% we aren’t getting CL next season.

shoot for the top

I haven't cherrying picked at all. Bruno Fernandes joined United on 29th January and his first ever game with us on 1st February 2020 against Wolves, the Wolves game was the 25th league games.

You are the one who cherry picked, why picked 14 games and mentioned what happened before and after Bruno came when we played 24 league games before Bruno came? The stat doesn't lie, we were 4th best in xG before Bruno came, so you talked non-sense when you said we were hardly creating chances and we were one of the lowest team for chance created before Bruno came.
d9q41g9.jpg

Tell him how it is. The graph is too difficult for him to understand. You may need to break it down to simple math. :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Optimism not free flowing here - https://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/42641-arsenal-innit-blud-vs-steve’s-absolutely-****e-mags/

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
122 votes for (effectively) sacked?

Scandalous. No patience these days.
Arteta is **** and should be sacked. We're mid-table and its half way through the season. Really no excuses. We need a world class manager and the board went for a rookie who's in a job that's too big for him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Great second half today, so credit where it’s due.

I still don’t like this “only up the tempo in the second half” thing we’ve got going.

If we let one in it before we score it starts going down the drain a bit.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom