• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

say yes

forum master baiter
More of your unsubstantiated rubbish. If you insist on not having any credibility, at least have some sense of shame. :lol::lol:
“Am” is the present tense you utter bore.

If I had said: “I have always been the most positive poster about Arteta” then you might have a point. But I didn’t so, as usual, you don’t.

Desperate attempt.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
“Am” is the present tense you utter bore.

If I had said: “I have always been the most positive poster about Arteta” then you might have a point. But I didn’t so, as usual, you don’t.

Desperate attempt.
Relax, I was just joshing with you :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I would say get along and stay on topic but this is Arsenalmania.
Think it would help this forum if there were more women on here. Less testosterone flying about. Maybe Mikel will attract a few more in time!

He’s done this before :lol:

Knows I wanted Emery sacked and am one of the most positive about Arteta. But if I reply he’ll just say “I know you did but I wanted you to reply to me!”.

Would love to visit him in Iceland and tweeze the wings off his little tarantula hawks.

I just thought as I had a special place in your happy new year wish to the forum I would get more replies and more chat from you!

Need I remind you while most here thing its GDeep I try to copy its actually you I want to be?

And please come to Iceland man. I think you will enjoy walk on the glaziers and volcanoes, blue lagoon, puffin hunting and Icelandic nightlife!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Because his reasoning is that of a contrarian, who wants to see the worst in anything especially when there is a general good vibe feeling in the forum towards the club.
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of them on this forum

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Relax, I was just joshing with you :lol:
Whatever.

Gets to the point where I’m not even surprised you had to edit that (irrelevant) 3 year old post of mine to make it seem more critical than it truly was:
That being said, I was just pointing out that if Arteta does want to go into management then learning from Guardiola is about as good as it gets.

Can’t even trust you to quote properly these days. As if the constant made up “facts” you’ve just “remembered” aren’t bad enough. Anything to win an “internet argument” eh? :lol:

As I said, you’re comfortably the biggest fraud on this forum. Horrendous poster and it’s about time you were called out on it.

say yes

forum master baiter
I just thought as I had a special place in your happy new year wish to the forum I would get more replies and more chat from you!

Need I remind you while most here thing its GDeep I try to copy its actually you I want to be?

And please come to Iceland man. I think you will enjoy walk on the glaziers and volcanoes, blue lagoon, puffin hunting and Icelandic nightlife!
@GDeep™

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
but it will take time to get the players upto the required fitness level

Thing is, you usually don't do that during the season anymore and the lack of a winter break in England doesn't exactly help. The physical and fitness foundation is laid out and usually achieved over the pre-season, after that it's mostly about staying at that level. So if the team is below a certain required fitness level, it will be hard to get them to it during the season, especially when at the same time you're trying to implement new tactics as well. Thus we might not see an Arsenal side being able to keep the intensity and workrate high for 90 minutes until next season. But that's part of the game.

Toby

Found myself doing the same thing, as if the guy wasn't a proven top manager before England.:lol:

I think the main reason I bring up his early Liverpool seasons is because while the overall results weren't great, he showed flashes of what he could do in England with that team.

Think it's easy to say the transfers did the bulk of work but those big game performances and flashes of what the team could do definitely played a part in recruiting those players.

Yep, think it is funny how some seem to forget his 14 years before Liverpool as manager.

And agree with the rest of your post. It's kind of the opposite of Emery in a way. Klopp's team wasn't consistent, but you could definitely see flashes of something being implemented there. After Emery's first two, three months the results were there, but you looked at the games and exactly those flashes, these implications of where this was going were missing.

Transfers always play a big part in success, but it's also about finding the right players and getting them to work at their best in your side and showing them a clear strategy. Klopp is fantastic at that and he's an absolute madman re: football. Having seen what he's done at Dortmund, then him going to Liverpool which fits him like a glove, and then this team with some absolute plodders in it taking to his style immediately, even if not consistently, you knew something was up there and they'd eventually attract bigger players again.

Last edited:

pacstud

I feel like every time I click in this thread it's either people being off topic or fighting with each other.
giphy.gif

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thing is, you usually don't do that during the season anymore and the lack of a winter break in England doesn't exactly help. The physical and fitness foundation is laid out and usually achieved over the pre-season, after that it's mostly about staying at that level. So if the team is below a certain required fitness level, it will be hard to get them to it during the season, especially when at the same time you're trying to implement new tactics as well. Thus we might not see an Arsenal side being able to keep the intensity and workrate high for 90 minutes until next season. But that's part of the game.
True
Arteta really does have his handful this season, I'm not sure how Emery who's teams are known to be hardworking left us with such poor fitness.

Last edited:

Toby

True
Arteta really does his handful this season, I'm not sure how Emery who's teams are known to be hardworking left us with such poor fitness.

Yeah, it's a bit strange. But then again you always had the impression something was off with Arsenal's fitness and medical staff, no matter who was brought in.

Maybe it's just not specified enough. Maybe they get the players fit per se, but don't train them out for a specific way of playing. Say e.g. you have a very physical, parking the bus kind of side, I guess you'd want your players with a little more muscle and probably more focused on sprints, wheres with a lot of possession and pressing you'd want someone who can comfortably run 12 or 13 instead of 8 kilometres.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Whatever.

Gets to the point where I’m not even surprised you had to edit that (irrelevant) 3 year old post of mine to make it seem more critical than it truly was:

Can’t even trust you to quote properly these days. As if the constant made up “facts” you’ve just “remembered” aren’t bad enough. Anything to win an “internet argument” eh? :lol:

As I said, you’re comfortably the biggest fraud on this forum. Horrendous poster and it’s about time you were called out on it.
Jesus man, what is wrong with you:lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Everyone wanted "a safe pair of hands".

The same mistake we made appointing Emery
At least they made the correct decision now... a little bit late... I would like it to make the change in November but anyway... I still remember when a lot here defended Emery because we were 3rd LOL!

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom