• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Heard Robbie make the claim.
I take what Robbie says with a pinch of salt. Lovely guy - but take a sample of videos. There is no way anyone cares apart from Arsenal fans when you win.

When you lose it’s pure entertainment for fans of every other team. The channel is built on drama, anger and clowns like DT and Troopz losing their minds. Robbie wouldn’t make half the money he does if Arsenal were good.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Found the start of this pretty triggering, with that City fan saying “City and Chelsea have won more PL’s”... yeah because your club got billions from a sugar daddy you Manc ****.

Chelsea and City fans can’t criticise Arsenal, they simply won the lottery.

We are embarrassing, our owner is embarrassing, our manager is embarrassing, our management is embarrassing, our recruitment is embarrassing, our finances are embarrassing, and the way some people on this forum are still making excuses for Arteta is far more than embarrassing, it's damn near treasonous.

Everything they say in that vid is true, however painful it is to hear.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We are embarrassing, our owner is embarrassing, our manager is embarrassing, our management is embarrassing, our recruitment is embarrassing, our finances are embarrassing, and the way some people on this forum are still making excuses for Arteta is far more than embarrassing, it's damn near treasonous.

Everything they say in that vid is true, however painful it is to hear.
We fell behind because other clubs took in oil cash and a sugar daddy model, that should be mentioned too.

You’re right though, we are a badly run club, no matter our model, and we can’t hide from that.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Mathematically speaking, we still have a shot to qualify for a European spot.

I'm going to savour this type of pain until it hurts me no more :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Found the start of this pretty triggering, with that City fan saying “City and Chelsea have won more PL’s”... yeah because your club got billions from a sugar daddy you Manc ****.

Chelsea and City fans can’t criticise Arsenal, they simply won the lottery.

Not sure getting a Utd fan, City fan and Chelsea fan to talk about Arsenal is the best way to get a objective discussion :lol: What annoyed me was when the Chelsea fan said no one wants Arteta out...excuse me?!?! That City fan is just a wind-up merchant though, don't think i've ever heard him say anything that wasn't 100% bullsh*t. Has such a smug, punchable face too.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
We fell behind because other clubs took in oil cash and a sugar daddy model, that should be mentioned too.

You’re right though, we are a badly run club, no matter our model, and we can’t hide from that.
The only reason we believe things could be different and dream of premier leagues is because the majority of clubs are so bloody incompetent and we hope to profit from their incompetence. If every big club was was run as well as Bayern we'd be totally ****ed as far as titles are concerned.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure getting a Utd fan, City fan and Chelsea fan to talk about Arsenal is the best way to get a objective discussion :lol: What annoyed me was when the Chelsea fan said no one wants Arteta out...excuse me?!?! That City fan is just a wind-up merchant though, don't think i've ever heard him say anything that wasn't 100% bullsh*t. Has such a smug, punchable face too.

They are all wind up merchants, not just the City fan...pretty sure the United fan used to take the piss out of Arsène all the time back in the day, while the Chelsea fan just ranges from one extreme to the next.

All our issues start with our terrible owner, that simple for me.

This is "Gillette Soccer Staurday", for the younger generation...is that better or worse? :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

You know we were sold to a billionaire as well, it's only due to the greed, carelessness, and sheer stupidity of our old board that they sold to one without a care for the sport, the culture or the club.
The incompetence goes back to before Kroenke.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I have to be really honest, the majority of non Arsenal fans that talk about Arsenal invariably p!ss me off either because they misunderstand the problems the club has at a fundamental level or they're being a WUM.

I suppose it's a bit insular but even shows like the Guardian's Football Weekly I feel routinely get things wrong about Arsenal unless Auclair is on.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
You know we were sold to a billionaire as well, it's only due to the greed, carelessness, and sheer stupidity of our old board that they sold to one without a care for the sport, the culture or the club.
The incompetence goes back to before Kroenke.

Most of them didnt want anything to do with him but David Dein messed up and managed to bring Kroenke AND Usmanov to the club.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The only reason we believe things could be different and dream of premier leagues is because the majority of clubs are so bloody incompetent and we hope to profit from their incompetence. If every big club was was run as well as Bayern we'd be totally ****ed as far as titles are concerned.

Have to say I agree with this.

I think so many clubs are incompetent it's unbelievable. Like you see someone like Raul Sanllehi and how he's been able to reach such a senior position not only in one club but also in Barcelona and it makes you wonder.

I think the fact that there's still so much tradition in football is a bit of a double edged sword, let me explain.

So we've all probably felt that Arsenal need more football knowledge in and around the board. However what's also undeniable is that sometimes those undeserving of certain positions are given it on the back of their great careers.

This can be an issue with football in which former players are given positions and it's not based on their acumen or their ability in that specific role.

It's good in the sense that someone with a decorated career should technically have a higher chance of having more football knowledge, but bad in the sense that it's not always true and it creates inefficiency.

Perfect example is Aidy Boothroyd managing the England U21.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Have to say I agree with this.

I think so many clubs are incompetent it's unbelievable. Like you see someone like Raul Sanllehi and how he's been able to reach such a senior position not only in one club but also in Barcelona and it makes you wonder.

I think the fact that there's still so much tradition in football is a bit of a double edged sword, let me explain.

So we've all probably felt that Arsenal need more football knowledge in and around the board. However what's also undeniable is that sometimes those undeserving of certain positions are given it on the back of their great careers.

This can be an issue with football in which former players are given positions and it's not based on their acumen or their ability in that specific role.

It's good in the sense that someone with a decorated career should technically have a higher chance of having more football knowledge, but bad in the sense that it's not always true and it creates inefficiency.

Perfect example is Aidy Boothroyd managing the England U21.
The pool of managers and football decision making executives is not backed by a robust education system in the art. It's not like being a mathematician where anyone with ability can be objectively measured and become an important member of the field, it's mostly rich ex-footballers who can be bothered and aren't total bean heads. The footballers are world class but frankly the judges and decision makers above them are absolutely not.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The pool of managers and football decision making executives is not backed by a robust education system in the art. It's not like being a mathematician where anyone with ability can be objectively measured and become an important member of the field, it's mostly rich ex-footballers who can be bothered and aren't total bean heads. The footballers are world class but frankly the judges and decision makers above them are absolutely not.

You said it better than I could.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom