• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I agree, it also applies to any new players joining. Why bring in new players for Arteta to destroy? We dont have a single player who has improved throughout the season. People may say Saka but he looked better a few months ago compared to now. Also ESR has just scored his first PL goal, same with Willian, they should both have scored 5 to 10 by now. Partey has had people claiming we've bought a dud and Auba has had the worst season of his career.

All of the above has one common factor, Arteta!
Yeah Partey for example without hindsight, you do that signing probably 100 times out of 100. Injuries obviously haven't helped but he's been available barring a couple of games since the start of the year and we really can't say he's had anything close to a good season. I find it very unlikely that he's turned into a **** player in less than a year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

@OnlyOne everyone on the TL saying this guy is reliable

This is probably fair, tbh...when you look at everything.

He has had a poor season this year, but with the cup win in his first year and him being a rookie, think allowing him one bad season was always gonna happen ( also, our board don't want to look for a another new manager so soon :lol: )

The pressure will be on him next season, he has messed a lot of things up this year...with fans back, he needs to start well, or he will be in massive trouble.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah Partey for example without hindsight, you do that signing probably 100 times out of 100. Injuries obviously haven't helped but he's been available barring a couple of games since the start of the year and we really can't say he's had anything close to a good season. I find it very unlikely that he's turned into a **** player in less than a year.
He's had great games, decisive contributions and he's destroyed presses but his poor ones tend to come because he takes a few too many risk with the ball. I will say that at Atletico he wasn't often deployed as the main man in the middle, in fact he spent a lot of time on the left hand side of midfield. Maybe that's something to do with it? Either way his performances need to be more consistent if we're ever going to do something serious with the player. The goal we scored in the 1-1 against Burnley is a good example of what he can do what he doesn't get credit for.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's had great games, decisive contributions and he's destroyed presses but his poor ones tend to come because he takes a few too many risk with the ball. I will say that at Atletico he wasn't often deployed as the main man in the middle, in fact he spent a lot of time on the left hand side of midfield. Maybe that's something to do with it? Either way his performances need to be more consistent if we're ever going to do something serious with the player. The goal we scored in the 1-1 against Burnley is a good example of what he can do what he doesn't get credit for.
I don't think he's had any "great" games but then my standards are pretty high. He played well at Old Trafford and was good for an hour at home to Sp**s but he's certainly not done enough to say he's been money well spent yet but again you don't turn into a **** player overnight. As I say though until we can get a competent manager in I'll find it hard to be too harsh on the majority of players we have.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AFTV’s Robbie is quietly rubbing his hands together behind the scenes. He knows his channel will grow even more next season if Arteta is still there - DT and Lee Judges will lose their minds.

It’s only going to get worse from here, I don’t think I’ve got enough popcorn in.
You really a woman or are you a weirdo pretending not to be a hairy Manc?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne everyone on the TL saying this guy is reliable

Well I suppose it's not a massive surprise, we sacked Emery just last season and Kroenke bet everything on Arteta because it is/was the cheapie option.

He's not going to want to sack him (which will cost money) and then hire an even more expensive manager.

It's a real shame because to me it's obvious that a change is needed, he's just not performed well enough and on top of that he's had some real and tangible man management problems.

I'm still p!ssed we missed out on Tuchel.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta certainly left a lasting impression with Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis, using some of the money raised in club fines to buy the American a prestigious watch.
As official collector of the money from players’ misdemeanours, the ‘present’ came as a surprise to some of Arteta’s team-mates.

Arteta is a player. No wonder that suits like him :lol:
Ah man, only slightly disliked him as a person but this is taking the piss now. Combine this with the reports of how he distanced himself from the players when he was captain and it’s painting a picture of quite an unlikeable person. 😂

This is basically Arteta while he was at Arsenal. No wonder he’s gone on to become a cold manager.
1620658744657.jpeg

GDeep™

League is very weak
AFTV’s Robbie is quietly rubbing his hands together behind the scenes. He knows his channel will grow even more next season if Arteta is still there - DT and Lee Judges will lose their minds.

It’s only going to get worse from here, I don’t think I’ve got enough popcorn in.
The biggest views on these channels come when the club are winning.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Inside the first 45 minutes, he received four passes in the opposition penalty area — the most he’s received in a first half this season. He had one assist to his name, and but for a few millimetres might have had a couple more. Villarreal are a stronger side than relegated West Brom, but this was an excellent showcase of Saka’s potential in that position.
@Iceman10 see what I mean, our LB regardless of who they are seems to get the most attacking joy out of any player on the pitch.

We took Saka further away from goal and his attacking output sky rocketed. We are so broken 🤣

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He can't improve current players. So why would we believe he's going to improve new signings? He identified Gabriel, Thomas, Willian etc and all have failed to have an impact. Blame age, injuries, no fans whatever but that is all too coincidental that everyone has played bad.

Our best players are the young lads who could just be developing and improving as nature takes its course. Not specifically cause Arteta is doing anything magic with them.
What I'm saying is it's hard to know if a 19 year old and a 20 year old are playing well because of nature or coaching. Considering that basically every other player in the team is regressing or playing at their usual level.

Said this all season and was told that I’m a hater. 🤣

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Found the start of this pretty triggering, with that City fan saying “City and Chelsea have won more PL’s”... yeah because your club got billions from a sugar daddy you Manc ****.

This was the most famous player associated with City, until 10 years ago...

81iMrfMitOL._RI_.jpg

...life's easy when you have a country pumping money into your club, ffs...these gimps glossing over that though :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom